Daily reminder that companies CAN quit easily pay their workers 15 an hour...

Daily reminder that companies CAN quit easily pay their workers 15 an hour, they just don't want to subtract from their historically huge profits .

This country is as rich as it has ever been, and back in the day companies had no problem paying living wages . But naturally, companies seek to increase their profits at the expense of their workers . Citizens united has allowed companies to buy politicians to keep wages low .

Reminder that when you're arguing against a 15 dollar min wage , you are literally spewing propaganda by companies that want to naturally Pay as little as possible . The sad thing is, you're spreading their propaganda for free .

fuck that whore ill eat all the taquitos i was

>that shitty fanfic 12 year old girl fanfic writing style
I kek'd, why are women such shitty writers?

>rich as its ever been
>13 trillion in debt
Pick one

Have u ever looked at company filings and done the math? Their all public man. Ur dumb and wrong.

>Daily reminder that companies CAN quit easily pay their workers 15 an hour, they just don't want to subtract from their historically huge profits .
Most companies with huge profits don't pay the minimum wage. The minimum wage does not adversely effect the rich. It does not fight inequality. Minimum wage jobs are mostly at small businesses and nonprofits. Google does not give a shit about the minimum wage. Nor does Monsanto or any other huge conglomerate. It does not affect their businesses.

Who does it affect? Someone who has a lawn care business. Someone who owns a taco truck. Those are the people hurt by the minimum wage. Someone who makes ten million dollars a year as a Vice President at Kellogg does not give a shit about the minimum wage and hiking up the $15 won't affect him at all. Someone who makes 60 thousand a year off of a hamburger stand is hugely affected by a minimum wage hike. You local food bank which mostly employs people at minimum wage is hugely effected.

Before you lecture people about the economy you should learn about businesses first. Most fast food restaurants are franchises. They are owned by someone who mortgaged their house. McDonalds itself does not give a shit and isn't affected. The corporate behemoth McDonalds gets a cut of thousands of small businesses. You are hurting the middle class not the rich.

If the survival of your business depends on your employees receiving poverty wages than you have a shit business

companies should be able to pay as much or as little as they want. fuck off.
go find a job somewhere else cause i'd work for 7 dollars an hour tax free given the right circumstances. i have anyway.

the only propaganda being spread is the idea that employers should be *required* to do anything besides provide a product or service to someone.

"Feminism is a cancer" He typed, never having smoked or vaped anything in his life, while drinking ice water with a dash of lemon, "it's killing us men." The rice cooker dinged, his quinoa was ready to be served with his ethically harvested salmon and steamed vegetables.

.... Sorry to all the dumb femitard bitches out there, but I live in California, and I am a massive faggot, and guess what-----

FEMINISM IS STILL A CANCER.

:) That is all.

No they can't. Businesses shut down all the time. McDonalds is doing shit in this area, lots of them close down. Even worse with small businesses. Look at any companies filings, employee costs are the bulk of it. More than doubling that for most employees would ruin most small businesses and places that use many low cost workers.

>This country is as rich as it has ever been
Is that why we're in so much fucking debt

>What is inflation
>I dont understand economics
>REEEEEE

what the fuck is a " taquitos " ?

preddy much this, not even startups give a shit about minimum wage

kek.

There isn't enough money you mongoloid. It's not a conspiracy.

She is 110% correct if she means equal rights for women, and not SJW feminazism.

I hate going out and seeing what fellow men do to themselves... Oh well, it only makes me stand out more. Thanks..?

It's like a mexican hot pocket

Are you suggesting that the national debt has anything to do with the average corporations profits? Is that really what you just did there?

Multinational Coroporations and Big Businesses love minimum wage laws, since they can afford them and any potential competition in the form of small businesses can't.

mostly why we are all so pissed off...regardless of who wins on tuesday unless more money gets in the hands of the paycheck to paycheck household another revolt is on the horizon

>man has to eat garbage food because he has no woman to cook for him due to feminism
>dude men lmao

That's bullshit, plain and simple. An example:

If KFC paid nothing to its corporate, it could pay its workers 50 cents more for 2 weeks.

Fuck off with your propaganda.

If youre to big a fucking loser that cant obtain the skills to make 15 an hr youve failed at life and should rethink your priorities.
Way to shoot high OP.
Go appologize to your parents for failing them right now

So, pretty much all fast food, lawn care, and many construction businesses, none of which usually have very rich people. Nice. Your position is literally "fuck the middle class entrepreneurs" and "millionaires are cool I am glad they have so much money".

We did it for Trump and we will do it for this too, learn some skills and maybe you wouldn't have to make min wage you pleb

You do realize this isnt the 1800s and they can fuck off to china right?

>i want to destroy the job market and the cost of living

ok we get it you're a communist

pay would be higher if we didnt ad 50M low skilled immigrants

will gayfags be the saviors of the west?

You cucks seem to forget that every single 1st world country apart from the US pays their works enough to not be destitute in poverty . It can and is being done .

She has a point, I think.

>every single 1st world country apart from the US pays their works enough to not be destitute in poverty
>implying said people are working fucking fastfood

Wew. Lad.

Used to work in fast food (taco bell) as a manager .

Used to see sales and profit reports .

We had 20-25 employees any time . 30 percent of profit was paid to employees. Not sales revenue , but profit . All the costs of the food, mantinence , rent and electricity, all of the costs you can think of had been deducted .

60 percent of the profit was split between the area coach and owner . The owner presumably got most of it.

They can afford it, they just don't want to hurt their massive profits.

Pure greed .

The owner is taking home 20k a month while his 25 employees live in poverty

>so you're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to make massive profit by subjecting people to poverty ?

You're logic is what slave owners used.
>if you free the slaves, good middle class white man are going to go out of business because they can't get free labor anymore

Like I said, if your business depends for its existence on exploiting workers by paying them poverty wages , then you have a shit business that needs to fail

then become an owner and reap the benefits you retard

>liberal logic
>we want free healthcare!
ok, businesses have to provide healthcare over 27 hours.
>cut all employee hours under 27 hours
>employees now have to work 2 jobs to make up for the loss of hours
>look! private job sector is booming!
>unemployment remains stagnant
>we want $15 an hour!
>business cut hours even more
>employees now have to work 3-4 jobs
>WOW! the private sector is BOOMING!

its closer to 20 trillion since king nigger obama

Here's a fun one for you. I work in a liquor store in a control state, so I am technically a government employee. They let us all have access to their revenue reports but assume anyone who isn't a manager is too retarded to find it.

Here's what I found:

33% of the liquor sales was pure profit. This is after paying employees, overhead, and paying sales tax (side note, a state GOVERNMENT agency has to pay state sales tax, apparently).

We have a neat little pie chart on all our counters to let people know where the booze money is going.

38.6% goes to a 'general fund'

Gee, I wonder where that money goes.

>inb4 tinfoil hat

Plus the massive benefits they get, I remember an asst manager telling me how he tricked tacobell into buying him a house.

Oh, and this is a red state, but I get ironically paid 10.10 an hour.

>13 trillion in debt
if only....

it's closer to 20 trillion now.

Feminism isn't killing us. It's just making us despise women because they're accusing us of shit we never did. But since I'm being labeled as an oppressive misogynistic asshole who targets women already, I might as well get the enjoyment of fitting that particular bill.

>everyone can just become an honor
>just stop being poor

You're fucking retarded . Guarantee you're NEET or a college kid living off mommy.

Not everyone can be rich . Millions of Americans live in poverty who work 40+ hours a week . We aren't asking for much , just enough to be able to afford the basics .

Oh by the way, if wages had kept pace with worker productivity , the min wage would be 22 an hour :).

Millions of Americans work 40+ hours a week and live in poverty . This is not because they deserve it, it's because greed.

>what is GDP percentages
>what do you mean national debt works nothing like the kind of debt I know

but small companies, which employ a much larger percentage of the US population, can't you fucking marxist cunt

take out a loan and go buy a franchise location

its called taking a risk faggot, its why they deserve to earn more than you. they're taking out huge amounts of money in loans. they're putting their capital and credit on the line.

small businesses can't though, do you want corporate monopolies? cause that's what you're going to get

Those people are pretty well off in Australia desu

It's not that easy . I can tell easily that you were raised in a cozy middle class upbringing with lots of privileged .

Here's the thing , getting a loan to buy a business is not as easy as you think.

Tell me what do you do for a living ? How much do your parents earn ?

Guarantee you came from privilege . You know nothing of hard work

It's weird eh?

>privilege

go back to tumblr

20K a month isn't even the 1%. That still seems very high for fast food. Most fast food restaurants return less than 100K a year to their owners. When you consider all the risk and work they do, that isn't that high of a return.

Those aren't massive profits. You are delusional. You are pissed off at people who barely qualify for the upper class. Meanwhile you look up to people who make millions upon millions a year. The minimum wage is the worst way to fight poverty. It hurts mostly the middle and upper middle class. Big business does not pay hardly anything. The super rich do not pay hardly anything. You are literally taking your rage out on people who make 240K a year. It is irrational.

replace mt. dew with red diamond tea

and replace taquitos with delicious foccaia

and replace vaping with synthwave

and this dumb bitch has got it

The country in general is getting richer.
The wealth inequality is getting worse thought.
Those who lend money become richer and richer and the rest (including the govt) poorer.

For instance, we could increase the Earned Income Tax credit instead.
>no one loses their job
>it does not unduly target the middle and upper middle class
>the rich pay the most taxes, so the money come from them mostly
But, no. You don't argue for things that make sense. You irrationally hold onto the minimum wage because you listen to liberals who are corporate whores. This thread should have already taught you that big business and the rich don't give a shit about the minimum wage. Hell, it helps some big businesses.

20 thousand a month is actually a lot for literally doing nothing .

The owner doesn't do any work at all. Never even visited the store once in the years I worked there.

They simply just own the store and collect money brought in by people doing actually work .

99 percent of the time they didn't even create the business . They didn't come up with some knew idea. Their skill was having money to buy something that generates money itself .

"the patriarchy is cancer" she typed, vaping while chugging her coke zero "it's killing us womyn." The timer dinged, she could finally take the tinfoil out of her hair. Red. Like her womynhood.

>coportate whore

That's a new piece of propaganda .

But in reality, the largest corporation in the entire US is walmart, which is very opposed to the mon wage .

Try again

>The only businesses that exist are multi-billion dollar international corporations

Spoken like a true highschooler

They are taking risk. That's why they get paid more. What the fuck is with your typing style? You seem like a retard. Get the fuck off this board.

I bet she sat back in her Amish built sofa, slurping her diet Shasta orange, in her over priced LA studio apartment with her iphone 7 in hand, content with the knowledge all the ladies at the book club are going to love this post when I say it out loud while we talk about how our daughters are just little kindled fires of feminine progressiveness.

>then become an owner and reap the benefits you retard
Not how it works, you don't fix a systematic problem with
>dude just become rich urself
>The owner is taking home 20k a month while his 25 employees live in poverty
20k/month isn't really a problem and is close to the healthy levels of inequality that encourage competition,risk taking, etc, etc. Those aren't really "the elite" and you can argue that they deserve it for the risks they took.
The problem is banks and other such financial institutions who will never fail/get punished no matter how bad they fuck up because they control money issue.

That's because it still affects them short term. They can simply absorb the loss, but they don't want to have to do that unless they have to.

>Denmark.
>No minimum wage laws.
>Average wage for those making the least is around 20$.
>Try again.

So because they are taking risk, people who work full time deserve to live in poverty ?

I don't understand your logic

Raise the minimum wage to $15 and you'll never order tendies from a human being again

>>>/reddit/

Implying fast food joints are currently staffed by humans

Well that's good for Denmark . Denmark is not nearly as greedy as the US.

Denmark pays their workers liveable wages without a min wage .

The US does not. The US has a very low min wage and still doesn't pay living wages . That's why we need a min wage and why we Need it to be higher

And ?

Poverty jobs shouldn't exist. At all. Once the people are unemployed then we will have to face the consequences and work to find them jobs.

Daily reminder that if you pay for labor more than it was originally worth, you're effectively just reducing the value of currency since the products now cost more units of currency to produce but the demand and supply remain the same. All forms of leftism stem from economic illiteracy.

If you think our GDP went up by 30% over the past four years, which is iirc the last time the debt was 13 trillion, you're retarded.

That's Japanese bubble tier growth.

Shes probably some dumb whore but that was funny

Just remember , the average poster here arguing against a living wage is approximately 18 years old, likely living off their parents at home and have never had an actual job or had to support themselves .

>I was born into the cushy white upper middle class and have an easy life , so why can't everyone else just get rich parents like me ?

So you're saying that every company must fire everyone who generates less than 15$/hour profits for the cimpanies?

Thats racist.

Seriously though why does minimum wage even exist?
Why do people like you with value so low you have to make McDonalds pay you feel entitled to eat and exist?
Why do you think you have to live?
If you're paid a minimum wage it means you're worth even less than that.

No they dont. We even have tiered salary up till the age of 23, and living on minimum wage in the Netherlands would be impossible without huge amounts of government assistance.

On minimum wage here, you get gov assistance with rent, healthcare, and a number of other essentials. And you dont pay tax. Just on your wages you could not survive.

At 15 dollars an hour they are guaranteed to take your job to another country if they need to. The only ones they won't do it with are customer service because they still want to sell stuff here. Even if they don't take it to another country they could automate as many jobs as possible. They want fat profit margins so people buy their stocks.

And a $15 minimum wage is going to help the unfortunates find work?

>MUH SLAVES

You realize less than 2% of Southern whites owned slaves right? Slave owners were the fucking aristocracy of their time. They were the industrialist billionaire equivalent in the early 1800's.

>source: my ass

Roastie, take your retarded opinions back to Plebit and Tumblr.

And you don't get those benefits here which is why workers want more money .

Do you guys seriously think people who work full time should be living in poverty going hungry ?

Jesus you guys must really love China and India. Go move there where slave factories are common

You have good taste and I want to be your friend.

>Daily reminder that companies CAN quit easily pay their workers 15 an hour, they just don't want to subtract from their historically huge profits .

No they can't, take an economics course you fucking faggot.

I make $14 an hour at my work and even I don't feel like I deserve to earn that much. It's a shame they only let me work 28 hours each week.

"Feminism is good" she said while struggling to fit in her size 50 pants. "It's empowering us women" she thought while being 40 and childless while living alone with 10 cats. Then the door bell rang and it was the delivery boy with her extra large pizza and 2 liter bottle of diet coke.

>companies
Not too many of those around without Trump.

In fact, the Neocon policies will continue till the same "growth" of warehouse workers at Amazon and race to the bottom service sector, all temp or part time, makes the 15 per hour purposeless.

>Reminder that when you're arguing against a 15 dollar min wage , you are literally spewing propaganda by companies that want to naturally Pay as little as possible

SUPPLY AND DEMAND CURVE

INCREASED WAGES AT THE BOTTOM JUST MEAN LESS JOBS AVAILABLE

INCREASED WAGES MEAN INCREASED UNEMPLOYMENT

herrr derrr

economics 101

Also standard of living dropped when they were freed, because its cheaper to pay a nigger or potato a nickel a day and grind him to the bone, replacing as needed than to maintain a person full time to keep them there.

The percentage of whites who owned slaves is totally irrelevant in this case . I'm illustrating the same logic that min wage haters use that slave owners used.

>but if we can't pay poverty wages we lose money
It's similar to
>but if we can't have slaves (free labor) we lose money

Obviously the latter is to a more extreme degree, but you see the same logic .

The percentages of whites who owned slaves is completely irrelevant dumbass

>full time
You do not work full time on minimum wage, unless you literally have zero skills or experience in anything.

For fuck's sake, you can work as a teller at a bank at the age of 18 for $12/hr. The managers at McDonald's make roughly $40k a year. I have a friend who dropped out of high school, went to work at a fucking Chili's and makes $38k a year as an assistant manager, only doing around 30 hours a week.

Kill yourself, you underaged faggot. You're attacking regular people instead of the fucking corporations you fucking losers pretended to hate before Obama. Fucking KEKS.

>tfw work medical and still don't make a living wage literally saving lives
I can't even afford a shitty apt because they want me to make 3x the cost of the rent "just in case".

>Do you guys seriously think people who work full time should be living in poverty going hungry ?
They arent going hungry faggot. Not with 30% obesity and 66% overweight amongst you yankees.

Most of the time, poor people have terrible spending habits. Its more that than poor wages. Eating fast food for every meal and things like that.

This.

If I had a company it would be much better PR to pay higher, and go short on hours. I could can someone's "high" paying job and another dolt would step right up.

Liberal economics is so evil its perfect.

I own a company. No I cannot. Youre fucking retarded and have never run a company. Until you do, shut your commie trap you faggot.

The average poster here arguing for a "living minimum wage" is an economically illiterate Walmart worker who thinks he's entitled to more money than he's worth.

This.

I run a little startup bisuness with a few friends. It's a good way to make money on the side, but it's not enough to make a living on.

We have been trying for ages to get enough money inflow to justify hiring an intern, and we are getting close to it. If that gets bumped to 15 dollars an hour, there's no way.

If you do the math for something huge like McDonalds, and take 100 percent of the CEO pay and divide it up to all of the employees evenly, it works out to something like an extra half a cent a paycheck. People always give hate to CEOs of big companies for greedily holding coin from the little guys, but the money just isnt there. Big bisuness just won't hire as many people or open as many locations to keep profits up and keep everyone on top paid the same.

If you think money will just appear out of thin air to pay as many people in the gruntwrk positions double, you're as bad at math as Bernie. You are basically just killing off small companies that just need one or two employees but can't afford them and making the big companies bigger and killing off small ones.

You shit.

Feminism is cancer but so is Mountain Dew!

>Thinktank staffed by unpaid interns recommends minimum wage increase

I would like to know what it is about the Swedish writing style/use of language that comes across as feminine and the reason for it, anyone have any ideas?

No one used that logic because
Slavery would've died out without a war because they're more expensive than paying people next to nothing in day wages, and you don't have to feed or house them.

Macy's Net Income for 2015: 1,530,000,000
Macy's Number of Employees: 157,900

Hourly cost of a $5 wage increase: $789,500
# of Hours before this wage increase would reduce Macy's net income to 0: 1938

In 242 working days, Macy's would be bankrupt if they implemented a $5 pay increase for all workers. Congratulations, you've destroyed a company that employs 158,000 Americans.