If you guys are such geniuses, make a good watchable show starring Scrappy Doo

If you guys are such geniuses, make a good watchable show starring Scrappy Doo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6juEOmOaYVk
newsfromme.com/writings/scrappy-days/
youtube.com/watch?v=2IuC9OEH6HA
youtube.com/watch?v=EGCskvKUnjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hating scrappy doo always was and still is and always will be just a meme

OP, it's called 13 Ghosts.

fpbp

This

second post is pretty good too.

This, Scrappy Doo is a fine character

Regardless, to make a successful show staring Scrappy Doo in 2017 would require acknowledging the meme, and giving Scrappy the perceived 'comeuppance' for being an annoying brat while writing him to be extremely likable.

I've always thought a cartoon staring Scrappy based on this would be fantastic
youtube.com/watch?v=6juEOmOaYVk
A show about Scrappy Doo being a struggling cartoon actor that everybody in the industry inexplicably hates. Sort of like Bojack for kids.

Another other rout is Scooby Apocalypse and just go full on evil + redemption arc, Scrappy Venom was the best part of the comic.

Or you could have a more mature Scooby Doo cartoon that explores the theme that Scrappy is a child and a gang of moody ghost hunting teenagers are going to be -terrible- at raising a child. Leading to his corruption when the boy gets his paws on some ancient evil artifact and becomes the possessed by a demon.

I absolutely swear there was a whole webpage essay put up by someone who worked on scooby doo about the inclusion of scrappy. I've wanted to reread it for years.

newsfromme.com/writings/scrappy-days/

>Scrappy calls out Him and Red for being fags
I forgot all about this.

thank you, holy fuck

He also made dexter cry, that wasn't cool scrappy

youtube.com/watch?v=2IuC9OEH6HA

I always liked this bumper.

Saying that memes are just memes is a meme.

>all of these aweful, adult oriented suggestions

Make scrappy a teenager. He's still tiny, he's still got napoleon syndrome. Because he's older he can actually get in trouble for biting off more than he can chew. Give him a straight man partner who reigns him in and a supporting cast. Uncle Scoob is his Oldman Joseph

The Mystery Gang officially kick Scrappy out of the group so he decides to travel the world to find a new team, becoming a temporary sidekick in various adventures. Each group or character would be a parody or pastiche which Scrappy would join and simultaneously save and ruin everything with his enthusiasm.

Scrappy has a bitter rivalry with Flim Flam who is usually a sidekick with a similar but more successful group than Scrappy's.

Jeez, his own creators hate him.
Poor guy.

meme kung fu is just a meme

What's wrong with adult-oriented? Adults are the only ones who are familiar with Scrappy Doo and his reputation. If you're not going to play off that, you're better off making a brand new character than using Scrappy at all.

He's right, to be honest. Scrappy got so much goddamn attention because he was genuinely popular with the target audience of the shows he was in.

This feels more like a riff on oldfags than it does directly on Scrappy.

Interesting read.
Still not a Scrappy fan though. Although I did love The 13 Ghosts as a kid.
I was never a fan of that little chicken either.

New writers think scrappy is supposed to be hated and will never try to write him seriously. The 90s was the last era of trying to write scrappy without memes

youtube.com/watch?v=EGCskvKUnjc

/thread

Can agree, Scrappy just got too much exposure for a character you dont really needed, storywise. He was just a 90s character insert.

Because we both know adults aren't going to watch a Scrappy-Doo show for various reasons. Either through the meme or the stigma that cartoons, and by extention Hannah-Barbara has in general, it's just going to create backlash and people wouldn't even give it a chance. Kids on the other hand, are a blank slate. They haven't been exposed to the meme and will be much easier to redeem in their eyes.

Plus, "adult" cartoons are generally pretty shitty. It's a stagnant market that relies on shock value to survive. You can already show pretty much anything short of extreme gore, sex, and cursing on CN already, and if you're trying to cross that line for a Scrappy show what is even the point? That kind of gimmick has already been done to death in every other "adult" cartoon.

None of the suggestions here have even been anything remotely 'Adult Swim' like

Have him settle down and work at the Ghoul School full time.