Who is to blame?

Who is to blame?

I would answer to you but I'm not on Sup Forums ...

The animators who are no longer doing this for the love of their work, but for the sake of time and money.

viewers like you
thank you

americans for not moving on

Matt Groening for years and years of bitching about fluid animation because he's not an animator by training and has never understood how it works.

Can somebody please put a hit on him?

The problem with Al Jean is that he's desperate to keep the show going because he knows he'll never find work again if it ends. He tried doing stuff outside of the Simpsons in the 90s, but it was pretty embarrassingly bad.

They used to change showrunners every other season, why did that stop after he came back in Season 13?

>He tried doing stuff outside of the Simpsons in the 90s, but it was pretty embarrassingly bad.
w r o n g

korean animation outsourcing

We all know that Zombie Simpsons was revenge against Matt for The Star is Burns episode.

It was mostly office politics. Sam Simon left the show in Season 4 under acrimonious circumstances, so the writers wanted to dilute Simon's power and prevent him from taking over the show. Changing showrunners every two seasons was a measure to this end. Problem was by Season 13, there was no need to do it anymore once it had become clear that Simon was not going back into producing TV.

The other thing was that the process of producing the show used to be very very grueling and wore out writers and showrunners in a hurry, so after two seasons they'd had enough. By Season 13, the show had gotten a lot more streamlined and less demanding on the writing staff.

Maybe not bad but not successfull.

profits then.

There was a live action show on Fox he also did with Mike Reiss that bombed.

to be fair it suffered from shitty situations on both abc and fox, maybe it could have been more successful if it didn't get cancelled so early.

What was her name?

Why is Harry Shearer the only person with the balls to admit the show sucks now?

The Good Doctor?

I was gonna say it's because he's the only one not to win an emmy but he finally did in 2014
Maybe he's just bitter because it took that long and he knows he's pretty much holding up a huge part of the show with all his characters.

Also, because Groening prefers this more consistent looking style.

But he's said the show sucks since 1993.

I've heard stories from people who've animated that working on the Simpsons is incredibly boring and frustrating because they're not allowed to do anything fun.

Fox were big dicks and did not officially cancel The Critic to keep other networks from picking it up. Supposedly there was another network who wanted to make the next season but could not get the rights thanks to Fox.

The HD animation is so fucking bad. I hate it.

>black hands
i had not noticed that

If memory serves, the big wigs literally told the animators to fuck themselves and make it simpler. The animators hated the final product too.

But that could be bullshit for all I know. Someone quoted a story here at one point, but I didn't bother to verify it myself.

Matt Groening who wanted the animators to "cut out that cartoony shit"

Doesn't matter

got em

Nothing matters.

who's that pokemon?

Why?

is he retarded?

No. It's just what the poster said. Groening just doesn't get how animation works. It probably comes from him being a comic strip artist and learning how to draw static panels instead of moving, fluid characters.

in other words, he doesn't know to draw.

And he's freely admitted he's not much of an artist. I mean, he's never pretended to be something he's not (as opposed to, say, John K).

THE GOOD DOCTOR HAS TO PAY

Sneed.

In the top one Marge's head turn take about 20 frames of animation

The bottom one was about 20 frames in it's entirety, 15 if you don't count the repeated ones for the fist shake

The guy who animated this scene posted online about it. He said they forced him to make it stiff and limited as fuck.

For what purpose? Even real life looks less stiff so if they were going for a realistic approach they failed.

I thought he said that the head-turning transition was animated, but it was cut to make time for the scene of Maggie waving her fist. Hence why Marge's head just seems to suddenly snap in the other direction.

Sideshow Bob?

>For what purpose?
It's Zombie Simpsons. The fuck did you expect?

this makes my blood boil

Your mom for not swallowing

I don't blame them. Matt's a prude and needs to take some steps back and realize that sometimes exaggeration is kind of needed.

Then again, Fox will probably object to any fancy animation, and it's effectively just polishing a turd at this point given how shit the writing is.

based criticposter speaks the truth

LUCIO COMING AT YOU

It was done to focus more attention to Maggir and her rival. The hair was too distracting.

The smile like this is somehow clever ignites my autism.

yes. we know, user.

fuck me, that's pretty clever

I liked the Klasky Csupo animation in the first 3 seasons

good for you, user!

Thanks, I feel validated

Took me a while to notice they made the head turn lazy as shit.

Wait he hates fluid animation? How is that even possible?

Who is to blame?

The critic wasn't good man, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good, it has aged like milk too

He say that when the show was at his peak so nobody believe him now

I can kind of understand that but at the same time it's still dumb.

Two kinds of people

formerly shame

After years and years, the Simpsons finally stopped airing at lunch time in my country. It's kind of amazing, because I imagined I'd feel something, but no. It just stopped showing up and I did not care.