Thoughts on this run of detective?

Thoughts on this run of detective?

I like it. I'm not a tynion fan, but this comic hits all the right nostalgia notes for me of late 90s/early 00s Brubaker/Rucka batman. Brings me back to my childhood

It's a good group series, it handles its plot in a consistent way and clayface is a love, it's not better than the king's run but it's very good

King's run has the same problem I had with Snyder's run. None of the stories feel connected. It's just arc after arc for me, even when they are connected. The stories are kind of lifeless and the lack of connection and interconnectivity contributes to that

It's a good team book everyone gets their little spotlight. But you can see who Tynion favors more in Cass, Basil, and Tim. Kate I guess, but he's focused more on the Colony more than her. With random showings of Renee or like last issue with Bette.

But it's clear those are his favorites while Jean Paul, Luke, and Stephanie are just-- there. They ain't horrible, or worse off but they're there.

Azrael just had a spotlight arc or couple of issues I forget what it was but he definitely plays favorites and isn't afraid to show it. I do like that he tries to focus each arc on a different set of characters

I'll give Tynion that he definitely comes off as a hardcore fan of these characters. That's something I don't feel like you see as much in cape writers these days.

Nah, It is easy to see the connections between these and I do not see them forced, The psycho pirate was an element that made quite a lot of sense and the relationship of batman and catwoman in 2 numbers achieved more development than all post-hush batman comics.
I do not feel it without life, Bruce finally has guilt, weakness, fatigue and finally realizes that night after night is always the same and wants happiness, basically selina and that when he saw the Gotham brothers, he saw that maybe he could rest

Yeah, but it kind felt like Zatanna kind of stole his arc from him though.

I need Zatanna in this book as a permanent member

Maybe we're seeing it in two different lights. I just don't get excited when I read that comic. It doesn't have energy for me. The best issues have been the ones that are standalones/two-parters/interludes. Those have the most resonance. If the book was just a series of one-shots and two-parters it'd be great

Your summation is more entertaining the the actual thing. King is a step up from Snyder, but his bar was already drowning and one step doesn't take you very far

But it's clear those are his favorites while Jean Paul, Luke, and Stephanie are just-- there. They ain't horrible, or worse off but they're there.

I don't know Stephanie seems pretty fucking bad.
>"Fuck you Batman capes do nothing but cause death and misery in Gotham! It's ok though when I do it.

Tynion have a lot of character to work with and i think he is doing fine
Also he restored Tim's status as former Robin and Bette as Flamebird

Honestly when he gives a whole issue to Clayface or Steph i get fucking mad.
Even the annnual will be about Basil

Guys i just read the issue where Batman meets his father (#22), what was the point of it? Why was he sent in that alternative timeline just to meet him?

I don't mind Basil at all because the friendship he has with Cass is very intriguing one.

His comic library (mostly cape stuff) is nuts

It was part of the Doomsday Clock build-up

Ok but the quantity ruins it

I know but this page seems to imply that there was a specific reason why it wanted batman to meet his father.

I'd say that still a mystery or maybe a hint at Oz being Clark's father

it's because in the previous issue (last part of I am bane) he has this talk with his mom while fighting bane.

King's run so far has been about asking batman if he is happy or not, while the button wasn't written by king for the most part, it still has that kind of feel

I didn't ask for these mother/daughter feels!!!

Sup Forums hates it

It's my favorite Bat-book that is coming out currently.

I'm assuming Shiva will get Lazarus'd at some point, so there'll probably be more of that. Also I fully expect Cass to go after Ra's for executing her mom.

Why can't King just stop being a pretentious cunt? I'm probably 14 issues behind at this point solely because of his fucking dialogue. Every single page is just BAT CAT, or "break your damn back" ,or "the monster men are coming", just this cryptic garbage that makes every issue a pain in the ass to get through.

I actually like clayface way more as a hero than a villain. Looking back I feel like he's always been kind of one-note, either showing up just as muscle or going full I NEED THE CURE BATMAN.

Ra's even hinted at it a few pages after shooting/killing her. I just want a Cass/Shiva team up. We've never had that. EVER. Cass vs. Shiva been done to death. Have mother/daughter team up against a bunch of ninjas? SIGN ME UP!

Much better when Barrows was/is on art. It's otherwise mediocre -- perhaps a 6/10, which places it above other Rebirth titles, but otherwise nothing to give a crap about.

>14 issues behind at this point
>Every single page is just BAT CAT
I have some bad news, user ...

Why do you think I'm so far behind? Every time a new issue comes out I'm like "god, I don't want to read THIS" so I don't even start trying to catch up. The only reason I'm still buying it is because I have every other issue, I want a complete run for some reason.

I agree about Luke, it seems like he decided the team needed a new tech guy until Tim came back.

Steph has gotten way too much spotlight for how bad she's been. I get what Tynion is going for, but I always wish she would just go away.

I'm in the exact same boat, ive got a couple issues waiting at the LCS but when i get down there in the next couple days im dropping Batman from my pulls.... I heard some bullshit about king doing a 17 part story?!

its not interesting to me anymore and i still haven't read war of jokes and riddles but given the reaction people had I'm probably not going to enjoy it either.

Boring as hell. All Tynion does is rehash old plotlines. King literally cannot write Batman for shit, but at least his stuff feels new and interesting.

I love it! I'm also a Tynion and a Steph fan. The one thing I think isn't working as well as it could is the Steph storyline - and I don't say that just because I love Steph the most, but because the reaction of most people, even Steph fans, to her current storyline is annoyance or anger. That's not how to build a fandom, but everything else, especially the art, has been top notch.

I hate the fuck out of it. Tynion has no grasp of storytelling basics or any of the characters involved. He must be great at sucking dick to have his job.

It fluctuates in quality.

I enjoyed most the arcs, outside of League of Shadows and the parts involving Stephanie Brown. It's clear Tynion cares about the team's characters.

He faced an internal confrontation and reconciliation with his motivations in helping others, then a literal one through his interaction with Flashpoint Thomas.

Bruce admits in the epilogue of I Am Bane that even with those reconciliations with knowledge that he doesn't need to/shouldn't need to be Batman to appease his parents' wishes, he knows that it won't stop him from doing it.

As for Jon Osterman's reasoning, I admit to waiting for Doomsday Clock to really determine the Why of his interactions with the DCU. From his perspective, all of time is simultaneous so he could very well be acting as a nudge because he's predestined to.

They're getting meta on us because The Comedian and Thomas Wayne were both plates by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Just wait'll the DC/Supernatural crossover where Bruce discovers he was Sam and Dean's brother lost at childbirth in their world.

I wish Batman had a fun writer for the first time in decades, maybe make some mysteries for him to solve or something

>I'm assuming Shiva will get Lazarus'd at some point

I don't think she died

I agree. I'm not a long time fan of the DCU (i only started reading it weekly with Rebirth) but i think she is the weakest part of the book currently
Also i heard she was supposed to be a more humor-based character, but it looks like a drama queen to me.

I think the user was asking why and how he reached Thomas when he wasn't supposed to and not what that meeting have bringed to Bruce's feeling

who is the cutie?

Gotham Girl, King's OC

...is it wrong that i want to see her penetrated by a thousand angry monkey cocks?

At first it sucked but now is cool, some issues like the ones with spoiler are fucking garbage.

A lot of rebirth series are that way.

I do like New Azrael and the iteration of The Order of St. Dumas.