93%

>93%
How? This was the most generic, tonally fucked piece of 'just barely average' I've seen in a while.

>Marvel
>Pays
>Critics

The pacing lightening fast too. So much shit happens in just the first 25 minutes.

I really don't understand how everywhere I'm reading considers this the best Marvel movie to date. I don't even think it's the best Thor movie.

Marvel is the bing bing wahoo *1 up* of capeflicks.

the power of FUN

>DC autists enjoy a brief, if ineffective 2 weeks of shit-flinging before the Tears Distillery swings into full production.
Please, let it all out.

Don't get me wrong, it's not THAT bad, but it's still bad. I'd much rather watch this than 3/4 of the DC movies.

Clearly, you must have missed the brilliant and timely commentary on the sins of imperialism, historical revisionism, Trump and the prison-industrial complex.

this is how they let it out

the clips prove DC is just as shit as it ever was so they're trying to deflect by attacking another great Marvel movie

Spare me the deflection and bargaining.
This is your chance to let loose all of your pent up asshurt at the MCU's success.
Soon enough the board will be engulfed in justifiably shaming the latest DCEU shitfestival.
You have a small window, use it wisely.

Most positive reviews say its good because its anti alt-right

Why does the movie have to constantly try to force me to have fun with hamfisted humor? Iron Man 1 is more fun just because its a satisfying movie that doesn't ruin the build up to every critical moment with banter.

(((Most)))

>its anti alt-right
How's that?

Fuck off you whiny cunt. You don't want a discussion, you just want to shitpost.

No, Iron Man is fun because of the chemistry between the cast. The third act is shit and makes no sense. Why does Stane suddenly want to build a shitty Iron Man suit? Cause the movie demanded a forced final boss fight with an evil Iron Man, that's why.

>Pays critics.
>With an average score of 7.7, so it's pretty much considered just good.

Again, you DCEU maggles and your obsession over RT even though Warner owns them make you unable to understand why Marvel is doing better than DC in comics, in a similar way to WHY DC Comics and Metal is beating current nu-Marvel, and it's because they're trying to do a GOOD FUN movie.

>96538329
>The state of Sup Forumsposters still trying to get (you)s

I know right? The dark tone of the trailers and the choice of SRS BSNSS Director left me totally unprepared for the comedic elements.

Even with the campy 80's GotG style poster in front of the theater, I was SURE it was going to follow the in the mold of Fox's Logan.

So since I think Thor 2 is a bad movie, does that make me a DCEU maggle?

>he types unironically in a bait thread.
You have no safespace on Sup Forums, DCuck.

i don't get it

is banner gone forever or what? not that i even cared that much about him since his only solo movie

Why don't you cry more about it? That'll do the trick.

she knows but for some reason she refuses to fuck off back to her reddit

Fair enough. It's still handled tone miles better than Thor 3.

It's not campy, it's a literal parody of itself

Just turn your brain off and enjoy it, man. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to make any sense. Waititi said so himself.

>that's not
>how greentext
>works, dumbass

Nah.
If anything they are just stabilizing, with Banner not Hulking out at the slightest stimulus.

>I really don't understand how everywhere I'm reading considers this the best Marvel movie to date
They say this about every Marvel movie
They said it about Homecoming
They said it about Civil War
They’ll say it about Black Panther

Hell, they say it The Force Awakens and Rogue One too

If you take critics seriously at this point, you have only yourself to blame

I'm betting Black Widow will bring him back again.

>Thanos fights Doc Green

I'm having fun shitposting in a Bait Thread, while you are getting Upset at my shitposting.
That's the narrative I'm seeing.

Pls upgrade bait, btw.

Because he wants a prototype that he can offer to investors to change the world of warfare.

Banner wasn't Hulking out at stimulus before either though, thus the "always angry."

>with Banner not Hulking out at the slightest stimulus.
whatever happened to ''I'm always angry?''

apparently already retconned by avengers 2. weird considering it was the same guy writing everything.

If we're just going to be supposedly baiting each other, that's no fun.

No, that makes you in fact intelligent.

Look, the deal is that if you actually cared to see, plenty of MCU fans do hate Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Age of Quiptron and Iron Man 3's shitty reveal.

Also, you forget that a lot of people just try to make you reply thanks to BvS letting shitposters run rampant.
If anything, you should try to consider what exactly did you expect in this movie if you considered it really bad.

Injury or extreme stress was always the tipping point for him though.
But after his years in the Arena, neither the journey through THE ANUS nor the fall to the Bifrost auto-Hulked him as it had in previous movies.

Having to "work up" to a good Hulk-out is a substantial improvement in his life, he might even get to have non-Hulk sex life.

What in Avengers 2 retconned it?

are there still idiots who don't know how the tomatometer works?

Speak for yourself!

Is it just me or did Anthony Hopkins seem like he really did not want to be there?

There are still idiots who don't realize that Warner Brothers OWNS the Tomatometer.

Check any movie thread, most of them are indeed acting retarded so that they keep getting replies.

But there are some legitimate idiots who do take the bait, so yeah.

You mean The Professor, casual.

He's outright said as much in the past, but those estate taxes won't pay for themselves.
He seemed to be having fun in the scenes playing Loki playing Odin though.

If he seemed tired and lethargic while playing a character literally dying of Tired, I suppose that's forgiveable. It would have been odd had he been energetic.

Tessa Thompson was terrible in this but otherwise the cast is highly likable

That’s it. That’s the secret to RT.
Have a likeable cast make playful banter while poking fun at their own source material and things like story, cinematography, character, and score literally don’t matter

Have you not seen nu-Wars?

I said what I mean. Its the same goddamn concept faggot.

I am currently speaking for myself, as are we all.

The Professor=/= Doc Green.
Try again.

>If we're
Sorry, I didn't realize it was the Royal "we" your majesty!

>the most generic, tonally fucked piece of 'just barely average'
That's what passes for "good" nowadays.

I do not care about the distinction between smart Hulk and other smart Hulk. It doesn't matter in this context which sort of smart Hulk I'm referencing. Calm your autism.

>ITT: we try to sound like 70-yr olds huddled around their coffee at McDonalds griping about "them kids".

You're darn right I'm your majesty. Thank you for finally understanding, my new and entirely amiable friend.

We don't cotton to Marvel fags around these parts!

You grew up (a little) and neither the chicken nugs nor the light entertainment seems as good anymore. Now you are just a fat lonoely disappoint, living a disappoint life. You're Here Forever, so I applaud you having the correct attitude.

It upholds the proud tradition of Thor movies being some of the worst Marvel offerings, but now it's got that Avengers thing going where people think it's good for some reason.

I really hope the post-Infinity War stuff pumps some life back into the franchise.

>We

Oh yeah? I don't polycotton to DCucks, even if I myself am one. So why don't you split?

Why is it so hard to write a good Thor movie?

>I do not care about the distinction between smart Hulk and other smart Hulk. It doesn't matter in this context which sort of smart Hulk I'm referencing.
Except the distinction does matter particularly with how fucking diffrent they are, and The Professor is the one who fought Thanos.
And if your only take away from The Professor and Doc Green is "smart Hulk" then you're a retard.

Hey I’m incredibly fit and successful and fairly happy with life but I still think the trend of embracing dumb tongue-in-cheek quipfests that don’t take themselves seriously at the expense of traditional stories with real stakes, emotion, and characters is pretty lame, bro

Did you clap for nu-Wars as well?

Well, it's beaten Wonder Woman's domestic opening...

Once again Disney rules over cape movies.

I've seen a lot more generic than that. Go watch Lady Death.

>thor chained to a chair
>goblum starts playing the keyboard
wut

>Hey I’m incredibly fit and successful and fairly happy with life

What's baffling is that I mostly like the comics work of the guys writing them.

some vintage memes ITT

For better or worse, you're a hardcore fan and most movie reviews are aimed at a general audience
The earlier you realize this the more annoyance you'll save yourself. Just don't get smug about it

Being fit and successful isn’t even hard, let alone hard to believe

I guess it’s harder than pretending everyone with a different opinion is a fat basement dweller so you don’t ever have to reflect on your views, but that’s a low ass bar

I felt it appropriate, since Strapping Young Newfag wanted to illuminate us as to his $300k a year job, 13" penis and beautiful asian wife.

Such wonders have never before been spoken of on the Sup Forums.

What I do not understand is Valkyrie being seen as the breakout character of the movie.

She is terrible, and it seriously gets on my tits that she's never given a name.

And the transparent marketing ploy of "she's bisexual, we swear (even though we cut out the only overt hint to that in the movie)" genuinely offends me a little.

It was a fun movie (visually and actionwise), but yeah, I agree that it's barely above average. The humor felt so out of place and it wasn't my cup of tea either.
Besides, the movie lacked any sort of gravitas, i.e. all dramatic scenes lacked any sense of importance, probably due to all the quips.

I personally didn't give a shit when Asgard was destroyed... That should've been one of the heaviest scenes in Marvel history, but it just wasn't, maybe because of the preceding Hulk scene idk idc.

No, no, no.
Afternoon Bait Threads on Sup Forums are a well-known hangout for the wealthy, successful upper crust of society.
Why just yesterday, Mr Gates and I were having a rousing debate in a Kill, Marry, Fuck thread!

Excuse me a moment, my manservant has alerted me as to an unexpected arrival at the east gate.

I make $110K per year (I’m 26), have a 7.5” penis and a cute but dumb blonde gf, if you must know

Again, if this is hard for you to believe, you are deluding yourself as to how hard these things are to achieve (the cock was luck, I suppose)

>it seriously gets on my tits that she's never given a name.

Huh... now that you mention it.... I didn't even realize, because she (at the end of the day) isn't really important for the plot.

I personally didn't give a shit when Superman was killed... That should've been one of the heaviest scenes in DC history, but it just wasn't, maybe because of the preceding Martha scene idk idc.

btw, Asgard gets Ragnarok'd about as often as DC continuity gets reset, which is to say pretty damn often.

>The humor felt so out of place
If you're telling me you went to a THOR movie and was surprised by the quips and general levity, well, you are going to have to work a lot harder to convince me on that score.

Yeah, they don't even refer to her as "Valkyrie" as a name after they're all working together.

Just "you," "her," and "she"

>What I do not understand is Valkyrie being seen as the breakout character of the movie
Do you /really/ not understand it?
I completely agree with you that she was subpar at best but let’s not pretend we don’t all understand it, user. We do

Nice digits, btw

The subtext to Hela is that colonialism is evil and bad
Which really doesn’t have anything to do with the alt-right but y’know, Salon thinkpiece writers (I’m a leftist and I think that shit’s retarded)

Now we want nudes (of the gf, not your dick, and btw you don't measure from your anus).

why is every dissenting opinion being met with accusations of being a DC shill?

is it just a single mcufag with thin skin or am i missing a joke?

Nobody cares about your penis, dude.

No, I want his nudes.

What a failed post
Let’s count the ways this post fails:

The only joke you're missing is the DCEU, chico.

That's factually not true.
I care very much about your penis and would very much like to see it, preferably over dinner.

it's just how it is

just like how everyone who has a dissenting opinion on a DC movie which is everyone is a mouseshill

Movies attract casuals, casuals love console wars.

You’d think - nor weight nor income - but I guess insecure people need to project that everyone who has a different opinion is faulty in some way, user

Sad way to live, desu

Because these threads are filled with people who (supposedly) broadly hate the Marvel formula of film-making, and especially Thor movies, but apparently rush out opening weekend to watch each and every one of them?

Does that not strike you as a bit odd and amusing? I don't like Snyder movies, and I haven't watched one in theaters since Man of Steel. I doubt I will ever watch something written by Goyer for the rest of my life.
I certainly wouldn't drag myself to the theater to watch their latest work for the express purpose of thread participation on Sup Forums.
But here we are.

>blonde
See, that's where you're unhappy. All blondes should be killed.

Right. And I'm David Bowie.

Making Hela Thor and Loki's long lost older sister was retarded. Reminded me of that shitty nuPPG special with the older sister. Aside from that it was alright.

I don't get the hate, this is easily the 3rd best Guardians of the Galaxy film to date.

I liked her drunken belligerence, and she was stunningly beautiful desu
She wasn’t much of a character but that was enough to make me enjoy watching her

but I guess insecure people...need to post a diatribe in response to someone on an Anonymous board calling them fat?
Yes, that sounds precisely how insecure people would likely respond.

You seem largely unaware of how Sup Forums functions, young bait-gobbler.

Wait are you honestly retarded and don't understand that a massive amount of people are willing to waste money to bitch about something? Because this is a well documented occurrence. Fuck if I know why they find it fulfilling but they do it.