What books were as close to prefect as you can get. Pic related

What books were as close to prefect as you can get. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/1176-off-the-dl-the-return-of-howard-porter.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eh, I've been reading and it didn't really seem to find its place until the latter half of Rock of Ages. Those first issues, and even the first of of RoA are mostly just okay.

Everything after is perfection, though.

New World Order is fantastic and would be a perfect JLA movie.

It was already adapted.

This.

It's a well made comic but to me the perfect comic would have more new things to offer. This is the comic that made status quo king for the Justice League and made sure every roster since has been almost the same.

Not directly, and just more evidence that it would work as a feature film.

I dunno if you could consider anything with early Howard Porter art perfect.

Yeah, disregarding the anatomy and those faces, a lot of composition and paneling was kind of meh to shit. I don't know how Porter's art evolved once he started working on Flash and other post JLA projects but I think his current art is vastly superior to his JLA work.

I dunno what you guys are talking about, aside from a few wonky faces I don't think Porter has ever been better.

Several of the later issues were decompressed to hell and barely anything happened in them. Unlike the early issues, Ellis didn't really fill in those issues with setting history to make up for it.

Great taste

JLA wasn't even the best superhero book DC did at that time.

Also, everybody forgets the Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre.

Seriously?

but not weapons of the metabaron

That's a damn good book. Easily my favorite Superman knock off, even better than Supreme.

It saddens me to this day that this didn't become an on-going

Those mary marvel drawings made me into something else....

My man. Truly a gem for all times

Great comic
Vertigo was the one of the only lights in the dark decade of the 2000s

Not that user, but yes. As an overall story, Annihilation is about as perfect as cosmic can get.

My African-American.

Yeah, it's a shame that Johns pushed Origin so hard. I think NWO would've been great.

I know some people hated this but I liked it

>I don't know how Porter's art evolved once he started working on Flash and other post JLA projects

He got nerve damage in his hand to the point that he never regained feeling in his thumb and after quitting comics to become a school bus driver he eventually learned how to draw with a new grip.

newsarama.com/1176-off-the-dl-the-return-of-howard-porter.html

this was a breeze to read
non-stop fun

The Sinestro Corps War was the perfect clusterfuck

Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol. Bizarre, surreal, near incomprehensible and I absolutely loved it.

You have to not mind 80s art, but it's a great read.

Fuck the question returns though

The ending was perfect i love her..

She was without a doubt the best character(s).

This. It's the only comic I kept besides Morrison's Animal Man and Moore's Swamp Thing

love it

literally helped me turn my life around. I've been working out 3 hours a day/5 days a week for about 6 months now because of this and don't plan on stopping. Not even so I can be strong just so I can help people.

My favorite thing of all time.

Who here has read my favourite cape comic run?

This page especially was a big part of me deciding not to go down the route my teenage best friend did and become a cynical NEET. The message of 'Try' is not anywhere near prominent enough in media, especially those aimed towards teenagers, imo.

He follows me on Twitter and it makes me smile.

my man

I think this could be a great film and notwithstanding the fact that WB Animation and WB Studios seems to feel that they can't compete with feature film animation adaptations (save for throwing their money in with Lego), I still believe this would make an excellent (animated) feature film - that could be longer and thus adapt more of the story. I think they could even turn it into a good two parter, to really differentiate it from the exiting animated film.

I'm also of the belief it would make a good live action theatrical release, I just don't think they would spend the money on a period piece based DCU work (until they do a few more things like Wonder Woman and I'm not sure they will, save any Elseworld interpretations they pull off.) For that matter, I think the way to really make Billy work would be to set him in a timeless, Art Deco style era similar to the art work on Thunderworld, in a 1950s alternate Earth, and that way they don't have to worry about a connected universe or a far different tone. But I doubt they'll do anything that interesting since Cereal Lord still wants them to adapt his shitty canon.

I don't know about being a good knock-off avatar for Clark. I liked a lot of things about it, it really meandered towards the end of the run, however, after some really interesting ideas at the start. The art work got really bleh as well.