Better Lex?

With Justice League on the way, lets look back at our previous Lex Luthors. Who was better? Is it nostalgia? Who would like to see in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQqEuqvCig
youtube.com/watch?v=08z-D9jkAQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Who is better
The one that isn't a creepy sexual predator.

Powerful men get what they want. It's very much in character for Lex.

Then Singer should've included a scene where Lex throatfucks Jimmy Olsen for the hell of it.

Hackman

Rosenbaum

Knowing that both Spacey and Singer rape little boys makes the number of times they've worked together highly suspect.

There's Clancy Brown and Michael Rosenbaum, then there's everyone else.

And below all of them is Jesse Eisenberg.

Anyone ever notice

Actors I would have liked to see as Lex
>Mark Strong
>Billy Zane
>Bryan Cranston
>Ralph Fiennes
>Arnold Vosloo

>Man of Steel sequel comes out
>older businessman introduces himself to Clark during a social function
>"I don't believe we've met. Lex Luthor Sr."

It would be so fucking easy.
Just do the obvious thing for once Warner Bros I beg you.

This could be really statisfying but won't probably happen.

Depends on whether or not you want your Lex to have an undercurrent of "NAMBLA" or not.

Oh, shit, that's right. Spacey was SINGER'S Lex, wasn't he? Guess he must have been invited to the hot tub parties then.

Spacey felt unintimidating as Lex. He would've been much better if he was allowed to downplay it more.

Hackman wasn't necessarily intimidating, but there was always that aura of threat in how much he talked himself up. He at least felt like he had something up his sleeve all the time, like he was about to do something pre-planned. Superman II took away that feeling, but to be fair he was next to Zoe.

Hackman also was running off of much more Silver Age Lex, who was a much different, somewhat goofier character who rarely wore anything but prison jumpsuit.

Business Lex was a creation of the 80s.

To this day I'm mad Telly Savalas never got to be Lex.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQqEuqvCig

Actually, it seems damn likely, given nuLex and how he was received, and the fact they even namedropped Lex and made him (outside 'abominations') sound like he was the traditional one.

They won't. It would be Eisenburg bald and in a suit going on about how prison "chaned him for better". I hope or else we're going to get more Lex doing cartwheels through his lair and farting

The right answer.

why? I never noticed how much the Justice league cartoon version of Lex looked and sounded like Telly.

>>Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey are both rapists
>>Both were YTMND memes

>implying any actor could top this Lexkino
youtube.com/watch?v=08z-D9jkAQU

Spacey was wasted in a "retro" homage/sequel, he could easily have played a completely modern Lex in a reboot

Same for Routh, I guess. He felt too young for the seasoned Superman he was supposed to be playing, but right for a reboot like the original plan

Superman will--

I mean, they made baby Lex have such a big father complex it would actually work out well. Like, you've dealt with the fuck up son, now time to face the dude he was so scared of

>Bryan Cranston
Everyone says this, but wouldn't he be a much better Commissioner Gordon?

>YTMND
In a weird way it bothers me that the site is still up. Who is even using it anymore? Just die already.

Honestly? Nah, after BB he totally could pull off the calm and collect yet frighteningly powerful Lex

People complain about Hackman's Luthor being too goofy, but outside of Otis and Mrs. Tessmacher being his idiot goons he's actually a pretty ice-cold Luthor.

Dude murders a reporter with a subway train and his response to Tessmacher asking why so many people have to die for his real estate plot is

>Why does the phone always ring when you're in the bathroom? Just bad luck, Mrs. Tessmacher

There's definitely goofy stuff in there, but he's not the clown people seem to remember him as, at least in the first one.

Walter White is basically Lex with less money. Incredibly smart but much too arrogant and egoistic for how smart he is, blames the world for his lot in life and is incapable of looking internally, cannot appreciate anything he has and always wants more, etc. The main difference is that White begins the story powerless and Lex begins the story powerful, but as soon as you introduce Superman into the picture Lex is relatively speaking as powerless as White. Any Lex part written for him would always be less complex than WW and I understand him rejecting the idea based on worrying about the bald thing, but the two characters are so similar I have no problem believing he would do great at it.

Spacey was near perfect Lex Luthor.

Shame he was in a movie with possibly the worst evil villain plan.