Trollhunters

Ok guys it's official, we have Trollhunters-verse

> 3 Below debuts next year and will focus on two royal teenage aliens and their bodyguard who escape their home planet during a coup by an evil dictator and end up crashing on Earth near Arcadia.

>Wizards (coming in 2019) unites all three mystical story lines, with magical heroes engaged in a battle that will determine the fate not just of our world, but also the troll kingdom and the alien world.

ew.com/tv/2017/11/06/guillermo-del-toro-trollhunters-alien-wizard-spinoffs/

Trailer for S2:
youtube.com/watch?v=dza61onWtPg

thoughts?

>aliens

> 3 Below debuts next year and will focus on two royal teenage aliens and their bodyguard who escape their home planet during a coup by an evil dictator and end up crashing on Earth near Arcadia.

Del Taco bringing us a Symbionic Titan reboot?

nice catch

Don't play with my feelings like that user.

But why? Trollhunters is one of the dullest shows I’ve seen lately. Why does it deserve a whole animated universe?

Everyone loves Del Toro so he gets to have whatever he asks for.
Trollhunters was always his pet project he was passionate about doing something like this with.

Trollhunters also will have a graphic novel from Dark Horse to be released in February 2018.

>two swords

It makes me sad due to Yelchin's unfortunate death.

It's a shame, because the concepts are solid and there's some decent lore in there. The writing itself is so cliched and boring. I'm still mad about the convenient status quo amnesia they used. And now they're going to bring back Arrrrgh! after having a meaningful and touching death?

Good for him and for us maybe this will finally bring us more decent CG and action toons.

Is he going to direct the pilots of those shows too?

>The writing itself is so cliched and boring
And yet it's still the best western cartoon currently airing.

It would be boring if it was like Miraculous Ladybug, with 90% of the episodes being repetitive filler.

Are the other shows going to have multiple seasons?
I heard that Trollhunters is going to have 52 episodes, meaning there should be a third season with 13 episodes.

It's hard to say, since they're coming out a year apart each but it usually takes 2 years to do 52 episodes.
Maybe some of them will be running concurrently to each other?
You get the impression that these might be side stories more than one continual narrative.

>Everyone loves Del Toro so he gets to have whatever he asks for.
Expect Hellboy and Pacific Rim.

>the best western cartoon currently airing
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Even shit like skylanders academy is better

I thought Skylanders was considered (surprisingly) decent?

He could've directed Pacific Rim 2 but then he wouldn't have been able to make Shape of Water

The only reason for that is because of Kaos storyline, which is fucking amazing. But everything about the skylanders is shit