MERA Gets Her First-Ever Solo Title

MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #1
Written by DAN ABNETT
Art by LAN MEDINA
Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
Variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
From the pages of AQUAMAN comes a brand-new adventure starring Mera, in her own title for the first time ever!
As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile. But when Aquaman’s brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland’s fate, he’ll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!
On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/37302-mera-gets-her-first-ever-solo-title.html#sthash.qF93cQlw.uxfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Finally

That's pretty cool! I was never an Aquaman fan but I'll check it out

Mera-barda and --- ?? , We need a Trinity

W-Waifu.

>But when Aquaman’s brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland’s fate, he’ll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!

First time we see Orm since that tease of "Rise of the Seven Seas".

Picked the fuck up.

WAY ahead of you user, Abigail Arcane

Ah yeah
I'm on board

Abigail stopped fucking Swamp Thing and started fucking Alec Holland.

Slut.

They're the same guy?

What could it possibly be about that wouldn't step on Aquaman's toes?

Oh god I hope they don't break Arthur and Mera up.

Are we finally getting the Seven Seas?

In fucking years

No, no, no, no.

The Swamp Thing that Abigail knew, that fell in love with her, was a plant with Alec Holland memories. This Swamp Thing died and Alec Holland resurrected. Abigail started fucking Holland since then.

Wasn't Orm's deal that he wanted Arthur to be king?

Lois.

I'm not caught up, but isn't she in the League now and Arthur's not? Could be about League missions and her internal conflicts of adjusting to being on a team.

Me too user. I'm all for more focus on Mera/female heroes, but I think Mera and Arthur are a great example about how a relationship ISN'T a detriment to male or female characters.

Well, that was only a matter of time. Honestly surprised it took this long.

Nice, Aquaman is on my to-read list and Abnett writing it makes me hopeful.

Well doesn't that compliment their entire theme/relationship? Life, death, rebirth, an endless cycle.

Whered ypu find this

Looks interesting. Hopefully all the "synergy" from the garbage fire, I'm sorry, Justice League movie won't get pushed in by corporate and strangle the series before it gets going.

Then again, all that cocaine for the WB executive suites won't buy itself...

>BEEEENDIIIISSS

Can't wait for the "Orm did nothing wrong" "bro's before hoes" crew to get a hold pf this

>tfw no Lois Lane book in which she goes on adventures with Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin and Jimmy Olsen

He probably got it from newsarama.com

Orm's gonna be the bad GUY

Yeah, but he'll take the crown if Arthur doesn't want it (which, if you've read the latest issue, he doesn't).
Orm's deal seemed more that he didn't think Atlantis, and Arthur, had the respect they deserved and he hated the surface because of that.

Stop talking about movies, Sup Forums.

Still pissed Superwoman wasnt the adventures of Lois and Lana

newsarama.com/37302-mera-gets-her-first-ever-solo-title.html#sthash.qF93cQlw.uxfs

>FC, 1 of 6

nigga, this is a mini

I'm thinking something will happen to Arthur, if she's Queen in Exile and Orm runs back to save Atlantis it has to be because Arthur gets fucked in some way.

If this happens, I'm dropping Aquaman entirely. Arthur and Mera is one of the best cape couples out there, and the dynamic is solid

She knew Alec before she knew that Swamp Thing, plus Alec is the real Swampy soooo it doesn't count.

She truly loved Alec.

I never knew I wanted this

Arthur, not Mera.

We don't know what is up with Arthur when this story starts or what his status is.

An ideal Lois book would be a primarily comedic done in one adventure series where Lois goes around getting the hot scoop on various happenings in the DCU.

Since this would not involve the protagonist punching things drawn out over seven issues of boring fight scenes, this is unacceptable to the comic reading public.

Also, the Mera book is going to sell like shit because it doesn't have anything to do with Batman.

>She knew Alec before she knew that Swamp Thing
I'm pretty sure she never knew Alec. Alec was a happily married man until he died, remember?

She only knew the plant that thought it was Alec.

too bad Scott is only the cover. . .
not that Medina isnt good, but I like Scott's work

I like new Orm, he is very likable

She did

I suggest artemis

Eh, thats debatable considering how long it took for Lois to even get married.
Love the pairing, but they're not even together yet

>Charles Soule writes Aquaman
>Mera dumps Arthur and starts fucking Garth
>Arthur has to hear then fucking in the royal bed while he waits outside the room

Retcons in the Snyder run.

More about Mera's past and Xebel. Her sister and Nereus.

Johns gave writers plenty to work with.

Lois
Not apart of a Trinity yet and you seem to be going for Best Girls together4ever with best boys.

Artemis isn't married or even together with Jason.

Well, that explains.

>Abigail stopped fucking Swamp Thing and started fucking Alec Holland.
When did that happen? New52?

>Eh, thats debatable considering how long it took for Lois to even get married.
It wasn't that long, man.

Post-Crisis started in 1986.

Lois and Clark started dating in 1990.

Got engaged in 1991.

Would have married in 1992, but Warner vetoed the idea due to "Lois and Clark". Superman ended up dying.

After death and return, Electric Superman, broken engagement, Last Night and shit, they ended up marrying in 1996, the same year and week in which Lois and Clark married in the TV show.

It would take them 6 years if not for synergy shit.

What happens to Lilith?

It didn't. N52 rebooted Swamp Thing.The old stories are no longer true. So they only met in the recent N52 volume.

New 52 referenced vast amounts of Old Swamp Thing continuity. You are incorrect

Huh? So post FP then right?

>The old stories are no longer true.
This is not true. The things did happen. Abigail makes that clear.

It is kinda complicated because Snyder's Swamp Thing isn't REALLY a reboot. It's a continuation of "Brightest Day".

Same here, he subverts the evil younger half-brother trope and him genuinely caring about Arthur makes him more sympathetic.

He's not jealous of Arthur like old Orm was, and he doesn't try to fuck with him like Loki does with Thor. He genuinely wanted Arthur to be King and only took the throne when Arthur didn't, and even then he wanted Arthur to rule besides him.

He is only at odds with him because Orm was King and he thought the surface dwellers had attacked them and as King he had to lool out for his people's interest.

Hopefully it's like this in the Aquaman movie and not cliche evil brother.

Ocean Master should join The Outlaws

plus Orm during that Forever evil issue showed that he's not a complete ass hole also his motivation to wage war with the surface was manipulated by Vulko who for some reason wasn't tried on the surface but Orm was. Also he gave the throne willingly to Arthur when he knew he fucked up.

Watch Dan forget he's actually with that woman and her kid now.

Just checked the artist
Final page better be her and Arthur in bed

Orm seems like a anti hero

Dan is usually a stickler for continuity so I'm sure he will most likely either have Orm leave them or try and take them with him after he gets the throne back.

Worst case scenario he kills them.

....Yeah I feel like that's gonna happen. Kinda sucks tho since the last time we saw him he's basically the step dad now and he no longer gave 2 shit about Atlantis.

There is only one correct answer.

Artemis isn't married or even with Jason

But again, shes not married, nor even in a relationship with Jason yet. So by default Artemis unfortunately doesn't qualify for the trinity

Since when did Mera have a fanbase? IJ2 bringing all these fans out of nowhere.

Finally some more Ocean Master, the superior Aquaman villain

Since Johns

Nice.

It's a symbolic thing with Aquaman fans if you like him you like her

Since "Blackest Night".

Before "Blackest Night", she was in comic limbo.

You know when people don't read comics.

If you like Aquaman, good chance you like Mera. Their marriage is one of the best in comics

Eh, Aquaman and Mera ain't my thi--
>Artgerm variant covers

Sign me the fuck up.

Is this a mini or an actual ongoing ? also haven't been up to date with Aquaman but is he porking Dolphin or someshit?

Fuck off cunt

Since Johns brought her to the spotlight.

Sooo Blackest Night and Brightest Day. Only got strengthened when Johns wrote Aquaman since that book actually sold well.

Thanks. Interesting. I've heard good things about Aquaman rebirth.
I don't read everything user

The comic might be because of synergy or whatever but Sup Forums always liked Mera.

People who like Aquaman tend to like Mera.

Mini. 6 issues.

And no, Aquaman isn't cucking Mera with Dolphin. At least not in this continuity.

>Aquaman isn't cucking Mera with Dolphin.
Oh thank god, in the off chance Garth and Lilith break up (which I hope they don't) I never liked the whole Arthur and Garth were eskimo brothers.

You should read Johns Aquaman

>Art by LAN MEDINA
Not ideal but a decent choice.

I doubt it.

The latest issue of Aquaman has Arthur realizing that he's a better Superman type hero of Atlantis than an actual ruler.
>As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile.
Makes me think that Arthur being alive is reveled but instead of becoming King again he declares Mera Queen while he fights Rath and his forces in Atlantis as The Aquaman.

I'm also positive there was something with the leader of the Secret School in Atlantis saying something in a super evil manor recently about Mera becoming Queen but I can't seem to find the page/panel.

PLEASE DON'T GO FULL-MEDUSA, ABNETT

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT GO FULL-MEDUSA.

How about we don't put horrible people?

Wait what ? I thought the last time we saw him was in the villains month issue where he goes back to save that woman and kid

Also. How do you guys feel about Momao 's version? Seems like a tryhard
Thanks i will

I can seriously see Meta surpassing Aquaman in popularity. She has much more interesting powers that put her on the level of the league

I'm a little miffed that Sejic isn't on art, but if he's working on those Sunstone spinoffs, I understand.

I found the page.

Nah the last we saw him was Orm telling the kid bedtime stories and the (pseudo)King of wherever Mera is from telling Orm about the 7 kingdoms.

Eh, channeling 90s Aquaman, but I guess its okay. Won't know for sure until seeing the movie.