LOL

I thought you were memeing

Attached: consul of rome.png (1095x707, 445K)

american education really is trash, everything i know about ancient rome, i had to learn on my own

No country in the world delves too much in the Roman Empire though. Mostly because there are much more relevant shit that happens after it.

Try brazilian education then, i only learned about world wars and cold wars by looking it up on the internet, back in school every day was "cabral was evil fuck the portuguese" for 9 years.
i still know nothing about rome as well

Attached: roman stationary.png (816x625, 439K)

yeah this, I had to read books to learn about this shit

>Comparing armor between a span of 600 years
>The older one is inferior to the newer one

this image is beyond retarded

>you

who? never seen this mentioned once.

newfag

Select your character

Attached: whichroman.png (737x752, 303K)

i don't even know who cabral is, all us burgers learn about is "muh slavery" and "muh holocaust." most of what i know about rome i learned through the podcast "the history or rome," check it out, roman history is kino

I would never joke about this. Never speak to me directly again. Also, learn more Roman history.

Something between Severus and Flavius.

well here in Honduras its like this:

>private education uses american "Universal history" texts that have a boner for greece and usually assign roman history a short chapter
>public education is "the spaniards are evil and the destroyed the native utopia" and "the gringos are evil"

Is it spelled "counsel"? the letter "e" didn't exist until the 17th century

Except mail was superior to lorica segmentata

i couldn't think of a more retarded education system than one where you learn about roman history and not that of your own country.

clearly the american education system has failed you

I am like Flavius and Domitius, except I am habitually clean-shaven, not suicidal, and have been told by many people that they like my style. I'm a fan of Late Roman aesthetics.

I dont get it. explain pls. tx

domitus and flavius for sure maybe I will shave it now

i'm telling you that we learned the same dozen or so events for like ten years, and nothing else. i would guess that only 10% of the population could name even half the presidents, or three things other than the civil war that happened in the 1800s. for all the redundant lessons we had over the years, we could have at least had a "world history" class of some sort

uh we went p thoroughly

t. dutch

HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME

>grade schools should be able to teach us the history of the entire world or else they're bad!

keep blaming the educational system and not your own low g factor for your shortcomings bud

what the fuck are you talking about? anyways, i will say that in my senior year they did offer an advanced world history course, but i chose economics and government instead. but world history should have been taught in middle school, instead of the same bullshit over and over

I'm already Flavius IRL

History is the hardest thing to study because as time goes by it gets harder (because more things are added) and to make it worse there are groups with enough power to rewrite things as they see fit (or as they happen, like the media does) and people in the future will have no idea what was real and what wasn't.

Remember when the jews killed zeus and christians destroyed all magic sources in the world? of course you don't ... it

Attached: 1488139854693.jpg (540x490, 82K)

other way around desu

I'm American and we learned all about the transformation into an Empire, switching capitols to Byzantine, etc. In like 5th grade.

thought i was on /his/

I'm Domitius to a T

>tfw Australian
>spent like two weeks on 'medieval times' and four months of gay as fuck Aussie colonial history

Attached: legionary-evolution.jpg (1068x464, 93K)

This, if I hadn't read books and learned things on my own I would have been absolutely fucked

Don't send your children to public school.

My ancient history classes in high school were all about Greece, Rome, Egypt and a bit of Maya.

>when the jews killed zeus and christians destroyed all magic sources in the world?

In that Zeus is a mythological figure, no, you're right, I don't remember that. Also, magic sources? Don't the people who believe in magic think that magic still exists? You think there was some hidden magic war? Put down the Alan Moore and the doobie.

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions.

1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society).
2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power).
3)It determines what is held sacred in that society.

For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions.

1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII.

2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on.

3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust.

The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative.

Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction.

Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story.

Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity.

Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned. People don’t realise it but the bounds of allowable thought and the orientation of ideas are all downstream from the myth of the society. As long as our understanding of who we are is determined by this negative foundation myth the only direction is down.

Domitius and Severus

There was a Spartan who had a life-sized fly painted on his shield. He must have been hilarious.

Gotta program those goys with the white guilt early so we can control them the rest of their lives.

Attached: 1520214143573.jpg (439x594, 36K)

Gender politics is the hardest thing to study because as time goes by it gets harder (because more things are added) and to make it worse there are groups with enough power to rewrite things as they see fit (or as they happen, like the media does) and people in the future will have no idea what was real and what wasn't.

Fixed that for you.

I hear he was pretty fly, for a Hómoioi

This isn't true at all. Did your school not offer fucking Latin? My fascination with Roman history developed through taking three years of it.

My school also offered AP Classical History which went into it pretty well. Even AP World History delved into it in a generic way. Have you considered that you might just been a brainlet and took the easy courses for credits?

>the virgin crumbling empire vs the chad man of the republic
You've got it backwards.
Not to mention.
>gauls get ye gone
Gaul was basically entirely Roman during this period.
>navigating piles of Dacian corpses
Wrong century, again. Did the person who made this know nothing of history?

Attached: 1516558480270.jpg (630x830, 108K)

Was he not a consul? Is reality different from that shitty show Rome? What is the point of this horrible thread?

Attached: CF18A2BA-2A82-41EE-B05C-1ACC2312BEA6.jpg (780x999, 297K)

I'm both severus and flavius

pimpknight is objectively the best.

magic find is the best stat

>white people humour

Pretty sure this was made by an insecure nog or at least was channelling the insecure nog effect

My school only had Spanish, French and Italian.
And we only had world history, ap us, ap gov, and economics

>Gaul was basically entirely Roman during this period
I think the joke is that the Coolus is a Gallic design while the Niederbieber is an original Roman design

Also, there was plenty of war in Dacia in the third century, what the fuck do you mean

mfw found out Rome was a real place

Attached: 1343550487497.jpg (450x337, 63K)

I learned tons about the Romans, we t on trips to see local ruins too.

Ancient history probably has more of an appeal when its local - my highschool was older than the USA

I'd like to see you prove it.

Irish ww2 history was red pilled as fuck. The brits were also the bad guys and we tried to help both sides until we knew who would win.

Actual politics.

Interesting theory. I don't believe it holds much sway for Americans, though. We are still firmly rooted in Christian values even if it has been poisoned by consumerism and other globalist ploys.

Why do all of these match me?

Quality post

thanks for the blogpost. you're a retard

It's not their fault that it's hard to pick out what exactly students should study. History's a pretty big subject.

I'm fully Flavius and a mix of the others, complete with the huge piece of shit beard that I don't shave or properly maintain since maybe, just maybe, it'll get tangled around my neck while I'm sleeping and kill me and it won't technically be suicide and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Attached: 1472799434165.jpg (604x403, 48K)

if i choose hostilius does that mean i get a gf

I'm regulus easy

wtf i am literally severus except the packs his own lunches

how do i understand philosophy? where to start?

3 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 5

lorica segmentata is absolute peak armor design