GEN Y AUSTRALIA HOUSING

Shit's fucked cunts, weigh in.

I've been working my whole life (28, engineer) and squirreling away everything and I'm locked out.

Rage against the baby boomer overlords (and those cunty fucking 40 somethings).

fuck off nonce

suck his putang as the rent

Move to a cheaper area

This. He probably lives in Sydney.

You can afford a house after 5 years of working a decent wage if you save enough, as long as you don't live in overpopulated shitholes

Brisbane

The only way you can own a home in australia is if you move to bum fuck no where, if you want to be in a city or even suburbs enjoy 800k -1mil prices

>baaaww it's too expensive
You don't need that iphone
You don't need a brand new car
You don't need to live in the CBD (and if you did, you'd be on big dollars anyway dickhead)

The area I live is too expensive to buy a house, so I'm renting and working for a few years and I'll be moving out of Florida to where housing is affordable.

I have 2 houses cunt.
Give me over a million and I might sell you one.
Eat shit poor fag

Sure are a lot of silverhairs in this thread...

Be better to kill yourself then live in that shit hole.

>he wants to live in the city
that's your own fault m8

Shit is fucked, but stop bitching about it from a personal perspective makes you seem like a weak cunt.

Also how much fucking money do you make as an engineer? I've been on fucking 4 days a week casual wages for 4 years and i still have enough for a deposit on a first home style shitbox and good credit to get a loan.

Are you literally looking for houses on the Yarra or something? Atleast as an engineer you can move practically anywhere i'm pretty much stuck working at theme parks till i fucking die.

You do have a big bubble. That's on China and you being a weak as shit country

why are you IDIOTS so fucking stupid?

Do you moronic drug addicts think there is actually some sort of evil cabal of parents just laughing and raising house prices?

This is why you fail so much, you are actually morons.

I'm not even going to tell you why it happens.

You all deserve to die.

Thx daddy

Property developers have been 'donating' to political parties for a couple years now. Food for thought

Seriously. I know it's fun to blame Asians, and they definitely are part of the problem/reason. But the main reason is just plain old corruption.

You want to rage? Rage against the Greens. They block every single new land development while at the same time demanding open borders. What the fuck do you think will happen next?

I am a programmer. I could afford a house outside of Brisbane, in Logan for example. But I would have to work in this shitty job for the rest of my life, slowly watching my soul die. Not sure whether to do that or just keep renting.

Yeah its expensive as fuck, but on the flip side.

Been here 4 years and can afford a deposit in Melbourne after setting up from nothing but $500.

Just need to find a mrs without a fuck ton of debt or a gaggle of kids following her and I'll be set for growing old.

I don't buy however because fuck that shit, actually cheaper to rent and invest.

Fucking entitled y-gens these days think they're owed something without working for it. The reason they have suburbs are for povs like OP.

I worked for a while in the states and realized that with my degree i wouldn't get anywhere.

So I went to Japan to teach English and am having a blast. I can afford my own place with no roomies, buy nice food, not worry about bills and chill out.

It's great, m8. I love Japan.

Don't get me wrong, I love my homeland too but I can just have a good life here and not get stressed as fuck. Life is good.

what's your degree

What's your degree and how did you go about getting employed in Japan?

Trying to decide whether or not that's what I want to do when I finish my degree.

Just find a cheap place to rent, save money and wait for the bubble to burst, then scoop up something cheap.

Education. Focus on English as a foreign language. I didn't wanna teach a bunch of Mexicans English though so decided to go to Japan instead. I managed to negotiate a decent salary as a English teacher here and am enjoying myself so far. I still need to get my TEFL certification and then I will be qualified to work at universities here.

older, farther areas are much cheaper than shit near the city
you have to wake up fucking early to get where you need to go though (better than cancer on mainroads)

it's quieter and there are less niggers and bogans there

>wait for the bubble to burst,
kek, they've been saying that for 10 years.

That said, you don't need any particular degree to work here. Any Bachelor's degree will qualify you for a visa. You might have to deal with being a shitty ALT for a little while though but after you get some experience you can apply for better jobs.

I was a ALT for 2 years and it was actually OK. Salary was a little low but my company gave me a lot of freedom. I worked for Interac. It definitely helps to learn a bit of Japanese before you go though. The locals will treat you much much better if you can speak at least enough to have simple conversations.

Thanks user

Hope you continue to enjoy yourself over there, hopefully one day I can too

And it could be another 10 years, but just imagine how much you could potentially save over 10 years.

yer nah cant i actually work in property economics and the income multiples for Brisbane are average as fuck. Sydney is cooked for sure and to a lesser extent Melbourne but Brissy house prices have actually lost value this year.

put your smart man's skills to be a general lowkey nuisance to your country's data transmit infrastructure.

i.e., fuck up phone/internet lines mid-stream, jam radio signals, hand government official emails and contacts to Nigerian princes, and whatever else you can do to be a right proper pain in the cunt

sounds great. I remember my old high school german teacher (who would also teach english) would constantly mourn about how much better his life was in japan. I think he lasted like two years at our school and then went right back.

chill guy though. I think he had a PhD in medieval poetry too.

Pretty much the same situation as you senpai.
At lest the West End development was approved.

Brisbane is 6x, historically 3x. Not sure if multiples factor in travel distance, and if they include surrounding areas or not. 30 years ago you could get a place 30 minutes from the city with massive yard for 2x income.

You people complaining are goddamn dumbfucks who need to stop listening to media spin. I recently bought a house with my brother in the Brisbane suburb of Geebung (it's not even that far from the city, takes like 35 minutes by train into the CBD) and it cost us 320,000.

I've said this before, problem is every cunt wants to live within 10km and no more than 20 from their mum and dad and where they went to school.

I'm not saying you have to go live with the drop-kicks at walkabout creek, but I moved to a nice regional city - got a 4 bedroom with a pool and big-ass shed, and each time I go back to Sydney I think what a shithole.

It's only a 2 bedroom but it's nice and completely livable. Big backyard too. Stop looking at Sydney harbour and look elsewhere. You don't have to be the middle of nowhere, but find something plain in a mid tier suburb (not in sydney or melb obviously)

Yes the cities are overcrowded shitholes. Some people like that I guess. Not me. Prefer trees over concrete, and don't like listening to neighbours go to tiolet.

median income has also increased since then and purchasing power in luxury goods has increased. The only way i can see young people not affording to buy a house (after saving) is if they have kids, do not have a stable income or are wasteful with money. I had a friend who was an apprentice chef earning peanuts and he managed to save $35, 000 while living out of home in 4 years, enough for a deposit for a first home in reasonable areas (including first home buyers grant as well)

40-somthing here, can confirm you are fucked, but hey we are told that your generation doesnt like to own things (movies, music, phones, whatever) you just like to pay for the use of.

I think housing will be that way too for you, you'll just rent forever. Anyway, government likes it that way as it increases the velocity of money through the system.

>median income
please kys

When rope day comes, everyone who was selfish enough to invest in housing needs to be hung.

Fuck off you dumb young retard - fuckin thinking your'e so entitled - age has nothing to do with it - I am 40 something, spent my whole life saving, only to be made redundant 3 times and now 7 years can't get a job because of fucking young bitches like you. I have had to use all my money just to survive, now i am too old to get a morgage, and unless I win the lotter will never be able to own my own home. Can't get a gilfriend because I am not rich enough and no one gives a shit - YOU 'AINT the only one the boomers have screwed over. FUCKIN GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE

so has real income, median income is often used as a metric when assessing affordability in property economics you philistine as its done on multiples of median incomes.

Funny, I just bought three houses in Australia. Well my dad did. I don't see a problem.

Can confirm. I've got ~400k saved for a deposit ( working in Sydney) and keep thinking fuck it, a couple more years and I'll just buy a place outright in Brisbane or Radelaide

Stop fucking voting for the LNP

Adelaide is kind of dead in the water in terms of property prices (SA economic output is very average). Given that the RBA just announced that apparently the mining bust has just about ended and commodity prices and demand should be on the up Brissy is probably a better bet.

but if you buy a place outright, will you be able to move and still keep up to payments for it? I don't know much about Australian laws but you will still owe taxes and upkeep on the property right?

rates and utility costs thats about it, we dont have land tax here.

LOL OP, maybe you can stay at my place in Australia for a while?

My dad just bought it for me.

Fuck off idiot. It's not about "not working for it", its the house price : median income ratio thats fucked.

And I'm not even talking about in relation to the 50's where women weren't walking and "muh living family wage".

>1975 - 2015- wages increased 10 times
>1975 - 2015 - House prices increased 30 times

Yeahhh. This generation is just afraid to work.

Why would you buy your own ball and chain?

Okay mates,

I'm 20 and I work full time. Is it worth buying a house in melb?

>I've been working my whole life
>28

Wörk will set you free m8.

Lol whiny poorfags. You can afford a house. Your problem is you expect something brand new in the city.

Buy an older house a bit further out.