Why is there such tribalism with the DC vs Marvel stuff?

Why is there such tribalism with the DC vs Marvel stuff?
It's even dumber than consoles because there's less financial investment in one or the other.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/chart/tvmeter
thisisinsider.com/most-watched-tv-shows-world-parrot-analytics-2017-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gang mentality.

Marvel and DC used to be two very different tribes, and it was like Mets Vs. Yankees. The two slowly kinda of co-mingled and have become two very similar companies over the years.

That said, people still enjoy being part of something that is doing well, and also look for excuses when the thing they are part of goes poorly.

So obviously whenever Marvel/DC does well, some people will love to poke at the other company. The reverse is true, and whenever someone has a complaint about something you are part of it must be the fact that they are just from the other camp and trying to tear down the property you have a personal interest in.

Many companies have built this up into its own ecosystem or social dynamic to protect themselves for free.

There are people that support loot boxes in video games for christ's sake because they think $60 for a game is asking too little of them...

>$60 for a game is asking too little of them
that doesn't make sense

And yet it is true. People become such insane fanboys/girls that the concept of paying for loot boxes in a single player game, or paying for loot boxes in a p2w atmosphere is completely acceptable in a $60 game because they believe that the game design companies don't make enough money.

This is the same kind of argument that a lot of companies like to use for price increases and etc to make up for their substandard comics that don't sell well.

Humans are just incredibly simplistic and easily manipulated.

bump

for you

Sup Forums

you're going to get many replies saying otherwise, but they're all wrong

This is correct.

>corporate thralls who defend lootboxes or any other AAA whoreshit
>"people"
Pick one.

>"B-BUT IT'S JUST COSMETIC!!!"
And thanks to that weak ass argument, this is demonstrably no longer the case.

Criminy, it's come to the point where I've given up on both comics AND video games.

It's literally shilling feeding on gang mentality in the sorts of people who become consolefags.

People who actually read comics want both to be good (though i mean, not TOO good, my wallet can only handle so many ongoings at once)

Re: movies, literally fags who don't read comics choking on Disney & WB shill cock

Because brand loyalty is something that is engineered by corporations for the purposes of making more money. Also because comic book fans are autistic

>Implying people who take part in company wars give two shits about comic books

>there's less financial investment in one or the other.
Says you!

I want Sup Forums to go.

Point fucking proven, you have to go back.

>Implying I don't BUY comic books, unlike 90% of Sup Forums.
Get on my level, faggots.

This is where you post your shelves, you Sup Forumsllection of shitheads.
Or maybe stop acting like you are the gatekeepers to the clubhouse and stfu.

The tribalism comes mostly from Sup Forumsirgins and other movie fags. You can tell because they are always shoehorning Sup Forums memes into this board, as well as Sup Forums memes like kino. There should just be a separate board for Sup Forums movies.

Memes have always moved from board to board, stop pretending otherwise.
Practically no one on Sup Forums keeps to a single board.

My point is that these company war shitposters are not comic fans. They started coming here after Iron Man and The Dark Knight. No comic fan has any reason to bring Sup Forums or Sup Forums memes here.

I only ever visit /an/. This is my first time ever on another board and it was so awful it will be my last.

I'm one of the main provokers of salty DCfriends, and I've been reading since the mid 70's.
I sold enough floppies to buy a buick in the late 90's and have gotten back to collecting HC and trade stuff. People who insist Zack Snyder is doing anything but damage to the DC mythology deserve to be pilloried. Don't like it?
I hardly give a fuck.

Stop your meta-whining and go suck a dick.

>People who insist Zack Snyder is doing anything but damage to the DC mythology

Those are the company war shitposters he's talking about, you idiot

The top thread on /an/ is a "Burn the Coal, Pay the Toll", do you think that meme originated on /an/?
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, sissy.

He's clearly referring to either side of the argument, they are soiling his pure board of "Which cartoon girl would you fuck?""Which Voltron character is gay for the other?" and "Large Breast Edits".

Boo fucking Hoo.

Throughout human history, our entire culture has been influenced by the "us vs. them" mentality. Sports is another obvious one, as are politics and religion.

The reason why this is so prevalent is simple - when we choose something to believe in, we obviously want it to be the right choice. So when some event occurs that could imply that our choice is actually a bad choice, we try to trick ourselves to think otherwise. It's called cognitive bias, and you can find it in every discussion place on the Internet.

reason why the board is a depressing place now right here

Two-thirds of that is trash.

>Not literally all of it

You can criticize Snyder without making a DC vs. Marvel shitpost. If a Snyderfag accuses you of being a "Marveldrone" or whatever, then he's just being a retard.

Yes, a large chunk of it is watched by me and my friends while making fun of it. I'll admit it.
There are maybe two dozen actually really good Superhero movies. What of it?
I see comic collections with X-Men and Batman books in them I wouldn't wipe my ass with.

No one has ever, ever forced you into a movie thread. I can say this with 100% certainty.

thanks Mommy but I don't need you to protect my fee-fees.
No one has ever called me something on Sup Forums that has gotten under my skin. Though they are welcome to imagine how "mad I must be".

And yet I see the mentality of those posters everywhere.

>It's even dumber than consoles because there's less financial investment in one or the other.
Maybe that's the reason why Marvel vs DC posting on Sup Forums isn't nearly as bad as Sup Forums's console war faggotry?

They do bring their movie-fag shitposting into comic threads, though.

Then I suggest you find a gentler message board, more suited to your sensitive skin.
That's certainly not Sup Forums.
Feel free to go somewhere where you will be chaperoned by caring and loving moderators.

wtf I love not being happy now

if you enter "That's it Marlel is Finished" or "monthly sales" threads, I don't know what the fuck to tell you.
Except learn to distinguish a fish hook from a conversation.

What is even the point of provoking "salty DCfriends," then? If it's because of Snyder, why make a company war out of it?

This place literally has a "I'm almost enjoying my Anger" banner.
It wasn't put there ironically.

Listen my man.
JL is going to open in a couple weeks.
It is going to get raped six ways to Sunday around here.
When you are in these threads, trying to apologize for it (and you are clearly exactly that guy), your feelings are going to get badly mangled (again).

Leave Sup Forums or stop being easily rustled, or stop fanboying sub-par movies where there are a lot of fans of the actual comics they are misrepresenting.

Honestly you have to do one of the above.
Neither I nor the majority of Sup Forums are going to give you a break.

>dat lack of self awareness

Damn this is some weapon grade autism right here.

I don't care about these movies anymore, and I never made excuses for them, so I guess I did what you say. But that doesnt answer the question: if Snyder is the problem, why make it a DC vs. Marvel thing?

Good lord Sup Forums truly is mentally ill.

Looks like you're one of the company war shitposters all along

Marvel fans 2010-2014:
>HAHAHA DC BTFO MAN OF MURDER WE RUN DIS SHIT YO PEACE
Marvel fans 2015-2017:
>S-Stop the company wars guys, it's childish...

OP is a faggot and an apologist

Point proven yet again.

>because they believe that the game design companies don't make enough money.
user, nobody thinks that, they just want shit and they can afford said shit, nobody thinks of the companies when spending money on lootboxes or gatcha they just think of what they can get for themselves, it's not that deep.

Listen, I'm going to explain it to you. Look at Marvel for a second. Look at the state of the company. They went under in the 90s for much less than this. They have to give away their comics for free to pretend they are still in the business. Their videogames are embarrassing. Merchadising sells ok I guess. Their tv shows are basically dead in the water, Iron Fist and Defenders flopping so hard Disney had to pull out from Netflix. They have the movies and that's it.

So when you have a guy with mental illness like this fellow , heavily invested in this company war shit, what are you going to do? Pulling no brakes on your shitposting about the movies, what else are they going to do? Go to Sup Forums right now, they have like 12 threads shitting on JL. Why is that? Well these are the ice cold facts: Marvel and DC make the exact amount of money on average with their movies, look it up, it's about 770 millions for both I think, and in everything else Marvel is getting stomped. The company wars is getting more annoying because one of the two big comic companies is dying and the comic industry will die with it. As the autist said, when JL comes out, it'll get ten times worse

I own the other third.

I guess I just don't see the point of owning movies ironically.

>Disney had to pull out from Netflix. They have the movies and that's it.
I agree with everything before this but after this point you sound less reasonable and more like one of the company wars faggots you're raging about to be honest.

He's not raging against Company Wars faggots, he's raging against the Marvel Fanboys who've traumatized him badly.
He's pre-crying about the fact that Justice League is going to get piled on really hard, while the Marvel types just don't care about the feeble swings at Ragnarok.

Everything I said in that post can be fact checked.

>while the Marvel types just don't care about the feeble swings at Ragnarok.
Like having a smaller opening weekend than Suicide Squad? You sure are chill dudes

BANE?

It's well known that Disney is withdrawing its stuff from Netflix to pile everything on it's own streaming service and cut out the middleman.

No one can claim to be "winning" basic cable, CW doesn't even have ratings standards, it's the Adult Swim of prime-time, if you make it they will show it.
The company wars are getting more annoying because it's largely accepted that the DCEU movies have been largely bad, and it hurts your ass.

It's notable that you don't see Marveldrones making these meta threads to cry. Make all the Ragnarok is Bad threads you like, we'll enjoy them with you, if you will dry your damn eyes and stop sniveling for a change.

I have yet to see anyone on the "Marvel Side" give a single fuck about the box office of Ragnarok vs Suicide Squad.
You seem very concerned about it though.
It'll certainly have less Oscars for Hair and Makeup though, there's that.

Can you fact check that one then? Because Marvel going down under in the 90's and their overshipping is a well known fact and with the exception of shithumans their shows have done mediocrely at worst and okay at best, the only one I've never even heard about is the Disney one because it's a well known fact they just want a cut of that streaming pie by opening their own service, so unless you can provide a source you're a screeching overreactionary company war faggot.

It's true, some of the Marvel TV shows have falling as far in the ratings as to get into the CW DC show range.

Wonder Woman had a smaller opening weekend than Suicide Squad.
Skwad made practically half its domestic on that single weekend.

Because Sup Forums and Sup Forums are competing to be the next Sup Forums: Full of company war trash and anything but what their board is for

>No one can claim to be "winning" basic cable
That's convenient, these bad boys tell another story
imdb.com/chart/tvmeter
thisisinsider.com/most-watched-tv-shows-world-parrot-analytics-2017-7

No, I'm looking up and it's true Disney is going to make their own streaming service. I thought it was because of the lukewarm, to say the least, reception Defenders and Iron Fist got. Whatever, take that out if you want. It's still clear that without the MCU Marvel would be shut down by now

I didn't even like BvS but damn these people are so fucked up. It's one thing to criticize one movie but it's another to not hold up the same standards to other movies.

>It's still clear that without the MCU Marvel would be shut down by now
I kind of can't disagree with you there, Marvel was the reason I got into comics in the first place but right now I can't fucking stand to hear any new of them because everything is so fucking off-puttting, I used to be glad that they where selling so low because it could be a wake-up call for them but it's obvious at this point they'll never learn.