Spider-Man Thread

Lets try and remember the good old days and talk about the things we like about Spider-Man. His stories, his villains, costumes, where we wish his character was at, writers, or we can just sit around and talk about everything we hate about the web head these days. If its Spidey related, bring it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tR6ihyqWTGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Were Spider-Man comics ever actually good or is it just good idea, poor execution?

(you)

Late 80's was when I got into comics, so all those issues hold a closer place in my heart. It's funny seeing people wanting young Spidey in the movies. I grew up with him married and in college.

I guess most "young Spidey" fans grew up on the cartoons. Was he a teen in those?

In TAS he was in his 20's
His was a high schooler in Spectacular,USM, and the current cartoon

Not in the 90s one. He is a teen in Spectacular, Ultimate and the current one.

And, btw my favourite eras are Ditko, Conway-Andru and the whole 80s (Stern,Mantlo,DeFalco,Milgrom, Peter David, Christopher Priest and JM DeMatteis)

Also JMS and Mark Millar.

God I fucking love this intro.
youtube.com/watch?v=tR6ihyqWTGo

Something that I really miss is Eddie saying “Parker”

Venom is not the same if he doesnt know who Spider-Man is.
The same goes for Norman

I've always thought it was odd that Venom was pretty much that last great comic book villian that was created. At least in Marvel and DC (haven't read Image in decades.) It goes to show how hard it is to create a worthwhile foe.

Also, Spider-Man has the best rogue's gallery.

>Venom is not the same if he doesn't know who Spider-Man is
Buddy, the symbiote bonded to Peter first. It knows everything about Peter.

I loved this show. We'll never get a third season with
>Scorpion
>Carnage
>Norman killing Gwen
>The Spot
>Prowler

Is this any good?

I think he was a college student in the MTV show (since it's supposed to take place after the first film). He's a teen in Spectacular Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, and the new show.

Below mediocre

Speculator > TAS > unlimited > 3D one > Ulitmate.

What about the newest one?

Higher than 3d one and ultimate.

I started during the Clone Saga, while the tv show was airing on saturday mornings. I used to sit through a terrible kids morning show that split the episode up and randomly hid it in the show so each week I could end up sitting through a commercial break or a half hour before they showed the second part of the episode. But fuck I loved that cartoon.

I remember absolutely loving the ultimate run because it stripped everything back to the continuity light type of stuff I loved about the early days of spidey. That 60s feel of having the F4 just up the road and hardly any supers knocking about. That 4 color world just seemed so much more appealing than the photorealistic poseur traced new york we see in modern marvel comics.

I miss Pete and Johnny being bros and spidey being light hearted and fun. I loved Marvel Adventures Spidey too. I think Pete can work as a teen or as a teacher so long as he's having fun and developing relationships and never giving up.

What could they do to fix MCU Spider-Man?

please user dont remind me its to soon,
i think ill go watch it all over again

>Spider-Man animated show
>it has god tier intro music

Truly best boy.

Separate him from the MCU, which I think is the plan already, at least for the standalone films. The first film had to be integrated with the universe to let people know this version is part of the franchise, but they should now have the freedom to have him be more independent. I believe this is the plan since they somehow miraculously managed to make the first film not bad, without using any of the major Spider-Man hallmarks, like *web swinging in fucking Manhattan*, which can now be used in the sequels.

I mean I would say a good Venom parallel for DC would be Bane...he's basically become a classic Batman villain by now, and he's around the same age as Venom

Also, Doomsday

That being said, on the topic of Venom, I am enjoying the current Venom comic post Lee...I think it's great that they have basically gone back to the Lethal Protector days since that was ended so abruptly and for nothing, for Gargan to take over and do absolutely nothing