Are they finally getting him right?

Are they finally getting him right?

nojusticewithouthope.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m1umEFOoalw
youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. They're acting as if they had gotten him right all along.

But then... this is right, right?

Not really. It's acting like you're ahead when the scoreboard says otherwise. They're pushing the idea that Superman inspired tons of hope and was stopping street level crime and beloved by all when the actual stories leading up to this point don't support it strongly enough and the meta commentary of the audience has people outright hating this version of the guy

>Are they finally getting him right?

>when the actual stories leading up to this point don't support it strongly enough

Translation: it conflicts with my headcanon

They portrayed a divided world, with different groups loving and hating him. It's possible that after he died, that people as a whole would grow to see him in a much more favorable light. It's much easier to idealize the dead.

Don't get your hopes up

youtube.com/watch?v=m1umEFOoalw

>They portrayed a divided world, with different groups loving and hating him.
Yes.
> It's possible that after he died, that people as a whole would grow to see him in a much more favorable light. It's much easier to idealize the dead.
Is it possible? Absolutely. But it's still a runback for the audience.

>It's possible

Lots of things are possible.

This is going to be BvS all over again, where Clark had a radical personality shift in-between movies and it's relegated to a fucking montage and talking-head news clips instead of actually engaging with the character.

Apparently all the interesting things that I might actually give a shit about take place off-screen in Snyder movies. And then the fans claim that's somehow the point, as though artistic intent has any relevance when it comes to the actual text of the movie.

This is so accurate it saddens me.

I have more respect for the creator of this image than I do for Zack Snyder

This. I'm sure most people didn't feel anything when he died because he never even had an arc.

>This. I'm sure most people didn't feel anything
I don't think anybody felt anything. Did you see anybody seriously talking or writing stories about how they felt when Supes died? Like, nobody cared.

I think Logan's ending hit more with people

Because the entire movie is about misery and death and they wallowed in his piss poorly done, over dramatic death scene.

Superman's death doesn't need to be an Earth shattering event for viewers.

This is the image I thought of.

If been invited to this dog and pony show multiple times, and every time it seems they got it right, they didn't. Those are wonderful aspirations the dialogue seems to suggest, but you what else did that?

youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

I've been let down by DCEU marketing too many times, since it's beginning, to buy into it this time.

the story is that to keep the movie under two hours they had to trim down a lot of subplots and get rid of others, including one about "evil superman"

they're not getting him right. they're just throwing shit and see what sticks

Clark never had a radical personality change. They have consistently shown that the world was divided on him and then everyone united in believing in him after he died protecting the world. This was shoved in our faces in the funeral scene in BvS and then re-iterated again in Skwad. Hell, his presence is what makes Batman a hero again and WW come back to the public eye.

To act like they are making it up for this movie is to be willfully wrong/ignorant and I refuse to further engage with you retards.

I think it should be a big event. But you need to make a character liked before he can be missed.

>and then everyone united in believing in him after he died protecting the world.
Yes. And that felt unearned. There's no reason for them to be united. Their divison was well founded and sweeping it under the rug was unsatisfying, especially because the man himself never gets to have a say or express his ideology when everyone else gets to give long soliloquies as to their worldviews.
But yes, please don't engage. You've been arguing solely with name calling for about four years now.

>Clark never had a radical personality change
You need a personality in order to have a radical personality change. And that's not what anyone you quoted was talking about besides.

>You need a personality in order to have a radical personality change.
You either had a relatively hard life growing up and it shows no signs of getting better or you have yet to lose anything worthwhile in order to say that.

People change completely when they have kids, people change completely when they lose loved ones, people change completely when they go to war, people change completely when they have a near death experience.

Only a fucking twelve year old could say something so stupid.

Funny you mentioned age 10 specifically because that's what Clark regressed to by the end of BvS. Was that an intentional pick?

>Only a fucking twelve year old could say something so stupid.
>Funny you mentioned age 10
You can't even properly make your own smarmy reply you stupid fuck.

And what ten year old do you know who would flack jacket a fucking nuke and shortly there after plunge a spear into an otherworldly manifestation of evil and carnage for the very people who callously nuked him, get stabbed in the chest, and then push the spear even deeper into the beast?

I typoed. You think I'm gonna put in full effort when we're just gonna do this again tomorr

The same one that would pull a bus of his classmates out of a river rather than let them die because it's the right thing to do no matter what the consequences are.

I feel bad for Cavill because he could be a great Supes, but he is being mishandled so much, it's getting sad. We really need someone who isn't Snyder to take him in a new direction.

>Dat background music

Inspiring as that monologue is, I wonder if that's a track in the movie, and if they are going to release it? I really liked it.

You can turn the car in a new direction, but if you started your trip with a flat tire you're still not going to get very far.

user the 2 isn't near the 0.

That's why after JL they just need to stop telling people in new towns about the previous days that included the flat tire and what it took to get it fixed. Just tell them about waking up that day, and getting to where they are.

So are they not trying to even hide the fact that he's returning in this movie?

It is on the numpad.

And when they actually fix it you'll e right. But right now they're running around on the rim and acting like there's no problem and we can't hear the grinding noise.

And you'd have to type like a spastic retard to type the large button below instead of the small one to the side. That wasn't a typo, that was him being incapable of even making his own shitpost properly. Which is pretty indicative of the type of garbage ass person who comes into these threads to shit on BvS still.

>And you'd have to type like a spastic retard to type the large button below instead of the small one to the side.
Directly above it, you mean.

If this was between BvS and JL filming I'd agree, but Snyder's wife made comments, the Trinity actors made comments, and the production has shifted so drastically that I think they realize there is a problem. While I am incredibly skeptical of JL, I do believe that at a bare minimum, it is going to tie up the threads of the universe, and allow everything that comes after it to be able to tell a story without needing to refer back to what has come before it with the sole exception of Wonder Woman. They won't be retconning MoS, BvS, and SS, but I would imagine those are just going to be swept under the rug, with everyone involved in production moving forward, ignoring their existence on a narrative basis. Expect the inevitable soft reboot of Superman to not be called MoS2. Metaphorically, I think Wonder Woman was the universal roadside spare tire that got them to the next town, where JL will act if anything as the proper replacement that gets the car back on the road as though nothing had ever happened.

You has issues man.

user the number was 12. He typed 10. The large button below is the 0.

He would have to type like a spastic retard to type the large button below (the 0) instead of the small one to the side (the 2).