/civ6qp/

Hey Sup Forums, I'm working on creating a Sup Forums quote mod for Civ 6.

LIST OF INGAME QUOTES:
pastebin.com/raw/5BxrnUZR (half are actually missing, but the missing ones are mostly shit)

TEMPLATE:
pastebin.com/raw/rmvxXUE6

Obviously there are hundreds of quotes in the game, which is why I'm asking for your help to find them.

No memes, this is meant to be a red pilled quote pack that is palatable for normies. (((Controversial))) quotes like Nazi quotes will be allowed, but things like "GAS THE KIKES" will not be added.

I am pretty sure I can only add 2 quotes per technology/civic, but I can mess around and see if I can get more. I cannot change the voice acting for the quotes without mod tools, but I can change the text. I hope to be able to edit the voices with the mod tools, and if anybody reads out the quotes I will save the file for a later day.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bN46pjc2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why?

Don't you have some refugees having sexual emergencies that you need to tend to?

civ 6 sucks ass

That's rude. I just don't see why you want to spend your time doing this.

I've heard it's the best at release many times. Meaning it needs fixes but has potential.

Then don't participate

How is someone supposed to rationalize a hobby you autist?

what kind of stupid question is that...

'

out of all the things to fix in this repolished nightmare that is Civ 5 - Family Version you pick the quotes?

get a fucking grip try redesigning the whole game if you want to improve it

NANOMACHINES, SON

>you autist
Loving the irony desu.

What tech/civic do you want this to go under? Colonialism? I'd appreciate it if when you posted a quote you also posted what you'd like it to go under. Also, I'm not going to make all the quotes one guy
I don't have the expertise to fix the game. All I'm doing here is simple text editing, and maybe later sound editing.

>This
The game sucks worse then Civ V.

>mfw I kind of agree with Sweden here

the game is a lost cause its literally almost as irrelevant as the release of beyond earth

hell it plays almost like it in the fact that it just feels rushed and overall garbage

i love civ but fuck me districts were literally the only major game change

Isn't this obvious?

Cartography: If there be a God, I think he would like me to paint Africa British-Red as possible. -Cecil Rhodes

More than happy to read quotes when I get back from work' if needed, I'll be about 2 hours

>Cartography

that quote has nothing to do with cartography and is like the leaf said a likely metaphor/simile for a stretching empire

>painting the map red
>nothing to do with cartography

It fits.

GTFO retard.

Celestial Navigation

its a metaphor you fucking tard jesus fucking christ

I know it's a metaphor, and it still fits because it is a metaphor.

Eiffel Tower - A Scar on the face of Paris. Bezu Fache

still not even really close to cartography... moreover colonialism or imperialism

Combined Arms:

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
- from a post-war debriefing of a German General

its not though because he talked in his last will about the world being red in reference to the emprei

>civ 6
maybe you want to go back to a certain other place?

Nuclear Program- Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. J. Robert Oppenheimer

Chic games are never great right at release. Been playing since the original. Wait for the first major expansion, then the vanilla part will be figured out.

*Civ

Banking:
"The man who controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire, and I control the British money supply." - Nathan Rothschild

Keep in mind I can add atleast 2 per quote.

Naming the jew. Bold.

If you kill your enemies they win

Watch the backblast you idiot - Sun Tsu

Yeah, I'm hoping some normies download this and get intrigued enough by quotes such as this one to research him

Banking - Lends at interest, and takes profit; shall he then live? He shall not live. He has done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon himself. Ezekiel 18:13

you swedes just can't stop fucking everything up, i swear LOL

Mount Everest - Well George, we’ve knocked the bastard off. Sir Edmund Hillary

In-game quotes are retarded

you're actually half right

civ 5 was better after the major expansions but the core game was still just the core game and i hated so many parts of the core game

same with civ 6, the small caveats such as building maintenance is gone and that builders are disintegrated after a few uses etc

Ideology:

“The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Political Philosophy- You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can't say “nigger” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.” Lee Atwater

> that builders are disintegrated after a few uses etc

I like this feature, and if it really bothers you, you can get builders with 7 charges

The road mechanic is what I like the least. I realize that you have to use traders to build the roads, but I liked having direct control over it. And the military engineer only gets 2 builds? Reeeee

Aw, I thought you were going to be replacing the quotes with shitposts you pulled off of Sup Forums
That would be infinitely more hilarious

this

I'll probably do that at some point

>develop masonry
JUST

>develop gunpowder
I used to be a Trump supporter like you, but now I'm #WithHer

>And the military engineer only gets 2 builds? Reeeee
That why Rome is the only playable civ, the Legions can build, don't require (scarce as fucking hell iron, I honestly haven't build a swordsman yet) and you get free road, but yeah not being able to control the placement is gay as fuck. Just try finding sources of nitrer or whatever for powered units. I'm glad as fuck I pirated it. CIV 4 with all expansions and modded to shit is way more fun.

Civ4 was pretty much perfect with the final expansion, BtS. Poor random map generator though, but that's a minor issue.

Stealth:

"If you're not alert, sometime, a German son-of-an-asshole-bitch is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of shit!" - George S. Patton

I honestly like those changes, both auto-roads and limited uses for workers. The only problem I have is lack of automation, both for workers and cities, because late game you need it unless you want to waste your time planning useless cities you captured.

I do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men.

The spread of civilisation may be likened to a fire; first, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.

>a couple possibly useful ones from Tesla

>The only problem I have is lack of automation
I agree, if they went all the way back to civ 3 when you could just assign governors to manage your 10+ irrelevant (except for their strategic resources etc) captured cities that wold be a great improvement. Hell even production queuing would be nice, I usually just start them building a 50 turn project and forget about it

Mod Trump in thank you.

we're waiting for the mod tools to do that, many gameplay mods so far cause crashes because we don't know how to mod properly yet

>i love civ but fuck me districts were literally the only major game change

workers got a revamp, so did roads

also civics tree and those boosts to research

cartography has to do with the creation of maps based on mathematics, not on imperialistic hunger for African lands

What are the best mods for Beyond Earth? Never played it, just installed it.

Than.

pastebin.com/bN46pjc2

Here's the current list of quotes.

bump

I am fond of the air conditioning that brought down the kilimanjaro's wifi's wife.

I really like Civ VI. It's much better than V, because it actually bothered to include the core game mechanics outside of DLC this time, and the music is absolute godtier..

but the quotes all fall a little flat. It really does seem like tangentially related reddit-tier shit this time around, to get a dumb laugh, rather than the actually historically valid quotations.

Far too much "I looked up the word pottery and found this 19th century quote by an American writer, and less "Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it: what makest thou?"

They're just all less fitting.

Yeah, that's the main reason I'm doing this

Eiffel Tower: “Liberty,” boomed Wednesday, as they walked to the car, “is a bitch who must be bedded on a mattress of corpses.” - Neil Gaiman.

Are you going to voice them?

I may voice some, but I'd like it to be a mix of the voices of Sup Forums, plus some snippets of the person saying the actual quote in some cases, if it's clean audio. For example, I'm going to use the sound clip of Oppenheimer saying "I am become death". Most, however, will just be whoever posts a vocaroo

That's a damned good idea. Godspeed, leaf

Thanks. I don't know if the voices are even a go yet, though. In the current state they're practically impossible to edit, so I'm banking on the mod tools to have a way to edit sound when they are finally released. I certainly hope I can, otherwise this mod is kind of pointless

Globalization:

"Jews will play a leading role in multicultural Europe" - Barbara Lerner Spectre

You can YouTube the audio for this one

>Why are you having fun?

And you can't see why this is a retarded question Sven?

Suffrage:"Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we'll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner..." - Edmund Blackadder

One of the nuclear related ones:

"I would say that I was absolutely convinced of the possibility of our making a uranium engine but I never thought that we would make a bomb
and at the bottom of my heart I was really glad that it was to be an engine and not a bomb. I
must admit that."
" - Werner Heisenberg

Social Media:
>No one is being paid to shill for Hillary by the way. It's a Republican-funded lie and a pathetic attempt to smear her campaign.
- anonymous.

Rocketry/Military Engineering:
>When he wants more thrust, Ivan doesn't look for a fancy propellant with a higher specific impulse. He just builds himself a bigger rocket. Maybe he's got something there.
John D. Clark, "Ignition".