NETFLIX TO PUBLISH COMIC BOOKS, FIRST TITLE REVEALED

HOLY SHIT!

By Millar and Coipel.

variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-comic-book-mark-millar-magic-order-1202608797/

Other urls found in this thread:

jimzub.com/creator-owned-economics-the-changing-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>millarshit
no thanks

They bought Millarworld a while back user.

>We could invest money into retaining some of the streaming title rights we've been hemorrhaging for years, or we could dive into the much more lucrative world of niche print media

Millar comic books make bank though, in adaptation.

Isn't this just going to be crap to get you to sign up for Netflix and watch the series or something?

Yeah, but everyone thought they would just adapt Millar comics, not publish them.
Sayonara, Comixology

>SHIT!
pretty much

well, it's obvious that they only are doing this so they can adapt it later.
But they could just cut the middle man and make a show with Millar as the writer.

Pretty much.
The sale means that Millar is literally only writing tie-in books from now on.

>Sayonara, Comixology

ur dumb if you think this but so is most of Sup Forums nowadays.

anyways, good for coipel.

They own Millarworld. Millar only writes comics to turn into movies. Netflix is only publishing comics to turn it into programming. Why don't they just skip the foreplay and make the fucking show?

>Millar

Nah

because comics are cool user.

Because they want him to make IPs they can adapt, and Millar comics still make a profit by themselves?

King Steve ongoing when?!

comixology is owned by amazon

>Because they want him to make IPs they can adapt
You don't need to adapt. Pay him to write scripts, film the scripts.

>comics still make a profit by themselves?
Not really, no.

>Coipel art wasted on Mark Millar ripping off Books of Magic

This should appeal to no one.

can't wait, Millar's been knocking them out the park recently

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would anyone sign an agreement with Millar? Just get an actual writer to write your script.

I like how you just skipped Millar there. Millar comics do make a profit by themselves. And why is it weird to imagine that Millar would rather write comics than film scripts?

Another poster that doesn't read comics.

Good cover.

Looks bland

good for Coipel getting on the Millar/Netflix gravy train.

you can't make a comic book movie without a comic book, then it's just a movie and no one will watch it duh.

this is great news, another media giant getting in to comics can only help juice up the industry.

He'll make bank off it, you should be happy an artist you like has a project that can actually support them.

I'm no fan of Millar, but he treats his artists well. Frank Quietly deserves as much money as Hollywood throws at Juiter's Legacy because form what he's said he nearly lost his home while drawing All Star Superman.

reportedly Quietly made a few mil this deal along with Capullo and Immonen

thats great

>Coipel
Looks sexy as long as Millar doesn't go too crazy edgy

Fuck off retard, stay on Sup Forums you don't know shit

>bitching about comics being produced by companies other than the Big 2
Stop being the worst Sup Forums

>doesn't know Sup Forums's opinion of Millar
C'mon son

That you don't read comics and parrot each other's shitty opinions?

Sounds about right

I like Millar a lot, despite his serious duds, but the board hates him, and frankly with shit like Trouble and Unfunnies on his resume it's a fair opinion. Fuck you.

At this point i'm so dissapointed on Millar that i only get excited to see wich of the excelent artists he picks is going to get a lot of money.

This is great news, i love Coipel, here's hoping for Ribic next.

Why would a major media company want to get into comics? No disrespect, but even as just a way to advertise, I think this is beneath Netflix. I would of thought they'd do a television/movie magazine before a comic.

>shit that came out 15 years ago is reflective of the writer now
Even Nemesis, which was also trash, is like 7 or 8 years old now.

Acting like that's a valid reason to hate on a new company producing comics though is fucking idiotic

>Why would a major media company want to get into comics?

Because it's cheaper to produce a comic to gauge interest in an adaptation that just to have the same writer do a show/movie.

Ink on paper made by a team of 4-6 vs a whole production crew shooting a mini series, season long show, or feature film.

>Millar

>Why would a major media company want to get into comics?

Low cost IP Farm

>Sup Forums is retarded
Oh no, what a revelation. I really like all of his new Millarworld stuff, but some people just see him as tainted.

Disney and Netflix are breaking up because Disney is making its own streaming service. So Netflox needs its own Superheros and might as well produce them in house.

They own Millar's company outright, try again casual.

>bitching about comics being produced by companies other than the Big 2
Ah yes, Netflix and Amazon, truly the underdogs

How does that make what he said wrong?

This. Just looking at the cover tells me this will be another comic filled with boring one-sided fights to demonstrate how strong and overpowered the protagonists are. It's like everything he learned about writing a fight he got from the Authority without realizing Ellis was being subversive and deconstructive.

They can just have Millar pitch directly for tv/film. They're having him make comics because they know he makes money on them and they want to dip their feet into other forms of media and see how it goes.

Why does Coipel rarely put in effort to draw decent background?

He's a fucking hack. He has like 5 bodytypes (Superhero guy, Sexy girl, twink, and generic citizen male and female) and severe sameface. His page composition and paneling are good, but within those pages and panels it's never that strong

Because comics are such a cash cow?

Nah, it's like
Gauging interest in an IP before fully committing to it.

Just look at how many duds are on Netflix

Yes user he's a >hack

fucking boi go kill yourself mate

>Just look at how many duds are on Netflix

Yeah after House of Cards and Orange is the New Black were hits it felt like they went green light crazy and made a bunch of shows no one watched like Marco Polo

>Netflix completely revolutionizes television viewing
>Thinking they can't do it for comics
Honestly you're such a retarded faggot dude, just fuck off. Millar comics do make money by the way, you obviously don't even understand the economics of how Image works either.

The CEO said their ultimate plan is to be 100% originals. They don't mind losing shows.

t. millar shill

Fuck you dude, Copiel is not that good. He draws sexy people and he can make some dynamic pages but he's not a well rounded artist at all. Hack might be extreme but he's not even close to the other Millarworld artists like Quietly, Gibbons, Parlov, Albuquerque, McNiven, Jones or Fegredo.

Please explain the economics of how Image works since you seem so well acquainted.

>brainlet detected
Yea man Millarworld is a worthless company that's why it sold for like 60 mil. And before you think that the movie deals kept it afloat, why did artists that no rights to movie adaptations get million dollar payouts?

Did that series he was making with Frank Quietly ever end?

Jupiter?

I think there's another book coming though I'm not sure

>money = quality
Let me guess: you jumped Marvel ship too.

Jupiter Legacy ended, it's getting a sequel but it probably won't have Quietly on the art anymore.

Creators get a fat chunk of the profits
jimzub.com/creator-owned-economics-the-changing-market/

Here's a quote from Kieron Gillen
>>I’ll give you some really basic rule of thumbs for indie comic commentary:
>>Anything selling stably over 10k in single issues is a cause for celebration and joy. The creators are almost certainly extremely happy. If you’re selling over (ooh) 12k, you’re probably making more than either of the big two would pay you, unless you’re one of the very biggest names. If you’re selling anything near 20k, you probably have to buy drinks for your friends. And in a real way, if Phonogram settled around 6k back in 2006, I suspect Jamie and I would have settled into doing it for another 40 or 50 issues.
>>There’s all manner of exceptions to the above, but if you look at the charts and bear that in mind, you’ll be closer to how the industry looks at those numbers. None of the above includes digital sales.
>>None of the above include trades. You throw trades in, and you change everything entirely. A cursory look at hit indie comic numbers reveals that their trades sell much more than Marvel/DC main universe trades, with a few exceptions (There’s a reason why Matt and David’s Hawkeye was such a big thing, and it wasn’t its monthly sales).

Millar's stuff Usually sells above 25k on average.

>brainlet confirmed
We were exclusively talking about the profitability of Millarworld's comics in relation to why Netflix was publishing more of them, learn to read retard.

Why not? Millar slotted it for like 2019 so he probably already has Frank doing pages

Quitely was only hired for the 10 issues.
The prequel maxi had a different artist.

It only stands to reason that the third should change it up as well.

Better a brainlet than a brainless shill.

Okay retard