Character's Better than their "Canon" Versions

Post any character's that are better than their "Canon" versions, i.e., better than what is in the current comics be it 616 or Prime Earth. I'll start.

I've read Static's original run and I still like him better in his cartoon .

>I AM Krypton.

A normal turd is better than diarrhea.

Yes

No.

Superhombre

Technically speaking, Harley was born out of the DCAU, so that makes DCAU Harley canon while the comics version is an "alternate of an of an original," I think.

I liked Squirrel Girl before she got her solo series.

Has an evil mirror-verse beard and black trench coat but still has a heart and willing to change his ideals. Shame the expanded version of this universe was cancelled.

Cyborg from the old Teen Titans cartoon.

Old Monster High.

I don't know why they didn't just keep Brainiac as an A.I. It fits his character and goals perfectly.

He actually "beat" superman and helped bring humanity to greatness.

I'm glad that nostalgic Hawkgirl toonfag got her pitch blocked by her teacher, Snyder.

This.

Wait is current monster high a reboot?

You must be talking designwise because both are better in their comics.

Yes. Now Frankie and Draculaura are the founders of Monster High.

>Cyborg comic
>Still no Jinx
RREEEEEEEEEEE

He was better in the New Teen Titans

easy victory.

I actually don't like cartoon hawkgirl, I mean I'd like her fine if they didn't introduce Carter and make him get cucked in every reincarnation.

Go fuck yourself forever.

Same.

He's better than current teen cyclops

Its amazing how many cartoon versions of comic characters are better than the originals. Why is that?

Is it just because of the different control structures of comicbook publishing vs cartoon production? Presumably there is a single show-runner for the cartoon who keeps more of a singular, focused vision, while comics are by-nature having multiple authors with multiple different visions of the characters, and often weak/ineffectual editorial staff keeping things at least somewhat on-track?

Followup question, is that the fundamental problem with comics today? Editors are now rubber stamps, do we need to go back to the ways of Jim Shooter?

Seconding this. I was actually really excited by the idea of her having her own series, but the books are so very, very horrible.

There is no single fundamental problem. Everything is fucked.
One major problem is that they're keeping old series on life support for too long, alienating potential new readers.

>Editors are now rubber stamps, do we need to go back to the ways of Jim Shooter?

Considering that under his reign Marvel was at its best when it was a sinking ship earlier and got clusterfycky soon after? Of course. Shooter was right.

Nope, she needa more screen time. And sex.

DCAU Question
DCAU QUESTION!

I do not pretend to have 1/100th the knowledge of other anons when it comes to this area, but my guess would be that the perception of animated versions being better is because there's usually less versions of any character that have been animated and the stories tend to be more self-contained or finite than in the comics. Even if an animated show goes on for four or five seasons, that's still a fraction of the time a comic book has to keep its audience engaged with a long running character, which makes finding the balance between consistency and behavior and realistic character development way harder to find. When they nail an animated version (like the Hamill Joker or the X-Men TAS Apocalypse) it stands out more in the medium.

DCAU Question is without a doubt one of the most endearing characters ever written

Every animated Carol. Even the X-Men one.

How I hate helena's current look

Funny, the open belly swimsuit was a fairly disliked costume change.