ITT: Times when South Park was wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3pqe24uRA
youtube.com/watch?v=MfrRzW-Yqog
my.mixtape.moe/dhmgfs.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're both blatantly bottoms.

Literally thought pokemon was a fad, when it was actually the best selling franchise of all time, beating out star wars even.

>that using aborted fetus was wrong
>that there is no evidence that gay marriages got problems while raising their kids
>the episode about cigars was pure ad hominem

>Claim they're wrong
>Give no explanation

What were they thinking with this episode?

>>that using aborted fetus was wrong
They thought this?
That's unexpected.

The time they said that all evidence about second-hand smoke giving you cancer was a lie made up by "mega-liberals".

Being funny. The succeded.

>Times when South Park was pandering to a viewpoint that I don't happen to share and I got triggered

Trying to subvert/play with sports movie cliches.

was funny in a family guy way

You're not very good at having opinions or articulating them very well. One more strike and your opinion license will be revoked.

>ITT: People using South Park as the basis for their ideologies
>ITT: People who don't get humor
>ITT: People who take metaphors literally
>ITT: Stop liking what I don't like

>Everything they tackled in the white people renovating episode

There is nothing wrong with
>everyone is stupid and wrong
as base for one's ideology

That was a pretty funnt wpisode, nothing groundbreaking tho

Also I like that Stan episodes always have him trying to do a good thing and fucking it up

"Environmentalists suck because they defend something I didn't have fun with"

-moral of the story

>There is nothing wrong with
>>everyone is stupid and wrong
>as base for one's ideology
t.Donald

I think the smoking episode was supposed to be less literal.
I think the idea was that "just because you're right doesn't mean you can be an asshole"

All the times they pretended humans can't damage the environment because they're libertarians

>that using aborted fetus was wrong
The episodes I saw about this subject didn't really give off this impression, they weren't completely one sided but in the end I would say they were for them.

But do they really believe if you put some aborted fetus next to a Shakey's Pizza it'll make another Shakey's Pizza?

I wonder what we'll call this shit mentality? We have Reductio ad Hitlerum/ad Nazium for when retards just default to calling someone a Nazi/Hitler for saying something they disagree with. What'll we call this "If I don't like your shit, you're like Trump!" years from now?

They don’t think it’s wrong using aborted fetuses for science, they just think it’s funny.

Triggered activists are the funniest people ever.

Obviously not, you need to extract their stem cells first.

FUCK that's a good argument.
How will I ever recover???

How was the cigarette episode wrong? How many stupid ass fucking anti-smoking commercials are out there nowadays? Now tell me many how many cigarette commercials are there? They don't have any power anymore. Fast food places are just as unhealthy, but they're seen as the norm.

I like how critisizing Trump never fails to get butthurt (you)'s

It's just old at this point. It's a stale meme if it's spouted by every news outlet on the planet save two.

I'm not even politically active but it's just about the sheer amount of it everywhere.

I'm pretty sure cigarette companies are required by law to finance those commercials, too.

Do they have any direction input? I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally make them annoying and cringey to make smoking look acceptable. If they don't, the commercials are doubly sad.

>if you disapprove of somebody saying Trump, that means you like Trump
You're not very bright, are you?

>Christopher Reeve is an entitled asshole because he supports stem cell research and doesn't want to be a quadriplegic for the rest of his life

I doubt it. Liberals are just really bad at commercials.

See:
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3pqe24uRA
youtube.com/watch?v=MfrRzW-Yqog

Why is the best South Park episode "The Losing Edge"

wrong about what?

-Kids lip-syncing is gay
-The first world is hypocritical about the rain forest

Explain yourself fag

Pretty sure the joke was "Reeves was the ultimate boyscout, Superman. While Hackman was evil rival, Lex Luthor" and "Let's have them play the opposite roles!"

go take out an ad in the NYT and pussy out

Wrong. It's Good Time With Weapons

That's not ImaginationLand

They could probably explain away Mr Garrison's gender issues by saying he was always an asshole and was never meant to be seen as being in the right, but then you have the episode where Kyle wants to be black and his dad wants to be a dolphin and it's pretty clear what they were really going for there.

t. kymanfag

That you're mentally insane if you want to cut off your balls and implant your body with harmful objects?

And you think they were wrong about that?

Modern Liberalism.

The episode wasn't even about the use of stem cell research. It was a play on the controversy of using babies for stem cells, but the episode was entirely about the Crips and the Bloods.

So

have you ever learned anything about matt and trey from the commentaries?

>>that using aborted fetus was wrong

Pretty sure that was meant to parody how people who are anti stem cells viewed things.

>it's wrong to mutilate the body you were born with because you stupidly think god/genetics "got it wrong"
Stay stupid, my son. Maybe someday you'll become that Green Pepper filled with methane that was grown on Mars.

>times when south park was wrong
>screenshot from rainforest shmainforest
But... the moral of that episode is that the only reason a lot of companies feign this caring about nature etc, act is because it sells, which is true.

No, that was Kenny Dies what was about stem cells. Krazy Kripples was basically "Fuck Christopher Reeves" because Matt and Trey were getting tired of people like him; disabled people who were rendered crippled through incident, and who try to garner attention for themselves by overplaying how bad their lives are compared to be naturally-born disabled folk.

What was the first time you ever disagreed with South Park?
Zimmermen for me.

"Kenny Dies" was about euthanasia, specifically the case of Terry Schiavo.

No, that was the other time Kenny died from disease.

No it wasn't, you're thinking of Best Friends Forever.

I miss Kelly

Isn't "Best Friends Forever" about cult behavior and was notable for featuring Mohammad years before the later controversy?

Nope, Terry Schiavo case.
And the release of the PSP.

How were they wrong about everything in the rainforest being able to fucking kill you? That's objectively correct.

Kelly a cute.

Same is true of Australia, really.

Really? Is there a commentary track or an interview where they confirm this? It didn't really feel like they were particularly spiteful. Snapping baby necks and drinking the stem cells just seems too absurd to me.

They saw an interview on Larry David or whatever with Chris and said "Fuck this guy"

>"uhh I don't know I guess the moral is that us muricans are the best nation ever and also Cartman farts on some people lol"

>Giant insect the size of a human child
>Man-eating flower
>Constricting coral snake in central america

Definitely realistic depiction of tropical rainforest wildlife.

I thought the message was it's okay to recognize patterns in groups of people but in the end individuals are individuals

The sex education episode was just straight-up a bad opinion. I will fight people on this.

because I'm not gonna make a separate /wsg/ thread just for this my.mixtape.moe/dhmgfs.webm

I don't think they really understood what a meme was.

the one where all the men started claiming sex addiction and they wound up pretending it was all a spell from an alien?

Wait, you're not supose to pee in condoms?

normies know fuck all about memes.

Whats wrong about this? People who cry "victim blaming" more often than not are fucking idiots who don't want to recognize actions have consequences.

See

They were using the textbook definition, not the actual internet usage

It's weird to think the creators of South Park was becoming the old out of touch people

No, they understood what a meme was. They were mocking specifically you for thinking it was anything unique or new.

See what?

The one where kindergardeners had sex ed. Tried to argue that parents should teach sex to kids because "you don't know what they're being taught".

They showed memes as just funny things you do in pictures.

oh sorry I wasn't being serious about it
I think what's essential and this kind of butthurt is that people can't understand the difference between the legal aspect/law and the moral (?) part

it's not legal to abduct kids just because they're dressed like hansel and gretel and you're a witch in a dark forest
but you're still an idiot if you get dressed up like hansel and gretel and go walking through the dark woods where witches roam

the law should still try and cover for the retards who don't understand that difference

but I'm preaching to the choir here

You know what else sells?

Wood
Palm oil
Soy

Besides, they don't talk about companies as they clearly mention environmentalists, therefore individuals.

That's really what you got out of it? Christ, why even talk to people who think they need to prove they're smarter than South Park? That was a farcical plot device to give real-world danger to something that was completely and utterly meaningless. But don't worry, I'm sure one day you'll find out where the beef is in your grand meme quest.

Well that's not entire wrong. Modern education is practically garbage these days. Parents rarely bother to teach their kids anything other than how to behave in public and expect the school to give them all the knowledge they need. You then find out they're barely learning about history other than shit relating only to their homeland instead of being cultured on shit from other lands as well.

That was supposed to be a different school, then why is Bradly there?

South Park isn't about right or wrong.
South Park is about people looking dumb trying to prove they are right

The episode was about decadent American environmentalism flag-waving half-thought-out, store-brought, luxury causes on countries for whom the industry in question is the just a small part of a serious and complicated political and civil rights environment. How anyone could interpret it as "individuals vs corporations" is beyond my naive faith in humanity.

That's true, but they depicted the tobacco people as a bit too realistically reasonable and nice, while depicting the anti-smoking people as literally evil scumbags. Compared to most of their reasonably moderate stances, it came off as really one-sided.

The problem was just that the execution of the episode came off as weird.

What was there episode about that?

Tweek X Craig, mostly because
>how it ended
>every episode after where they show up
>the fanbase.
Made playing FBW hard but I learned you can complete the game without their mission being mandatory.

>South Park is about people looking dumb trying to prove they are right
>I can't make sense of things so I try to reduce them to easily-to-swallow-one-liner platitudes
you're doing exactly what you think south park's doing

oh cool another thread like the south park politics one

have any Sup Forumstards showed up yet?

The bandwagoners do sour it a bit, especially when it's clear they don't actually give a shit about most aspects of the show and just complain until they get a Creek episode/moment

When did they do this?

It's the only joke in Colbert's arsenal, his ilk probably rejoiced at Trump's victory because it means they don't have to write an original joke for the next 4 years.

>grand meme
Is that like a grandmaw meme?

Long story short Zimmermen shot a white kid and then was convicted

Dumb pepeposter, I'm not trying to prove I'm right, I'm stating my view of the show