And the smallest one, was Madeline

And the smallest one, was Madeline

Anyone remember the appendicitis episode and when Madeline's friends started imagining shit that happened to her? Kinda freaked me out at the time.

It had a lot of weird episodes in general

T H I S

To this day, it is that episode that sticks in my mind. It was a bit traumatizing as a child.

>French
that checks out

for some reason the only scene form madeline i remember is the one where they all get chicken pox and they make a game of making shapes our of the dots on their supple exposed skin

Calls back to comfier times for Paris.
>What time period was it thereabouts?

So what happened to her in WW1 & WW2?
Did her parents die in WW1 or is madeline based before all those?
Either way being a child in france at that time means that your entire youth was going to be pretty grim.

1920s and 30s, and it's a boarding school, not an orphanage, so her parents are still alive.

I want to protect that smile

top tier daughterfu potential

How do I get a Madeline gf?

All the other kids except her go home to their parents for the holidays at one point. So yeah I'd say she's a war orphan.

>when you haven't rung the "IM A KEK" bell on Sup Forums in 3 minutes

Sometimes I see an old cartoon on here and want to go watch it again.

I crushed on her when I was little child. I miss my French waifu.

I always remembered the school as an orphanage, perhaps being unfamiliar with the concept of a boarding school in my youth.

Running into the book again in adulthood I was surprised to read how the appendicitis-stricken Madeline received gifts from her father while she convalesced.

Would you?

Maybe it was like the Little Princess, and she was an orphan at a boarding school.

Though in the Little Princess her life was pretty shit.

she'd be nearly one hundred years old user...

Assuming we're around the same age. Though would you prefer to be back in her time or she comes to the modern day?

I love this series

Did you never read the books? She got presents from her parents both on Christmas and when she was in the hospital. I seem to recall that her parents lived too far away for her to go back to them seasonally, they may have been in another country.

That might not be the case. It wasn't unusual for parents to just not see their kids more than a few times from they arrived at the boarding school and till they graduated. Parents back then just couldn't be bothered with their children before they were basically adults.

My father used to take a piss on me for watching this when I was a little kid. Good memories.

Like, actual pissing, or figurative pissing?

I only remember figurative

>for some reason the only scene form madeline i remember... exposed skin
>for some reason
>the only scene form madeline i remember

lel

She was only ever an orphan in the live action movie. That movie also; curiously enough, confirmed that Pepito's parents were fascist stooges allied to the Franco regime.

The smallest bump for Madeline.

Really adored this series, I doubt they'd ever revive Madeline without offending people