Can we have a thread for dark and weird animated material? I'm interested in seeing something old fashioned and strange...

Can we have a thread for dark and weird animated material? I'm interested in seeing something old fashioned and strange. Some of you may be familiar with Watership Down as a famous example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_f9wwzh9f8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX76l7ZsZ_A
youtube.com/watch?v=nwz3XutQSGY
youtube.com/watch?v=XlLBX4EIlJY
youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8
youtu.be/ptGOvk262io
youtube.com/watch?v=4h1lRqUBuSI
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=4i7bAC2Y_XI
youtube.com/watch?v=DQt8CqVPNC4
youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
youtube.com/watch?v=ipt5GHWHsw0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Underrated

>google it
>see this

wew lad

This is one of the tamer screenshots desu

The Plague Dogs was the better book and adaptation by the same author.

Felidae boasts the only animated scene that I know with real cat sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=r_f9wwzh9f8

This movie being fucked over by dumb reviewer memes will never not piss me off. It and Black Birds are great.

Looks like a better Emoji Movie.

I haven't seen the movie yet. Animation looks crap, but the violence and unPCness makes me interested.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX76l7ZsZ_A

Samson and Sally. It's overall a hopeful movie, but it does tackle themes relating to dealing with hopelessness and coming to terms with mortality and injustice. And it certainly has a lot of weird/bizarre moments, like a wacky musical scene that ends in the characters being fucked up by radioactive waste.
youtube.com/watch?v=nwz3XutQSGY
The oil slick scene also freaked me out as a kid.

More like total garbage.

You might like Cat Soup. It's only 30 minutes youtube.com/watch?v=XlLBX4EIlJY lots of strange and bizarre visuals and basically no dialogue.

Fuck didn't mean to reply to Samson and Sally is a good movie though.

t. casual

Watch Plague Dogs. It's made by the same people.

Someone else beat you to the post.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ

The Tragedy of Man. It's pretty fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8

Are you open to weeb shit?

Watership Down
Animals of Farthing Wood
Plague Dogs
When the wind blows.

Yeah, British animated stuff were pretty fucked up back then.

brap

Is this the American "Midori"?

Midori is unironically better. Where the dead go to die is fucking garbage. But to more directly answer your question, the subject matter is similar but the tone is much different. WTDGTD acts like it's a comedy. Midori is played very seriously.

>In a commentary, Jimmy ScreamerClauz noted that he was high on pot cookies while making the film.
dropped.

t. faggot
Fuck off with our piece of trash movie.

That would a lot Ralph Bakshi movies. Coonskin being a good example.

Isn't it meant to be a satire of 2deep4u horror? Basically a Halloween episode of XRA?

The way I've always heard it explained, the film was supposed to be straight-up horror but after the creator realized his CG work was garbage, he altered the tone be somewhat satirical. Either way, the movie is still shit.

Satire is supposed to be clever.
It's an edgy teenager's cringeworthy attempt at surreal horror.

u seem mad

I consider Sealed with a Kiss to be the american Midori.

It's not really meant to be anything, and that's the best thing about it. I'm not scared by most horror because I can analyze it and give it meaning, i.e. put it down on my level. Understanding something is not scary. But something that has no real meaning and throws random disturbing stuff at the wall simply because it can? This is the stuff of my nightmares. This movie is so irrationally aggressive, I love and hate it at the same time.

This?

Yep. To me it feels similar to Midori because it was made by one guy in his basement and I can't really figure out why.

Would you consider this dark or weird?

>fun fact: this was animated on a xbox kinect

OMFG, thank you for this. Also, what's the demon guy at the very bottom left-hand corner?

The Nightmare King from Little Nemo in Slumberland.

Both, but mostly French and hipster.

Cool, thanks, man.

youtu.be/ptGOvk262io

Don't watch this fucking trailer

Why should I be mad? I enjoy laughing at retards who said that it's 10/10 amazing animated thriller.

aaw man little nemo was the shit!

This.

I'm not looking for shitflinging, I just want to understand one thing. What do people see in Heavy Metal 2000?

You know, that's one of the few films in that list I actually haven't seen.

Tits

lel

>Reiniger
My sense of humor really never developed past the high-school years.

Oh hey. Somebody posted it who isn't me this time. Thankyou.

Definitely give Felidae a watch, there's much, much more to it than the meme scene (). It has this very unique mixture of comfy-creepy feels that makes me keep coming back to it. Great movie.

Yeah I respect whoever makes these

Oh actually I updated this one. I took off Rikki Tikki Tavi because even though I love it, it was the only short on there and I thought it'd be more uniform if they were all feature length.

Sometimes when I look at that pic I picture a person. Pic related.

Literally nobody ever said that, but it is a nice cinematiic experience. I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Unironically yes.
It's amazing how underrated this movie is, I haven't even been able to find 2 of its 3 songs uploaded fucking anywhere on the internet.

When The Wind Blows

youtube.com/watch?v=4h1lRqUBuSI

I assure you, this is 90% stopmotion and therefore Sup Forums.

huh well I'm curious

The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb

I didn't expect to get so involved in the plot of this movie, it was great

What would the polar opposite of this image have? Video Brinquedo movies? Dingo Pictures? Bulgarian Treasure Planet? Those Korean mecha rip offs?

I wonder when the remake is gonna hit. They seems to have a pretty impressive cast of actors doing the voices.

Maybe one of you guys can answer this. When I was young I saw some cartoon movie about two very small guys and darkness was taking over or something. The darkness was drawn in a rough pencil style I think. Any idea what this was?

Man, that might be scary if I could actually fucking see what's happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

fuck Pixar for pulling the plug.

Little Nemo is really only good for the first dream sequence and shouldn't be on that list. I'm also skeptical about putting the Brave Little Toaster on that list because the first half is so weak (second half is solid though).

I'll take your suggestion into consideration.

this

It started out strong, but it just ended up so mediocre in my opinion.

I don't have anything dark but I have this odd masterpiece right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=4i7bAC2Y_XI

youtube.com/watch?v=DQt8CqVPNC4 i've always thought chirins design at the end of this was the coolest looking shit ever

When The Wind Blows is horrifying and on youtube

I havent seen Zootopia but holy shit what the fuck
Is there still major racial undertones in the movie?

Fuck me, it could have had so much more depth...

youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

Animal Apartheid was such great concept i feel sorry they had to scrap it so late

the movie was like 40% done but they couldnt figure out the ending.

Shit, I forgot about Sanrio for a second.

Yes, the movie is still clearly about racism and prejudice. It's just less of a horrifying dystopian plot.

It's an edgy retard throwing random dumb shit. You have low standards in surreal horror if that piece of garbage is true horror for you.

Mind's Eye?

youtube.com/watch?v=ipt5GHWHsw0

Fuck, this looks like it owns, just like Where the Dead Go to Die.

Shit like this and Kuso are such pleb filters when it comes to horror fans.

>dystopian
>horrifying

Actually it pretty funny, they released more storyboards couple of days ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

It's conceptually horrifying, the idea of a percentage of a population required to wear shock collars to suppress their emotions. But it still would've been a Disney film anyway.

The Mondo dub for that was awesome. I'd love it if they put their clips back on YouTube. I watched the railcart action scene at the end of the movie dozens of times, and the android was awesome, especially his fight with the blue guys in the middle of the movie. It's a shame it's not mentioned on Sup Forums more often.

yea the android bits were pretty rad.
I just watched it for the first time last month, thinking it was some clasky csupo inspired anime since it was listed on crunchyroll
I had to show it to one of my friends since she's a huge fan of Dick Figures

>pleb filter
More like pleb identifiers since only plebs could enjoy that trash.

You're blowing things out of proportions.People put these things on their dogs and no one flinches.

I actually do have some objection to the use of these on dogs, but that discussion belongs on /an/.

You might dig THE MAXX.