Now that the dust has settled, who had the best movies?

Now that the dust has settled, who had the best movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cap.

cap

im2 was that bad

thor 1 and 2 could put anyone to sleep

cap 1 was passable, winter soldier and CW are pretty entertaining

Why is the Thor: Ragnarok poster the only one to actually have color?

Anyway, to answer your question: Cap > Iron Man > Thor

This is true. Iron Man had the best first movie, Cap had the best second movie, and Thor had the best third movie. I think everyone can agree.

Well there are plebs who'd say Civil War was the best one.

Iron Man: All trash with great character moments from actors too talented to be in them

Cap: First two movies are excellent action movies. The third is crap, should be retitled Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man in Disney presents Marvel's The Avengers Part 3: Civil War featuring Captain America and his pal Bucky

Thor: 1 and 2 are garbage. 3 is Guardians of the Galaxy 3, so it's alright.

Cap, without a doubt

Captain America 1 and 2 are the best films ( 2 being the best of those ). Thor 3 comes in third.

The other Thor films are really bland and every Ironman film was bad.

Judging by the trilogies, which of these characters will inspire more good stories from future writers (who are kids in the movies now)?

I think this is a central point. Everything that happened to them culminated to those movies, who basically sum up their fictional biographies. Once they are on the minds of millions of people around the world, they may receive a new influx of creativity in comics.

Let's face it, Marvel characters were not in the average people's minds like Batman before the MCU. Now they are closer.

Iron Man has 1 great movie and two shit ones. Cap has three good to graet movies. Thor is okay, TDW is utterly mediocre but not as bad as the Iron Man sequels, and Ragnarok is pretty good. So Cap >> Thor > Iron Man.

I loved Ragnarok but I'll take CW any day over it.

Cap has a better average but I enjoyed Ragnarok more than Winter Soldier or Civil War.

that's just plan old wrong though, civil war beat the shit out of the catastrophe of Ragnarok.

It's cap all the way

I enjoyed Civil War but it was barely even a Captain Anerica movie outside muh Bucky.

>Iron Man>Captain America>Thor
>Winter Soldier>Dark World>Iron Man 2
>Ragnarok>Iron Man 3>Civil War

Winter Soldier > Ragnarok > First Avenger > Civil War > Iron Man > Thor 2 > Thor > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 2

Last 4 belong in the trash though.

the winter soldier alone holds the cap trilogy above the rest.

Huh.

Cap had 2 good movies. Iron Man had the best one though.

These

I would've added two more but those idiots thought a Manletman movie was at least as good as the first two Cap movies and that's just sad

Cap's worst was Civil War and it's still better than 2/3 of the Iron Man and Thor movies

Capt easily, all his 3 movies are good while Iron Man and Thor got 2 bad movies and 1 good.

Cap. Easily.

>Iron Man 3
>Above anything
It's the word movie in all of MCU
A plot so poorly done Fast & Furious did the badguy twist better.

Why did Thor suddenly forgot about the girl from the first two movies?

CW is hardly a Cap movie

Cap by a fucking landmile

Who??? Lol u fckin nerd do u rly remember some fucking obscure girl from an old (2013) movie????

Nobody liked her so they'll just pretend it didn't happen.

Now if they'd only do the same thing with that dogshit Widow/Hulk romance, it would be great.

I was just thinking about that.
Guess they didn't want her killed on screen causing bad press.

>The third is crap, should be retitled Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man in Disney presents Marvel's The Avengers Part 3: Civil War featuring Captain America and his pal Bucky
What a faggy, Sup Forums tier post.

Cap without a doubt.

Stark is just another Bruce Wayne, a charismatic billionaire with fancy toys. Yes, his powers are different but they certainly aren't anything that's been done before or since (Blue Beetle, Cyborg, to name two.) Thor is literally what you get when you take Superman and Wonder Woman and spin them around in a blender really fast and drop your creation in a Nordic mythology story. Every would-be great Thor story has already been told by DC. Neither of them add anything of importance to capeshit story telling dynamic.

If anyone's going to have classics spawn from inspiration of the MCU it's going to be Cap and maybe WW WUZ WHOOO AY YO HOL UP depending on how they handle that shit.

The thing that bothered me most about the new Thor is how he didn't care for his dead friends from the first 2 movies. Didn't even ask or wonder if they died.

>I enjoyed Civil War but it was barely even a Captain Anerica movie outside muh Bucky.

I just don't get this.

People's ability to miss the point of a story just because there's a lot going on it completely justified the fucking quipfest the Mouse is turning the MCU into. They're betting a multi-billion dollar franchise on the fact the capefags are brainlets and everytime someone says "CW is just another Avengers movie lol" it proves them right.

Stark is just another Bruce Wayne, a charismatic billionaire with fancy toys.
This is amusing, as WB has desperately been trying to morph Affleck into Tony Stark, the armored weapons dealer. Now we have JL with Stark-I mean Bruce, mentoring and designing a suit for Peter-I mean Flash to wear.

I'll give you the satisfaction of knowing I typed up a whole response before realizing what you were trying at

>Great Tier
Cap 2
Iron Man

>Good Tier
Thor 3
Cap 3

>Ok Tier
Iron Man 3
Cap 1

>Shit Tier
Thor
Thor 2
Iron Man 2

While I agree that Civil War was still a Cap movie by virtue of closing his arc (from government's super soldier in the first to disillusioned hero in Winter Soldier to fugitive/Nomad in Civil War), you can't deny that some shit in the movie was really not needed. Half an hour of Spider-Man wank was really fucking out of place and taking it out would only improve the movie.

My hot take

>Great Tier
Cap 2
Ragnarok

>Good Tier
Cap 1
Civil War
Iron Man

>Ok Tier
Thor 2

>Meh Tier
Thor
Iron Man 3

>Shit Tier
Iron Man 2

Stark recruiting a masked,underaged vigilante in his crusade to make heroes liable and controlled because it was needed is the exact hypocrisy that deflated his argument going into the third act, so it ties directly to the plot.

Even if it wasn't, the movie is about consequences. Consequences for dropping a city and killing Zemo's kin, consequences for failing Bucky, consequences for killing a man's parents, responsibility for covering it up.

The involvement of the rest of the MCU is just collateral for stakes being that high. A Zemo vs. Bucky and Cap episode could've been done with that very plot and the movie would fail without the emotional attachment.

I haven't seen Ragnarok yet, but it makes me excited so many people are rating it highly.

As long as you go in knowing it's mostly a comedy, you'll enjoy it. It also has the best action scenes with Thor so far.

His fight with Surtur was so fucking good and so was him going OP at the end.

Something I find interesting about these 3 trilogies,

>Iron Man - 1 is best
>Cap - 2 is best
>Thor - 3 is best

Cap had the strongest series by far, but of them all Iron Man 1 is probably still my favorite Marvel film so far.

I remember and rewatch the Winter Soldier all the time. I remember large chunks of Cap 3, and a lot of stuff from the first two acts of Cap 1.

Iron Man has faded from my memory a bit. I remember Tony putting on the suitcase armor in IM2 because I love a good henshin, and I remember the plane scene from IM3 and the Mandarin reveal.

I remember Thor going "another" and smashing the cup in Thor 1. I remember a joke about Thor getting teleported away from the battle and having to take the subway back. I saw Thor 3 last night, but walking out of the theater one of my friends had already forgotten Doctor Strange was in it until I brought it up.

Cap is the only series where I could explain the plots of all three movies in detail from memory.

They made jokes about them breaking up in the film, pay attention.

Meta answer: Nobody liked the romance shit, it's the main reason the first two films weren't very good, and I don't think Portman wanted to come back anyway.

I don't consider this a stupid opinion, but I think once Thor 3 fades in our memories a little, Cap 3 will be thought of as the better 3.

God, I was worried the big CGI-fest battle at the end was gonna go the way of Wonder Woman and be the worst part of the film, but they pulled that shit off.

I'd say bump Thor 3 to Ok Tier since we all know soon enough hype will die down and people will notice/criticize flaws (people already are pointing out Sif was written out for no reason and other things).
Also I still find it surprising that people prefer Iron Man 3 to Iron Man 2.
IM2 ain't great but I'd watch it any day of the week over IM3. Worst movie of the MCU.

Cap obviously. Best characters, best writing, best action, best music.

I find it surprising that so many people prefer the first 2 Thor films to any of the Iron Man films, while Iron 2 and 3 were not great, Thor 2 is possibly the most boring superhero film of the last decade aside from BvS.

>"What are you the god of again?"
>Thor goes super saiyan
>Immigrant Song starts playing
>montage of everyone fighting on the Bifrost
I don't care how shill-tier I sound, that shit had me cumming buckets.

Surf was written out because her actress was unavailable

Thor movies are best when its just him and a few guys slaughtering mooks. There's are reason the beginning is the most memorable part of the first movie.

Wouldn't be the first time they swapped out an actor for one of those 3.

Well, how are these characters presented, if you're an analytical type less familiar with comics?

The Cap movies vastly increased the importance of Bucky, and pushed the idea of Cap as a guy trying to do the right thing in a world that doesn't give easy answers. Which isn't wildly different from how he is in the comics, but MCU Cap feels a bit more like a moral core than comics Cap.

The Iron Man movies all but reinvented the character, making him a snarky funnyman with anxiety issues who's got the world's greatest mind but is driven by his emotions. (Even Cap 3 gets in on this, by implying Tony's unwillingness to compromise is partially fueled by his relationship with Pepper falling apart).

The Thor movies, especially 1 and 3, have this idea that Thor is super-arrogant and doesn't take situations seriously when he's confident (compare his conversation with Surter with his scenes with Hela). MCU Thor kind of comes off that he gets dumber the less threatened he feels, like he's not applying himself.

>Great Tier
Cap 2

>Good Tier
Cap 3
Iron Man
Thor 3

>OK Tier
Cap 1
Iron Man 3
Thor 1

>Bad Tier
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

Cap 1 is hard to rank because I think the first half is great and the second half is bad. I was never bored watching Thor 3, but it also felt a lot emptier than most of the other Marvel movies, since there wasn't a coherent thematic throughline like, say, GotG 2's storylines all being about parents in some way, so a lot of the scenes - while individually entertaining - felt disjointed and out of place.

Characterization wise I think Thor had the short end of the stick because they didn't really know what to do with him in the first 2 movies and in Avengers. It's why Ragnarok is pretty much a reinvention of the character and why I think he has the most potential for a 4th movie. Iron Man and Cap are both more fleshed out as characters and I also think their journeys/arc are pretty much done. Cap especially, him sacrificing himself in Avengers 4 would be really impactful and would be a great end to his character.

About Cap and Iron Man, I think this video is really great at analyzing their contrasting arcs, properly starts at 1:50.
youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk

Cap has two good movies.

Iron Man has one.

Thor has zero.

I'd bump Iron Man 1 to great but other than that I pretty much exactly agree with this.

Iron Man 1, for me, is a bit weird because it's been the template for so many MCU movies that it feels generic to me now, even though I know it wasn't at the time.

That's just my hang-up, though. I also haven't seen it in a while.

As a standalone film, without even comparing it to any other films in the MCU, they did almost everything right. The fact that it still holds up after almost 10 years and doesn't feel dated is impressive all on its own.

Cap > Iron Man > Thor(recent movie was fine but 1 and 2 are still unwatchable which always puts this trilogy in dead last compared to any others)

Actually, I'd also bump Cap 1 into good.

Winter Soldier is best
Iron Man trilogy was most consistent for me

>mfw people actually like Iron Man 2
Explain yourselves!

I don't hate it. It's the worst Iron Man film by far, but it's way better than Thor 2 and still better than Thor 1.

I'm gonna be entirely honest and say I at least enjoy every MCU film so far. The worst ones are just mediocre to me, and I think people who zealously hate on them are just being overly dramatic.

Cap
I liked the first one because i thought they captured what Steve Rogers was about perfectly.
The second one was a fun crime drama.
And Civil war was a nice end to caps arc.

While I enjoyed pretty much all of them so far, I have an irrational hate for GotG 2. I don't even know why I disliked it so much, but the humor was the most grating thing I've ever experienced while watching a movie.

I'd honestly rewatch Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Thor etc. another 5 times rather than see GotG 2 again.

Really? That pretty surprising, sure some of the jokes fell flat but overall I thought it was highly enjoyable.

>I remember the plane scene from IM3
God...I dont remember much from IM other than that. That one scene was just so well executed and hit really well.

Yeah, something just didn't click for me. GotG 2 and Suicide Squad were the comic book movies I hated the most these past years, even if objectively I can see that GotG is miles ahead in quality compared to SS.

Maybe it's because I expected something good going in and I was really taken aback by how tryhard and unfunny it was. Really killed my interest in the MCU GotG going forward.

literally NOBODY, NOBODY gives a fuck about beetle or cyborg user

The trailer shows people falling out of the plane, and this snippet of dialogue

>How many in the air?
>Thriteen
>How many can I carry?
>Four

And I went "Huh. I wonder how Tony will save all the people". And then later that week I saw a comic cover for Green Lantern teasing that more GLs were in trouble than Jon could save (I think it was something like that, anyway), and I went "Huh. I wonder who dies". And that kind of drove home the tonal differences between the MCU movies and a lot of the comics I was reading at the time.

I wasn't tired of jokes by then so since the movie was just nothing but action/jokes I never hated most of the quips.
I thought Whiplash at first was pretty cool (even if his final suit form looked pretty lame) and Hammer was fairly funny.
I liked the whole arc of Tony becoming more and more self destructive cause he knew he was slowly dying and wanted to distance himself from his loved ones.
Also it introduced the wonderful fap material that is Black Widow.
And I liked the new Rhodey over IM1's Rhodey.

Compared to it, what I never get why people enjoy IM3 over it.
The villains are 5x worse. I mean AIM is shown to have a decade on the same science plan (with no signs of other superscience being worked on). By the tike The Mandarin is blabbing about fortune cookies it becomes obvious that he is just a figurehead to cover-up their main villain (a twist I will always point out was done so horribly even Fast & Furious did it better).
And Tony's drama is some weird PTSD from going through a wormhole that isn't never completely explained. Which he tries to cope with by constantly building suits and then recovers from by ... having a conversation with a 12 year old and the kid saying "why don't you build something".

Cap

>Great Tier
Cap 2
Thor 3
>Good Tier
Iron Man 1
Cap 3
>Ok Tier
Cap 1
Iron Man 3
>I don't remember what happened in this movie Tier
Thor 1
Thor 2
>Hot Garbage Tier
Iron man 2

Dude, Iron Man 2 is way worse. Literally only good parts are that 10-second Genndy fight scene and some of Justin Hammer's lines.

Captain America. All his movies were excellent, each one better than the last

Fuck dude I love infamous. Such a Good game

the best out of 3 cap

but each as one that stands above the rest of their series
ironman
cap2
thor3
are the best of their respective trilogies.

i was honestly the most disappointed in the ironman movies decline as they went on, i didn't like 2 or 3, but loved on 1.

No matter what Thor 2 was so badthst cap wins

Haven't seen ragnarok but Thor 1 was decent as was cap 1 cap 2 was great IMO and civil war was also decent IMO

Cap had the best movies on average, but Iron Man has the best trilogy.

IM->IM2->IM3 feels like an actual story.

Thor and Cap's movies just feel like three Thor and Cap adventures. Cap's got a decent arc through them, but they don't feel wholly connected, especially with CW as a bonus Avengers story.

Iron Man, obviously.

The correct answer is Ant-Man. Progressively better with each film.
Giant-Man and Wasp's takedown of Taskmaster and his fake Avengers is top 3 MCU.

And interestingly, Iron Man had the worst third movie and Thor had the worst first movie.

Unironically this.

>IM->IM2->IM3 feels like an actual story.
I thought this as well. Somehow, even in its ups and downs, the IM films feel like a proper trilogy of films in terms of tone and overall narrative coherence.

cap. first avenger is underrated, winter soldier is GOAT, and civil war was great when it should have been a mess.

thor 1 is a guilty pleasure of mine, thor 2 may as well not have happened, while thor 3 was a bit of an off-kilter redemption.

IM never grabbed me.

>Which he tries to cope with by constantly building suits and then recovers from by ... having a conversation with a 12 year old and the kid saying "why don't you build something"

...Huh. That never struck me before.

Im wait8ng for the Deadpool trilogy.

Where is the Hulk trilogy? He is bigger with normies than all of these guys combined,

>And Tony's drama is some weird PTSD from going through a wormhole that isn't never completely explained
He thought he was going to die through self-sacrifice. And before he passed out, he sees that there's a shit ton of aliens out there that could easily attack Earth, which scared him even more so. I'm surprised that this even needs explaining.

>Which he tries to cope with by constantly building suits and then recovers from by ... having a conversation with a 12 year old and the kid saying "why don't you build something".
Tony was obsessed with the idea that he could build any Iron Man suit that's perfect for solving any kind of problem. At that point in the story, he had no suit. The kid tells him to do what he does best (build stuff) and he ends up building gadgets that's sufficient in infiltrating the compound instead of constantly spazzing out because he doesn't have a suit at his disposal. Him acting like and being dubbed a "mechanic" is actually one of the better moments of IM3.

It's hard to build a complete movie, let alone a trilogy around a character that can only speak in incomplete sentences. Beyond the origin story, there isn't much Hulk can do on his own. Planet Hulk storyline was the only notable exception.

Sif is alive. "Odin" exiled her to Earth.

this

each character has had 1 decent movie, the rest are garbage.

And this time there's only one idiot who didn't need to be counted because he's defending a manlet movie.

There's a clear trend here, including people getting defensive about liking the Manletman movies people think are progressively worse crapfests.

Finally someone voices how I feel.

>t. never read any of hulk's thousands of comics

I got you bb.

No joke, my one wish for the MCU going forward is that they'll ditch Gunn after GotG 3 and someone else will take the reign on cosmic Marvel. He has an eye for the visuals and worldbuilding, but he's fucking awful at character development, humor and overall plotting. I know it's not a popular opinion though and his movies bring in a shitton of money, so I'm not holding my breath.