Do you find it funnier in a cartoon if swears are bleeped out or kept uncensored?

Do you find it funnier in a cartoon if swears are bleeped out or kept uncensored?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EP_lhvTEJQM
youtube.com/watch?v=o7fGex0kV3E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVWsdV7CJQc
youtube.com/watch?v=zijwPEY2Mes
youtube.com/watch?v=-FD_ikk_n3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8fpD4I_dZq8#t=1m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=z-ReImnUhYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in this episodes case, bleeped

Sometimes, when you can't hear the word, your imagination ends up making it funnier.

Especially the gags where an entire rant is covered by a really long bleep.

Honestly, it's the only thing I could think of that would be a relevant pic for the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=EP_lhvTEJQM

like this?

Taffer!

I prefer when swears in cartoons are just normal words that aren't swears IRL but the characters act like they are.
PECK

Hiding it often makes things better
>That
>Gifts are better when wrapped
>Wet semi transparent clothing are hotter than nude

This specific episode of Spongebob lets the viewer read the character's lips. It's not hard to make out the bleeped words excluding the part where Spongebob and Patrick start telling on each other

Fantastic Mr. Fox where they just say "cuss".

Depends, but usually bleeped unless it works better with the uncensored cussing.

I thought the joke as a kid was that the swear words were literally the dolphin noises.

Standard censor bleeps are usually funnier than uncensored swear words, but unorthodox censor bleeps are almost always funnier. OP's pic, ATHF, and Metalocalypse are prime examples of this.

Depends on the voice actor. Most of the time I like bleeps better, but some voice actors just put such good emphasis on the words. Rick and Morty and Mike Tyson Mysteries are better without bleeps. Venture Bros can go either way depending on the character and scene.

Perfect Hair forever had fantastic bleeps.

I really like overdramatic bleeps sometimes, like the bleep is a loud music sting, birds cawing and flying away in panic, someone screaming just outside the scene for something unrelated

>Randy: Hey, back off [BLEEP]
>Sharon: You just said the C word!
>Randy: ... Did I?

He calls her a bitch in South Park HD version since they removed all the bleeps and it's a little funnier because it makes Sharon look delusional, but at the same time it's treated like he called her a cunt. Maybe it said cunt in the script and Trey just said bitch because he doesn't want to call an actress that to her face?

TDI comes to mind

>Perfect Hair forever had fantastic bleeps.
My nigga.

Uncensored for shock value for humor, if the curse word is used repeatedly in an angry sentence than bleeped

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=o7fGex0kV3E

If you can see it coming than censored, if it's unexpected it usually hits better uncensored.

creative word censoring is always funnier.

>Do you find it funnier in a cartoon if swears are bleeped out or kept uncensored?
Depends on the context.

Considering they thought Old Man Jenkins in his jalopy was Mama Krabs swearing, I'd say that's the case.

FISHPASTE

what was it?

My favorite bleeps gotta be from Perfect Hair Forever.

I like when its implied or just used rarely. I hate it when a show over uses swear words and I hate it even more when they try to over use words but have to silence or bleep out every one. The exception is a long rant that is entierly bleeped out.

I think it's funnier ccensored. But one thing I wish I saw more is post-credit scenes where they're saying the swears uncensored and it turns out they were saying completely innocuous words.

this episode's lesson backfired on me because it made me want to swear moreso than not swear.

Does anyone else agree that it's probably "Krabs is a Motherfucker?"
or maybe its just me
>*Lose at E&E* "MOTHERFUCKER!"
>"Hi Squidward, how the fuck are you?"

will they ever release an unbleeped version? i wonder what words they said, if it was nonsense or if they actually said dirty shit

This is the exact reason I'm pissed there isn't an uncensored version of Archer, even on the DVDs

I remember some joke video back in the day where someone edited it really well to sound like an uncensored version.

>Hey Squidard! How the Fuck are ya?

>tfw I didn't get that the words were being censored as a kid, so I thought dolphin noises were offensive to humans.

This, a bleep is almost always funnier.

Part of why I didn't find Deadpool as charming as everyone else, forcing in as many swears as they could just seemed obnoxious--I mean it's not like he even swears in the comics. It's more clever when you have to work around that kind of cheap humor.

That reminds me of Timmy Two-Teeth from Sam & Max. He had a fatal case of Tourette's Syndrome and had constant bleeps in his dialogue. When you find you how to uncensor his dialogue later in the game(yes this is actually something you do), it turns out that everything he was saying was actually completely innocent and harmless words, like "flipping"

On a related note, IIRC one of the VAs didn't want to swear, so anytime his character was supposed to swear, he would say "donut" instead and just bleep it out.

I feel like bleeps have more inherent comedic value than uncensored swear words. But as others have said, delivery plays a big role.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVWsdV7CJQc

Not a cartoon but on Eric Andre's show Hannibal starts singing some rap song and they bleep pretty much everything except nigga. Even the regular words gets bleeped. Always will make me laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=zijwPEY2Mes

Pretty much this.
This is the only example I can think of where I found it funnier uncensored due to the way he delivered the line.
youtube.com/watch?v=-FD_ikk_n3Y

It depends, the robot chicken DragonballZ-Christmas sketch is a lot funnier bleeped than when it's not.

Am I the only one who gets really annoyed when a character in spongebob will start saying a sentence and then get cut off/cut himself off as if he was about to say something sexual or profanity?

I love it when they censor words without using the bleeps.

EHF

I think when they have to work within odd guidelines, they can make the situation funnier than just swearing.

The Clerks cartoon was definitely not a mature rating, they had to keep it relatively curse-free, and they either had to use a few odd phrases or use what sounded like very childish word choices, which made it funnier. A hooligan screaming into a phone about how he is going to burn the store down and "pee-pee on the ashes" is funnier than just saying he's going to piss on it, due to the context.

I don't think people give enough of a flying feather about these.

Peeved

Rewatching some American Dad without censors, the bleeps make it way funnier.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force-style censorship > uncensored > beeps

That can easily cross into that unusual euphemism which can just be fucking obnoxious.

It depends like when Metalocalypse has guitar riffs as bleeps makes it funnier to me. But a show like South Park is better without the bleeping.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=8fpD4I_dZq8#t=1m27s

I like that, and how Archer does the cutaways.

ACCEPTABLE

>American Dad
>Funny

You special snowflake.

Also Eric Andre: the bleep sound changes
youtube.com/watch?v=z-ReImnUhYU

Didn't Rugrats have an episode with a similar premise?

Unless it's a creative swear a bleep is usually funnier.

What is a creative swear when it has all been said and done before in English?