Why doesn't the Government just print more money instead of levying income taxation?

Why doesn't the Government just print more money instead of levying income taxation?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A

obviously a slide/bait thread

FUCKING

jesus christ

I have that same question unironically

To answer that question, you'd need a firm grasp of basic economics.

And you are a fucking leaf so hats probably never going to happen.

I thought a private bank (Fed reserve) printed all the money and "loaned" it to the government.

creating more money creates inflation which causes increased prices which causes economic failure

sacrifice the few to save the many

fiat currency 101

LEAF

then just make more

>just print more money!

Gee, I wonder what could go wrong.

>Why doesn't the Government just print more money instead of levying income taxation?
Ah memories. My cousin once wrote a story that said the same thing almost verbatim. We laughed like hell at her about it. She was ten at the time I think.

>Then just make more
That's what weimar germany did. A postage stamp got to be 5 billion Marks, that's 5,000,000,000.

Inflation makes everyone's wallets and bank accounts worth essentially nothing. It creates poverty, not wealth.

You have a jug full of water.

You pour it evenly between 10 cups.

You have another identical jug of water.

You pour it evenly between 100 cups.

The cups represent a monetary unit ($1 for the sake of argument). The water is their actual value (how much shit will this $1 buy).

Printing more money is increasing the mount of cups you are spreading your jug of water around in. It has not increased the amount of the thing that has value.

This is why you can't just print more money as a means to pay for stuff you can't already afford.

Because we allow the banks to expand the amount of currency via factional reserve banking.

If banks were not allowed to create money by loans then the amount of money the government would need to create goes up by a factor of 10.

That said you would need to reclaim the production of new money back into the hands of the federal government from the private banking cartels.

What's that statistic?

99% of the wealth is owned by 1% of the population. We could spend a few trillion dollars building a group to find "legal" ways to go after those people and make a huge profit.

>just make more
Are you fucking kidding me?

Thank you. That makes sense. I guess you need more water not more cups.

he's trolling fuckstick

What if we literally BURN more money?

Under Obama the treasury has been printing money like crazy with the Quantitative Easement programs 1,2 and 3.

Inflation hurts the middle class most, but proportionally it is fair

a thread died for this

The USA doesn't print its own money, the federal reserve is not connected to the government,

The value of individual bills will go up, but not the total value of all of it.

this isn't bait.

B8 is retarded, but it's a believable type of retarded. Being retarded in a way that sounds like something a leftie/feminist/cuck would say, makes you reply because you can imagine one of them actually saying that.

This is timmy who was touched for a year, and then never looked at by his father again, except for the glimpses of disgust, and now feels the need to scream autistic tantrums at random people just to have that attention he craves.

This isn't bait... it's a fucking retarded episode.

And after understanding how inflation works you discover that the printed money resprent 5% of the monetary mass nowadays.

>Dollar no longer the reserve currency.

Zimbabwe

>feeding the homeless is a worthwhile endeavor

This made me think of something interesting, instead of any kind of taxes why not only print money? 0% tax rate but effective taxing through the money printing. I am sure there is some obvious flaw I am missing.

Ok. Let it be known, that America is not the stupidest country in the world, but it is in fact, Canada.

Why did you crop out the Occupy Democrats logo?

Zimbabwe user, where are you?

Because every dollar you print lowers the value of every other dollar, due to the laws of supply and demand. It's like any other commodity. The rarer it is compared to the demand for it, the more valuable.
When a government prints money, it basically takes away the value of your money.

Nyes. And the water is value. People need to value what they have and produce things they value in order for that to work. Focusing narrowly on 'muh GDP', while tolerating deceptive practices (including all advertising), immigration, and excessive money printing, that cause people to dislike what they have, dislike themselves, and give them no sense of future, is the miracle of modern economics.
If you want the future of economics, imagine a diseased man surrounded in McDonalds toys, being given government benefits, forever.

>Why doesn't the Government just print more money
because we haven't yet hit weimar levels of corruption, yet, yet yet.

>instead of levying income taxation?
>being so bluepilled you don't realize that inflation is a form of taxation

We still create a shit ton of money though, and inflation is still an issue, but I don't see new schools, and roads, and other shit.
Hmmm. I wonder if Hillary bought new pants, y'know the ones with XL pockets because shes packing a fuckton of dough in them.

It will cause inflation.

You need to be 18+ to browse this website.

This
It's because the government DOESN'T print its own money, the (((federal reserve))), a private bank, does.

Here's an informational video on it:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM