CAN SOMEONE REDPILL ME ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS

East coast fag here, whats the deal with daylight savings? Sick of it

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/does-daylight-saving-times-save-energy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It makes the day longer to increase global warming

it's shit

Traditionally it was pretty important because you didn't have lighting everywhere.

Nowadays it's mostly to stop it going dark at 3pm and increasing the amount of car accidents.

Not as relevant as it used to be with the shift towards office jobs and international trade.

That said, Seasonal Affective Disorder is a thing. I suggest getting a lamp for it.

so kids dont have to stand at a school bus stop in the dark

yea but you would still get up an hour earlier to make use of the light....

Has zero use in today's world since we have electricity.

not if you naturally wake up when the sun rises

It was more useful for farmers. Getting up an hour after the sun was a waste of daylight in the spring, and conversely getting up an hour before the sun in the fall made it hard to see.

why we still do it I have no idea

Its for farmers so they don't have to get up in the dark

Is farming the real reason? Or is there a deeper reason behind it? Just seems crazy its still in effect

()

Supposedly saved lamp oil during WWII or something.

Rumors that studies were done and it does not actually save lamp oil or power.

I've never bothered to look it up.

Like most "something for nothing" schemes, it doesn't work.

move the anchor of the day from noon to sunrise time. So at least the morning commute will be guaranteed in sunlight.

It's supposed to help with saving electricity by shifting the day to an hour earlier in the day.
Yet this causes night to arrive earlier and most of the electric consumption is realized on 1st few hours of night (relative to morning darkness) hence we omitted it as a country starting this year.

Yeah which i dont mind. But id much rather drive in the morning in dark and drive home while its still light out

what kind of a stupid fucking

>australia

well done m8

I could have sworn not long ago I read a study that claims daylight savings somehow reduces crime rates.

The article was probably fake. And most likely quite gay.

daylight savings times sees millions of people changing their clocks simultaneously, producing enormous ritual energy for time magic. Think of it like proto-meme magic.

With this ritual, enforced by the government, They have been able to split the timeline to Their benefit for decades. However we have refined the process, and do not require the amount of ritualistic energy to do the same thing, allowing us to shift the timeline to our benefit, such as exposing the moloch worshipers, Brexit, and Trump winning tomorrow.

It's a jewish ploy. Studies show that people are more productive at work during daylight hours. This is why dalight savings time now starts in March and end in November. When it should be starting on the equinoxes

That's a lot to ask if you live at high latitudes where sunrise can vary by several hours over the course of the year.

This is the answer i was really looking for

The latitude of India is so far removed from places that need daylight savings.

Don't get a dentist to do a gynaecology test.

I gave a very broad definition but it sums it that business want more productivity obviously. Didnt really start digging into this until I went to Japan. They don't have that shit there and their workers are productive throughout the whole year. So why bother with it here?

Jewish tricks my friend.

lmao whyte folccs

It all makes sense

That's only true if cows can read a clock. The sun gets up when it gets up. It has only an adverse affect on farmers. They never asked for it and never wanted it.

And *this* limited mindset is precisely why the few remaining indians are on worthless plots of desert reservations while the silly white man is sending robots all over the solar system.

nice fingerboard on the desk

"Serious" use of analogies should be penalized by corporal punishment imo

fingerbox

It helps farmers who couldnt work the fields without light. Giving them an hour early start helps them get to banks or whatever other businesses they need to conduct at the end of the day before they close

So was it for the farmers originally then jews said lets keep it going?

>hence we omitted it as a country starting this year.

Suddenly, I have a respect for turks

It saved on coal ages ago when there was a shortage. Now it's an archaic nuisance that should be abolished. Iran used to have the method from what I heard that they just decided to start working an hour later or earlier without changing the clock. I think that sounds way smarter.

Arizona doesn't have daylight savings it's pretty great

Jews did it.

We uncucked ourselves recently and so should you — but please stay on summer time, this brings us 1 hour closer together.

My state voted against it, but wouldnt it be weird if individual states were to get rid of it? Why not just abolish it like slavey

Makes night come sooner in winter and later in summer.

I see nothing wrong with it.

It was created when most people worked outside instead of a lit office.

For carpenters/farmers it's pretty useful.

Why not just notify workers they need to show up an hour early/late the next day?

Thats exactly how they want people to think

Farmers are against it you sebaceous fishmonger.

Sack up. Just do it.

The clocks are rigged.

Supposed to save electricity, ends up costing more electricity.
scientificamerican.com/article/does-daylight-saving-times-save-energy/

Textbook leftist drivel ruining civilisation across the world once again.

I was always told it was to aid working men to get ready for a day's work.