Is he a better father than his dad?

Is he a better father than his dad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0t76ktRwt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, Hank and Dean have died like thirty times.

Not really, he treats his kids like they're accessories that can be replaced, so he doesn't really care about their well-being (much like his dad).

He doesnt go on his way to be as dick as his father

But he managed to get his sons killed way more.

Very, very slightly.

he actually in some small way cares for the boys which is huge compared to jonas sr. who left his kids in the hands of kidnappers for 2 months so he could orgy and adventure

To be fair, many if them weren't his fault

It was his fault for raising idiots, he somehow managed to stay alive despite getting into similar shit at a younger age.

He was the greatest boy adventurer of his time

Honestly I'm not sure if that speaks for or against the quality of Jonas parenting or lack there of.

>He was the greatest boy adventurer of his time

And Jonas hadn't perfected his cloning research yet. If he had, Rusty would've probably died and been cloned WAY many more times than Hank and Dean did.

>Is he a better father than his dad?
Yes, but not by very far. He doesn't go out of his way to deliberately give his sons a hard time. That's really the only big difference between the two.

I would say it's close, but Jonas was busy with his life as a super scientist playboy business owner. Rusty is just a depressed pile of failure, he cloned his kids as a band-aid, his father never had to do the same to him. So I would say Jonas took slightly better care of Rusty. Like I said earlier, Jonas had a slightly better reason to be a shitty father, and in the flashback episode of Rusty in college in the phone call it seems like Jonas is trying to reconnect with his son and right his wrongs.
I would say Jonas is better

Hank and Dean clones were always given a hard drive image from the learning beds. Every time they died, they couldn't learn from that experience because they didn't sync with the beds. they remember stuff that happened around the compound and adventures where they didnt die. so they keep being the same dumb shit boy adventurers.

Is even comfirmed if the boys were once his real sons?They are clones of his real kids or he never had children and created them?

he is, and considering he's way more fucked up than his dad that is an accomplishment.

they're his. otherwise we wouldn't have myra brandish.

Are we sure the same isn't true for him?
There's no reason to believe he built the cloning lab himself instead of inheriting it like everything else, so who's to say he's the original Rusty?

His twin brother was still inside him.

Jonas Venture's companions would have told Rusty.

that ben guy in the halloween special laid it out pretty clearly.

You're right, I forgot about that.

Comparatively, yes.

The thing about Rusty is, he's a terrible person but on some level, he does care. Jonas Sr. didn't. At all.

He should program the beds to teach basic common sense, I mean Hank once swan dove off the roof to his death. That wasn't even an adventure.

No bed can teach Hank to not be Hank.

Rusty made Hank and Dean who are okay.

Jonas made Rusty who's an asshole.

as far as we know rusty never died which is unlikely since a clone wouldn't have a conjoined twin

Depends on how thorough the cloning process is. If it takes a "snapshot" of the body on a cellular level, who's to say the conjoined twin wouldn't be cloned as well?

shouldn't that be brocks fault?
for the strongest bodyguard ever doing an easy job he sure gets the kids killed a lot
jonas team where fuckers who messed with rusty in all sorts of dangerous ways yet rusty is still alive

>Jonas Sr. didn't. At all.

He destroyed the eye of that greek dude that kidnapped Rusty, even if they said that they were "sorry", he still was pissed.

The real question we should be asking is if Jonas is still alive

How did he die, exactly?

Kinda. Dialogue from the Halloween Special, Perchance to Dean, I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills, and the ages on the licenses from Hate Floats points at him working hard to perfect the cloning tech his dad started since Myra went over the edge and had to be fired. Considering the highly illegal nature of it and Rusty's inability to focus on a project for more than a day, it says a lot about how he tried to keep them safe before someone like Brock showed up. They still died a shitton but like Ben said, it was the only way Rusty knew how to keep them safe. He also constantly wanted to leave them at the compound or on the X1 so they wouldn't get dragged into his lifestyle, and he's gone on record to try to say that the boys, or at least Hank, didn't deserve the trouble of being a Venture. S4E12+E13 also show him at least trying to get their lives on track and being supportive even when Hank steals all his shite to make a store, even though he goes about his typical selfish way with it.

At the least, he gets a C+ or B- for effort, while Jonas on the other hand locked his son in the basement during swinger parties, had him shoot men with a rifle, and allowed his friend to belittle the shit out of him at his own party.

We thought it was Kato but it turns out that was a lie

There was also Rusty trying to cope with the death of the boys at the start of season 2

youtube.com/watch?v=b0t76ktRwt0

I love this scene, capture really well the underlying feels of the show

those hank and dean where probably around for a very long time for rusty to react like that.
i wonder how he reacted the first couple times

...About that Child...

Hank and Dean (well mostly Hank) are functioning adults. Rusty isn't

His kids turned out better than he did, but only when they cast him off and started to be their own people. I'll say this: At least Rusty didn't impose himself as his own son's therapist and berate them for their legit grievances rather than work to address them.

While we're having a Venture thread, can we talk about how bullshit airing half a season and calling it a whole season is?
Because that's totally what went down. And it sucks

Nope, if anything he's worst than his own father and doesn't want to do anything about his past. He acts like he knows shit but in reality, he's a fuck up and only got lucky to get this far.

Hell the growth from his own shit is better than him.

Yes but he's still a shitty parent.

Basically chosing between Jonas and Rusty is like chosing which turd smells the least.

Well, I guess that puts them at a disadvantage compared to the rest of us who can learn from what kills us.

Idiot

I'm going to say yes, but only by the sheer fact that Jonas was unbelievably shitty.

still probably my favorite scene in the show

It's tied for the end of Operation PROM for me

Not to mention Rusty's Prom date. Pic related.

I always figured that Jonas was just pissed someone stole from him in general like they would have gotten the same treatment if they just took shit from the boat and not Rusty.

The censored version of Operation PROM is definitely the way to go. Not knowing every word of what a "Rusty Venture" is makes it a thousand times better.
Yeah, I thought that too. Rusty and Skye's child would be only like 4 years old at the most though.

You also have to take into account Rusty was raised mostly by a mute Chinese guy while Dean and Hank got Brock.

Didn't Kano only stop talking after Jonas died?

Shit you might be right, but I still think it's important to bring up how much Brock has influenced the boys hell half the time he acts like a better parent then Rusty.

It's implied he'd be a great evil scientist but he doesn't want to be

This is adequate

Better than Jonas and Jonas Sr

We already know he inherited the cloning lab.

She's not their biological mother

I'd say he's a lateral movement from his father.

From what we've seen of Jonas so far, he tried to keep up the appearance of being a loving father with Rusty's best intentions at hand while his actions say otherwise. But the only time we've actually seen him be outright cruel to Rusty's face was when he basically called him an ungrateful shit for complaining about not liking having no friends and going on dangerous adventures. Rusty on the otherhand is much more overtly mean to his children.

The only real improvement Rusty is on his dad is that he didn't surround his child with his own abusers and bullies.

>But the only time we've actually seen him be outright cruel to Rusty's face was when he basically called him an ungrateful shit for complaining about not liking having no friends and going on dangerous adventures.

He made a child kill a man.

Rusty is more explicitly mean than his father, but he's at least doing it intentionally to be rude and belittling. Jonas Sr. put Rusty through hell and back and acted like he was doing Rusty a favor. That kind of abusive relationship fucks with peoples heads far more than any insults do.

They're both roughly equivalent levels of bad people, but as bad fathers Jonas takes a solid lead.