Guardians

Is anyone reading with Bendis no longer ruining the franchise?

Who would you add or take away from the current roster?

Preferred creative team?

>that mask
>those outfits
It's ruined. There is no saving it. I haven't read marvel in years now and I don't intend to.

Yeah the Duggan stuff is actually great.

I read it
I think Duggan was the better Remender understudy
I was sold with the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly arc & his Uncanny Avengers

I've been reading it and it's been fun, unlike Bendis' shit run stuff happens, newcomers like Ant-Man gets a reason to be with the Guardians and is not just there, and Duggan knows Marvel Cosmic.

I do have some minor nitpicks.

Duggan's Rocket annoys me, he's like an exagerated version of James Gunn's rocket and he doesn't think of anything that is not stealing and he's a jerk 24/7.

Ewing's Rocket was better and more true to the old Rocket and his whole comic was about a freaking heist.

I also don't like Gamora's or Drax's looks or Star-Lord's fetish beard, Rich going back to his Perez and Loveness armor, but I am not going to be autistic about it.

Overall it's enjoyable.

This. It's literally "Guardians of the Synergy presents Memes of the Galaxy." baka!

7/10

it's okay. want adam warlock back but his new costume looks like shit.

Short hair aside, what's wrong with it? Looks like one of his better costumes to me.

I am, Duggan is doing great work with the title after the trainwreck that was Bendis' run, where else are you going to see Drax the Sax Destroyer?

>Is anyone reading with Bendis no longer ruining the franchise?
Yeah, getting back into because of Duggan.

>Who would you add or take away from the current roster?
Honestly, since no one seems to be doing anything with Justice, throw him up into space as Guardian, because he was technically the first one.

Why the fuck is Ant Man there? I didn't work for Stark, Venom, or Thing, so stop doing this shit. Also I fucking hate Baby Groot

>Who would you add

>with Bendis no longer ruining the franchise?
Tell me one thing that has changed. With the exception of Gamora, they're all in the same retard level characterization from which Quill got the worst part now that he pretty much don't have a brain for anything other than jokes and music. The synergy is as disgusting and in your face as ever. And of course they have to go to Earth every now and then to recruit some Earth guy and fight a villain from other franchise (say what you want about Bendis, but at least he always kept the Guardians fighting cosmic villains, not fucking Loki of all people, I swear if he ends up teaming up with Thanos and/or Chitauri for the synergy, I'm gonna lit the few ones I bought on fire).

>in before now it's good writing
Not really. The only thing that can be considered as an improvement in the writing department is the lack of Bendis speak. The stories as as decompressed as ever and everything that happens simply doesn't feel as epic as it used to be. It still feels quite small.

Duggan has been good. I've enjoyed everything I read from this run

Escaping Spencer's writing.
And tailing into the Pymtron developments Duggan did in Uncanny Avengers.

I'm not sure how they qualify as "guardians" in this arc given all they do is steal stuff.

It's such a huge improvement, it almost makes me wish I was buying it.

The Gardener, Loki, Mojo, and Ultron are all villains at the same time.

But fine, miss out of that.

Duggan is definitely trying his hardest despite mandated SYNERGY and the mess that Bendis left him, but I fear it isn't enough.

Oh yeah, and Kuder's art emphasizes the use of Scale incredibly well, so Ant-man will be up his alley.

Yeah, say what you want about synergy, at least the forced baby Groot story is actually kind of good.

Can't want to see the pay off.

Yeah man, fuck putting earth heroes on the Guardians. Bring back cosmic characters like Jack Flag and Mantis.

>Bendis leaves and there is a new, much better creative team
>the sales actually worsen, despite the second movie also coming out during the change

what did the readers mean by this?

I think Bendis has a loyal deluded following that was only interested in something with his name on it, and the rest of Marvel's audience is fed up with them right now

There's also that 2 other Guardians #1 issues released on the same day as Duggan's #1.
One was a oneshot while the other was a mini.

If a person saw the movie, it's more likely they'll go for the contained floppy than the uncontained one.

Also, ANGotG is biweekly at 3.99 a pop, while DC sells multiple of their books at the same rate for a dollar cheaper. The plain price difference makes it harder to retain reader attention.

It's not blowing my dick off, but Duggan's plots are immediately more interesting and have better payoff than Bendis' shit. I didn't think Kuder would be a good artistic fit for this book at first, but I've been pleasantly surprised by what he's doing.

Overall pretty good. I don't think the DnA glory days are coming back, but I also think it's stupid to think the paramilitary force the Guardians were under them should stay forever. I like this more "cosmic adventure/mystery" feel Duggan's going for.

>If a person saw the movie, it's more likely they'll go for the contained floppy than the uncontained one.
If a person saw the movie, it's more likely they'll buy a trade.

>If a person saw the movie, it's more likely they'll buy a trade.
sadly, if a person saw the movie, it's more likely they won't even buy a comic

Current book might as well be a direct tie-in to the movies. They imitated Groots's not being able to talk, Rocket being a complete asshole, and Quill now listens to 80's music.

I want some of the more powerful members back on so they can handle the bigger stuff that happens in space. The current team is almost street tier which makes them pointless when the major space players come along. And most space villains are near herald level or lead massive armies of mooks.

People like Phyla, Warlock, Moondragon and Vance.

They don't have to be Annihilators level but they at least need to be capable of contending with Novas and Raptors.

>They imitated Groots's not being able to talk,

It's literally been that way since DnA's run. That's where the movies GOT it from. Stop pretending you actually read this shit.

He started the I am Groot thing in 2012 casual

Fuck back off to Sup Forums

Are you actually retarded?

> Make Gamora sexy again. This is of the most vital importance, her current outfit is among the worst most bland I have ever seen in comics.
> Take a break from memes & humor for the most part and do something serious like Annihilation again.
> Hickman writing.

Make Gamora sexy but capable looking.

>Gamora actually has shit to do
>hurr make her so I can jack it

C’mon

There is nothing incapable looking about the image I posted or pic related.
I haven't fapped to a still image in almost 10 years, this is just about her being visually pleasing.

>posts issue from 2013

that's some lazy damn trolling

She just looks out of place, sorry. I get that it's meant to be an homage to sword and space classic sci-fi, but she's put next to more Valerian tier science fantasy stuff, it don't not work mon signieur