Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #16 Storytime

#feminism
#deathtoallmen

Other urls found in this thread:

www54.zippyshare.com/v/oE8hNOun/file.html
nerdist.com/batgirl-and-the-birds-of-prey-manslaughter-shawna-julie-benson-exclusive/?sf151741647=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So this Harley is not a psychiatrist? which is some kind of doctor right?

Who knows?. Harley's shit is always getting changed

why steph took off her mask?

Cute, and at least they are calling each other by their real names.

UU
UU

Bat?
Cat?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

See ya some other time!

Wonder Woman you are fucking useless.

But who was TERF?

gays, when will they learn

Do women actually like this shit?

That's some bullshit writing unless she's bluffing. Elseworlds material never bled in into DC's continuum before.

>#feminism
>#deathtoallmen

I dont think you understand what feminism means
I dont think a lot of woman understand what it means either

AHAHHAHAHHAAAAHHAHAHHAHAH
based DC does it again!

I was making a joke basing on this issue also last night episode of The Flash

This is the second worst Waller I've ever seen.

OH BOY HERE WE GO!

I was under impression that Poison Ivy was immune to gas, or am i confusing for something else?

lul Ollie you madman

>mint chocolate chip
best taste

also how the fuck did she take a sample from Clayface (though I like how the current issue with him is actually addressed, as if the writers actually cared about other books)

Soooo...
What's the virus do to trans people?

Oh god, DC is based as fuck.

All the best pairings on one page. Also lol JPV being a dick.

lmao they are all like WTF is this chick going on about

Because she's way cuter without it

to be far White Night might take place in the dark multiverse theres a few references in it that place it in it

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey 016 (2018) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Thoth)
www54.zippyshare.com/v/oE8hNOun/file.html

I think this is the first I’ve seen of Gotham Girl in months.

>all best pairings
JPVxLuke too?

No Bat Cat?

JUSTICE

KEK
E
K

Yup, and i have to speak out on how it's actually doing a better job at pointing the difference between misandry and feminism in a way more organic manner than any of the faux shoehorned radical "feminism" certain publisher loves.

Feminism is just about equality, not despising men for the sake of it, i'm glad this book is reflecting that .

Imagine this happening in Marvel.

>Feminism is just about equality
Feminism is about fixing the inequalities suffered by women.

A slight but important difference.

Whos the old cunt?

That was a corny reference, Selina.

>Feminism is about fixing the inequalities suffered by women.
I would say that still falls under the umbrella of equality.

Secret identity.. But you are right..

From what I read last issue, this story makes no fucking sense in the rest of the DCU continuity.

The writer clearly just wanted to do a story that had every female in the DCU teaming up even if it made no sense to do so.

Apparently the writers didn't stop to consider this

>The pair explained that the disease in “Manslaughter” is specific to biology, only attacking individuals with XY chromosomes. That’s something that ends up highlighting the flawed politics of the story arc’s villain. In targeting this specific chromosome pair, she doesn’t consider how it might affect trans women. “It’s a real struggle we had thinking about how to include transgender characters,” Shawna said. “There’s a much more complex and broad story there for sure, but we only had three issues. As we were thinking about it, we realized that it ends up being a part of Patient 0 shortsightedness.”

nerdist.com/batgirl-and-the-birds-of-prey-manslaughter-shawna-julie-benson-exclusive/?sf151741647=1

MY GOD. THE FEDORA LEVELS ARE OFF THE SCALES!

Will we get a war? Will there be a third tranny faction?

DC's Next Big Event

XY vs Daughters of Gotham

Coming Summer 2018

Has anybody on dumblr or twitter outcried about this yet?

>Batman would've been prepared for this.

Don't worry, you will have your dose of batcat next week.

>perfect chance for batgirl to get jealous of helena
>doesn't happen

Come on

Harley is trained as a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. A terminalyl degreed psychologist obtains the PhD, indicating independent research proficiency. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who has the MD degree. While a medical doctor may obtain the PhD (in addition to the MD) with appropriate training, it is not required to be a psychiatrist but the MD usually is as well as a specialization in psychiatry.

Always thought Harley was a psychiatrist : She works at Arkham and wears a doctor coat.

is she supposed to be typhoid mary?

Nice to see Wonder Woman without the fucking sword for once. That already makes it better than the Robinson book.

>Feminism is just about equality
That's egalitarianism. Feminism is, and always has been, about Gurl Powah; but there used to be considerably more overlap when women didn't have the right to vote or inherit property or anything like the ability to work and support themselves outside the home.

This is fucking awful.

>be feminist group that is all about female supremacy
>cover yourself up and dress like man
that doesn´t make any sense

Is Robinson the most overrated writer?
I haven't read Starman, but everything I've read from him goes from underwhelming to downright shit.

considering how sjw modern dc comics are that little speech doesn´t really work

'the fuck does Ivy know about making an antivirus?

>Feminism is, and always has been, about Gurl Powah
No, it wasn't.

>Catwoman is in it and she has her zipper down
yeah
>but the art is so shit that it doesn´t even matter
buuuuh

anybody got some comics with nice art featuring Selinas cleavage? I have already read birds of prey and the 2011 Catwoman run

I hate this plots of a virus killing or disabling entire genders. It's overused.

I don't think he's rated all that highly at all.

Starman and the Golden Age were great, but nothing since has really captured that same magic. I don't think he's gotten anything that inspired him the same way that Jack Knight did, though.

I think his semi autobiographical comic Airboy is the best thing he's done since Starman, because like Starman it feels very personal.

He's kind of like Jurgens, Bunn, Abnett or Lemire in that he can put out something decent but rarely inspired.

Ivy used to be some kind of biologist or botanist or whatever

This people will fuck each other and peace will finally arrive.

Jesus, I hate gender based plots.

Hey wait a minute her last words in this panel... that's from a song in one of the Justice League trailers!

Covering up yourself is a man thing?

>newsflash: women are awesome!

God damnit barb I was enjoying this book.

>Golden Age
I read this one and thought it was a really shallow attempt at aping Watchmen, with all the "grimness" but none of the substance. Almost like an Image comic but with DC characters and less flashy art.

Feminism is a buzzword.

Kind of cute.

The hell does Basil suddenly care for Kate? It's the disease talking. It's affecting his brain obviously.

Still kind of cute.

Love the masks.

Toxins/drugs. Gas she can be affected by them.

Okay, why Harley and not Selina?

> Harley is popular.

Fucking hell!

Birds of prey are only fighting because Batgirls trans roommate was also effected.

>no killing
>Harleys just cracking skulls with a fucking bat

I love comic books so much you guys

Probably because she's about to get married to the MAN that protects Gotham and Harley and Kate are bi/gay.

>Diana isn't going to tolerate your shit.

Oh, wait, nevermind. Apparantly being a super strong, borderline speedster, unaffected by the gas, means she is helpless to save her three comrades or in fact to do anything it seems.

I'm finding the sort of backhanded defense of the men in the face of hyper-feminism kind of cathartic, but they are really dropping the ball with stupid shit like this, another stand out being trusting PAMALA fucking ISLEY with a virus that can wipe out malekind if she tweaks it a bit and makes it airborne.

Virus targets XY Chromosomes, so all social politics and neurological conditions aside, it'd infect a transgender person.

Unless there exists reassignment surgery that works at a genetic level, which given this is DC isn't entirely implausible.

So what does that say about Babs doing there then?

>another stand out being trusting PAMALA fucking ISLEY with a virus that can wipe out malekind if she tweaks it a bit and makes it airborne.
It's either strange bedfellows or Gotham becomes Noir Themyscira.

Her name's on the book? It'd probably make more sense to take Wonder Woman but idk.

Yes, why isn't Wonder Woman or even Ivy there?

Teleport it up to the fucking watchtower, and let J'on... oh, right, Rebirth and not Post-Crisis. Are there even any other females heroines (or even not-man-hating villains) out there that could do it?