Why do you think they never tried to reboot this show?

>image
>title
I mean, they tried to reboot alot of other 90s/2000s shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

acmeacres.prophpbb.com/topic2029.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it would be furry shit.

Is there a source on that besides Wikipedia?

Because good things never last, user.
Haven't you learned that by now?
I know... it's hard. It's hard to get used to after all the lies you were told as a child.

well that sucks.

famicom why

I would really hate to see what Modern TV would do to Fifi La Fume in this day and age...

isnt Gumball the reboot? except instead of referencing specific characters, they just do art styles?

acmeacres.prophpbb.com/topic2029.html
If Lupin III can survive on modern TV then so can Fifi.

Do so before the original staff retires in 2020.
No, it's nothing like Tiny Toons.

Tiny Toons was embeded in the pop culture of the late 80s and early 90s, depending a lot on making fun of animation standards at the time, movies, shows, tv stations, themselves, even politicians.

But it did so in a self aware, sometimes restricted way.
The way this shit is done nowadays and with all the sjw mentality going on and bein catered to thanks to tumblr and others, this show would fail reboot wise.

sad to say, but Gumball is really its spiritual succesor.

>The way this shit is done nowadays and with all the sjw mentality going on and been catered to thanks to tumblr and others, this show would fail reboot wise.
Bule Jacket Lupin III will like to have a word you.

And Gumball is nothing like Tiny Toons, Tiny Toons was intelligent when Gumball was just juvenile.

Short answer is that the old fags in charge of the Looney Toons HATED Tiny Toons, going so far as greenlighting a story where Buster is murdered by Elmer Fudd in the LT DC Comics (and everyone laughing with joy when his severed head is presented as a trophy on Elmer's wall)

Long answer, is that there are a TON of rights issues involved with Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain that prevent them from being revived. Mainly, the fact that in order to to get Spielberg to put his name on the shows, WB has to get his permission for any revival.

So you need to get Spielberg to sign off on any TT revival, and even then, you have to deal with butt hurt old fags who think TT is a blight on humanity refusing to do the show

That reminds me of a story I remember hearing in the early 00s.

Tiny Toons went off the air in order to make way for Animaniacs, but Tiny Toons still kept doing gangbuster ratings in reruns.

So when the WB network came into being in the mid-90s along with it's kids block, WB wanted resurrect Tiny Toons and even got Konomi (who had the video game rights) produce a new SNES game for Tiny Toons to go along with the revival and Speilberg to sign off on it.

But the whole revival got killed though because some old farts got pissy and thought that bringing back Tiny Toons would upstage Space Jam, which the old fags were all busy working on and desperately wanting to be the start of a revival of the OG Loony Toons.

No, only Jones & Freleng hated it, everyone else LOVED it.

Also that comic is NOT CANON!

As for rights it's not Spielberg thats the issue but instead TMS as they won't allow Warners to touch the IPs to avoid another Pinky Elmyra and The Brain, they're also the reason why it took so long to get Animaniacs Volume 4 and Wakko's Wish on DVD, the later TMS demanded to do retakes on it before Warner Bros could release the DVD because Shaft does it.

TMS does fear about losing the rights however like what happen with Space Adventure Cobra a decade ago, as for any reboots, a 6th season of Animaniacs was planed but Spielberg rejected it due to "too many reboots on the market right now" leaving TMS reserved on Lupin III Part V since April of this year.

Which is what I said.

Secret of Cerulean Sand bombed badly and TMS needed some very fast cash and Tiny Toons was the fastest cash TMS could get.

Konami would of only publish the games as the games were developed by Treasure (who did Babs' Big Brake back when the team was still at Konami) as the original team (Konami Computer Entertainment Kobe, now known as Good Feel) was adsorbed into Konami Computer Entertainment Osaka and was reserved on IgaVanias on the GBA, but as you should know the 4th season never took off and Konami killed of the games, Treasure was meant to do 3 games but only finished 2 of them (Buster's Bad Dream & Defenders of the Universe) and one of them never came out, the other one ended up being released by another publisher (Swing! Entertainment Media AG) in North America and Europe when remaining unreleased in Japan, the 3rd in Konami's deal with Treasure ended up being replaced with Gradius V when Konami replaced the Tiny Toons licence with D,Gray Man due to needing to release a game on a TV show thats actuality airing.

The 4th season got rejected because the IP was not created in Japan, leaving TMS to do Uninhabited Planet Survive when the US crew at Warner Bros ended up doing Duck Dodgers instead.

Also the 4th season was set for 2003'ish, not the time Space Jam was released.

>going so far as greenlighting a story where Buster is murdered by Elmer Fudd in the LT DC Comics

A story written by Dan Slott, even

Non-Canon.

reboot the show with the current calarts trend? no thanks, maybe in the 20's if the moralist bulshit is over

That just seems cuntish

Oh well there ya go

If Blue Jacket Lupin III can avoid the current CalArts trends then Tiny Toons can do the same.

Do it, before the original animation team retires.

It was a product of its time like Loonatics Unleashed.

I actually don't want a reboot to this so much as I want a sequel where they're all college students/dropouts. Same sense of humor, but on Adult Swim with the freedom to be more risque than what they were able to get away with in the 90s.

Thats what they said about Lupin III, but look what happen.

Non-Canon.

but isn't lupin the 3rd a japanese anime?

Yes, but from the same animation staff.

Stay buttmad, Slott.

But it is non-canon.

>going so far as greenlighting a story where Buster is murdered by Elmer Fudd in the LT DC Comics (and everyone laughing with joy when his severed head is presented as a trophy on Elmer's wall)

They just go "eh"

I don't ask why. I'm just grateful there wasn't. Had enough reboots these days and if you stop to consider it TT is almost a reboot in and of itself.

But there was looney toons and wabbit.
Tiny toons was great, and babs was actually a good female character that doesn't relied on waifuing or just eyecandy, she was genuinely comical.

If you can't improve upon the original then there shouldn't be a remake. That goes for all things.

That's not to say Tiny Toons is perfect, but the current state of the animation industry isn't in a place where you can do animation as expensive or as fluid as what the original did. Especially not on television. Nobody wants to see a flat looking Tiny Toons with Hanna-Barbera level designs with static animation. And they'd probably get actual teenagers to voice the characters. Yeah, no thanks.

You don't want to go rebooting things in this day and age just look at the power puff girls and teen titans. Trust me, sometimes dead is better.

What happened to the Tiny Toons after all these years...

>Fifi is being in a relationship with Calamity, who invented a programm that will explode the computers of everyone on facebook who uses the word SJW unironically

>Hampton has turned into an accountant with germophobia

>Montana Max has been put on trial as someone mistook him for that asshole that killed Alucard and blew up London in 1999.

>Elmyra Duff is the new spokeswoman of PETA, which says a lot about the organisation.

>Buster developed severe resentment towards Bugs after he found out he is his illegitimate son with Lola Bunny. After graduation he wanted to become a cartoon star but would have only been so in the 2000s if he joined in some weaboo inspired shit.
>Nowadays he works as scripwriter for actually good cartoons and has regular fun by making sure the data of the latest episodes of Steven Universe get either leaked or deleted before Rebecca Sugar can send it to the higher ups to be aired.

>Babs needed to change her entire identity after she killed Amy Schumer in the name of good comedy. Nowadays she walks around in a weird pony suit and pretends to go by the name of Pinkie Pie

Even old Looney Tunes cartoons did jokes based on actors and trends of the times. That never stopped anyone from diggin those characters back up and modernizing them.

Yeah, sure. But can you imagine this characters work within the context of our modern day cartoon industry and the shit some people produce?

Babs and Buster would look at something like Bob's Burger and ask what is so funny about people, that aren't even as despicable as the guys in Seinfeld.

It was a reboot on it's own. Can't reboot the reboot.

Tell that to the people who did...

-The Mummy 2017
-Plan to do a new Nightmare on Elmstreet
-Did the Fant4tic Four movie
-Spiderman: Homecoming
-Any of the Chainsaw Massacres after the fourth one

It was a pretty bad show, there's nothing to reboot.

Redpilled af.

Because:

1. You have know who the old Looney Tunes characters were to understand who the Tiny Toons were, and they've all faded out of common knowledge now.

2. Tiny Toons was not as well animated or written as the later shows, so it isn't as ripe for a revival as Animaniacs or Freakazoid or P&B.

3. Joe Alaskey and Don Messick are dead, and Charlie Adler is still angry about he was treated at the end of the show.

That's why.

>Charlie Adler is still angry about he was treated at the end of the show.
What happened?

>Charlie Adler is still angry about he was treated at the end of the show

Care to ellaborate? All I could find out about it was that Adler got butthurt that he wasn't offered a role in Animaniacs as Tiny Toons was close to being finalized.

Both Adler and Alaskey didn't get roles on the new show. I'm not sure why, I think they just assumed they'd have a place and didn't go to auditions. They complained and got fired from Tiny Toons. Alaskey swallowed his pride and begged for his job back, I think he only missed part of an episode to Maurice LaMarche. Adler said to hell with it and has been very bitter.

Pretty sure Adler ragequit from Tiny Toons instead of being fired. They had to scramble to find a replacement VA for last 10 episodes that had to be recorded.

Your link says that info came from Wikipedia. So again, any other source?

Tiny Toons is kind of meh. I don't really see the appeal, or even know how to properly describe the genre. It feels very light entertainment, especially in contrast to the very old WB material. I guess this was okay 25 years ago, for TV animation, but why is it necessary now that animated sitcoms are so much better? In fact, other sitcoms and comedies in general were better than TT was 25 years ago (Or any year. Broadly, comedy has always been ultra-dominate in the Anglosphere compared to everything else).

In the words of Daffy and Elmer: Eh.
I love Adler, but Buster was far from his best character.

Too much a product of the time like animaniacs
It coudln't exist well in mordern day I think with its' humor style and presentation