Why are cities usually overwhelmingly liberal?

Why are cities usually overwhelmingly liberal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Less whites.

More niggers.

/thread

smarter people

Living in them turns you insane

More cucks

Africa has cities?

Because that is where our outdated farm equipment resides..and even though democrats were lynching their relatives just 50 years ago, the promise of free shit is just too hard to pass up.

High population density causes mental problems

Smart people generally live in cities
Dumb fucks who vote against their own interests generally live in rural areas

Close contact with other people helps you realize they're not a race but individuals, while being in an urban center helps you realize the importance of taxes to maintain public utilities like roads as well as fostering a willingness to work together.

Because cities shelter people from reality.

More fuckbois.

>niggers
>smart

They think thier shit crumbling infrastructure is representative of the entire country, so the vote for more taxes.

I had the opposite experience, non-white cities are dirty and dangerous.

Cosmopolitanism and a lack of awareness of the real causes of issues and effects and ramifications of their "solutions"

You have to be dependent on the city for everything including transportation, food, water, sanitation etc... in the country you're more self dependent. Its only natural city folks will cater to bigger government involvement. Its all they know.

>ITT: Sup Forums is full of children

Urban areas by their nature require more planning and centralization than rural ones. It's hardly surprising that residents therefore would feel the need to cross apply that logic to other areas, just as the rural populace purports values of self-sufficiency and freedom that can't in earnest exist in an environment where resources (space especially) is scarce.

The only places that's not true is some massive farming operation. Your little suburb has the same issues, just with people who refuse to pay money to fix it.

It is because they rely more on government.

People who live outside the cities tend to be more self-sufficient.

Basically Hunger Games. Big cities have almost nothing in common with rural areas, yet they think they deserve to control them. At the root level, cities aren't self-sufficient - they need to truck in food from rural farmers, so their lizard brain will always vote for gov't centralization.

Because most well educated, steadily employed, professional people live in cities.

Because they usually comprise the best educated and most intelligent population.
Smart people naturally flock to cuties for education and career opportunities. Meanwhile dumb hicks stay in their trailers

Cities are rife with minorities who can't bear the thought of not getting government handouts.

Which came first, the chicken or tge egg? Riding on DubwY today I was wondering if cities may have had more of an impact in regards to the rise of leftism than I may have given it credit for. Cant wait to leave this pussofied leftist shit hole(Im not from here)

what is a 401k?

Cities are where people are the most likely to be rude and uncaring of others. The real reason is that cities are shown to be exciting so young people flock there. Young people are overwhelmingly liberal because they don't understand the dangers of the world.

Because that's where all the useless dumb "educated" people who aren't self-reliant live.

free shit

Immigrants don't move to rural areas, they come to the country and stay in cities. That's why the left wants open borders.

here's your (you)

>yet they think they deserve to control them
More populous areas are more represented in a democratic system. How is that surprising?

Because they're like giant toilet bowls whose size attracts all the shit of humanity.

These.

Plus agriculture and industry is mostly situated in rural areas. Mass immigration has pushed wages down (more workers applying for same jobs = less negotiating power for workers).

Free trade, combined with stricter environmental regulations has caused highly polluting industries to pack up and go pollute elsewhere; while individual people are expected to front the bill to fix the environment that they had nothing to do with destroying.

That's not to say conservative politicians make things any better. They are in bed with the same people, and their policies can fuck people over too, BUT at least they'll leave you the fuck alone.

Whereas most liberals are collectivist, nationalist, cucks and need to fuck the fuck off. Ideally, I would vote for a non collectivist, non nationalist liberal nearly 100% of the time, but they seem to have gone extinct.

Educated people

Except that's wrong. The reason suburbs have been growing so fast is because people have been fleeing from the city to live in suburbs. You don't "need" more planning and centralization. Most people feel that they need less, which is why people living in suburbs are happier than those living in the city.

Explain college towns.

Fewer* you nigger.

I have lived in cities most of my adult life (including London for 3 years)

You retards seem to forget that it also draws the worst of the worst.

My experience of cities is that it is mostly filled with self-entitled whiny pussies who think they are somehow better than those in the country side.

You are reliant on these people for almost everything, yet you shit on them?

When shit hits the fan, those in the cities will die first. You will scurry to the country side like cockroaches begging the "hillbillies" to save you.

1. You can feel the importance of co-existing peacefully with other people
2. You have more money so you understand the importance of a stable economy
3. You're more educated so you think more about the future
4. You're not a nihilist hickster

This.

City life is comfy and safe and the majority of the human population has any inkling of what it takes to survive without 4 walls and a roof, and instant food and water on demand.

Stannis pls

Lack of individual fulfillment

I think that centre-right parties generally are less likely to make sweeping, brash economic/social decisions, and as a result they spend a lot less (at least it is that way here) and impact my way of life a lot less.
They also seem to occasionally win some freedom for me, and sometimes there's a few decent fellows in the Senate that actually fight for what is right. The past decade here has generally been the centre-right cleaning up the effects of massive, retarded decisions made by the left when they were lucky enough to get voted in.

This
I noticed this shit when I was a kid
All fucking weirdos and freaks are attracted to cities like flies to a shit. Hicks might be uneducated alcoholics, but at least they act decently.

Because it's a hell of a lot easier to rig votes there.

>Why are cities usually overwhelmingly liberal?
They are the greatest and most prioritized targets of leftist propaganda as it is these areas that are flooded with migrants therefore the resistance has to be removed. The most effective way of doing this is brainwashing the population with multikulti/diversity is strength bullshit so the part of their brain which deals with threat atrophies and leaves all resistance flipped to be active encouragement. Propaganda which uses identity politics and peer pressure also have greater success in high density areas due to human communication and a want to belong pushed to a higher psychological requirement than that of more independent peoples of towns and villages who have already been detached from massive groups of people for years and are more in tune with the legitimate needs of the local community,

HUD

/thread

Public sector unions
Blacks

Two groups the dems can deal with wholesale.
One with friendly contract negotiations and one with a simplistic message and the promise of free stuff.

One provides manpower one provides easily herded raw votes.

>1. You can feel the importance of co-existing peacefully with other people
Oh you mean the importance of treading on egg shells because you don't want to offend the new culture forced on you that will cut your head off if you step out of line? Good one. Co-existing is a natural product of being surrounded by those with the same national identity and values when you have to cite it as important to maintain harmony there is clearly something wrong with the mixing demographics.

>tfw grew up in extremely conservative rural area
>moved to liberal (relatively) big city for work a few years ago
>thought I would hate it
>was pleasantly surprised to find out I enjoy it

Still personally right wing as fuck and I want to move back to the country some day, but not all cities are horrible. Just get past the politics and they can be pretty neat.

read spengler nigger

SONIC'S ARMS ARE BLUE GODDAMMIT

Are you implying that suburbs aren't highly planned?

And that the reason that predominantly wealthy populations have been shifting to suburban areas over 50 years isn't because of urban poverty? Because that by itself contributes heavily to the the political divergence of the two groups.

>feel that they need less
Those who do well in the system feel as though it isn't necessary.
>which is why people living in suburbs are happier
It's much more likely because they aren't poor.

>the importance of treading on egg shells because you don't want to offend the new culture forced on you that will cut your head off if you step out of line?
I think that's just a UK thing

Agreed, city life can be quiet freshing

People who cannot live independently congregate in cities.

Democrats are the part of Gibs me that, so go figure.

>You can feel the importance of co-existing peacefully with other people

There are thousands of people living in a few sq km yet very few people even know their neighbors and everyone mildly despises everybody else.

If someone gets mugged or attacked, most people just look the other way because they do not want to get involved.

In the country side there is a much deeper sense of community and people will actually go out of their way to help you, should you need it and vice versa.

Used to live in Cook county.

Our last two governors are in jail.

It's corrupt beyond belief.

It's also where Obongo came from

Fuck off namefag.

Larger populations are like cattle. Easy to control. They are squished together and have no space for themselves.

fpbp

Too intelligent to vote for le Drumpf

The issues the left prioritizes are most frequently experienced in, associated with, or relevant to cities.

- concentration of ethnic & sexual minorities creates excessive social tension, which the left addresses

- this concentration of stated minorities alongside the excess attention directed their way gives the illusion that they make up a larger segment of the population than they actually do

- higher rates of poverty combined with higher costs of living in cities lead to a gibsmedat mentality

- higher rates of poverty combined with higher costs of living in cities correlate with violent crime and drug use

- increased population density has a negative impact on an individuals sense of personal space, privacy, ownership, and security

- central planning and greater levels of government control typically exist in most cities. people in cities typically know nothing else, and thus think the same concepts should be applied to state and national government

- city dwellers have (for decades) been taught through schooling and propaganda to view people from outside the cities as backward racist sexist westboro baptist type uneducated white christians or inbred alcoholics whose judgement & opinion should be scrutinized and distrusted

--------------------

This is my opinion, based on having lived in a suburb at the edge of the city my entire life.

I can 100% guarantee you that map is not accurate and if it is, it is out of date.

I lived in dupage county, overwhelmingly liberal, and it is listed as red here. Retarded.

Its not just chicago thats blue, its all of chicagoland. Oh and theres also about 10 million people in those counties compared to the 2.5 million dispersed across the rest of the state.

People in cities don't invest as much in their community because the likelihood of meeting the same person on a daily basis is much lower.
They are also less likely to own their homes and more likely to migrate to another region, making them even less likely to invest in their community.
Lastly, cities are more hetereogenous, leading people to shut themselves in.

This leads high density regions to be full of people who are all anonymous to each other. And, because there is not a strong community, people will not be able to settle whatever they need to settle among themselves. Instead, they will need a third-party to do that, making them more likely to be liberal.

The focus of conservative parties is to build strong and tight communities. Such a thing is very difficult if not impossible in a city, so conservative-minded policies are useless in cities. Instead, policies which bypass the need for communal decisions and cooperation and allow people to surpass their heterogeneity (by "tolerating" instead of constantly criticizing each other), even at the cost of shutting in, are preferred.

people with brains, money, and affiliations with universities tend to be smarter aka humanists aka democrats

people from dumb fuck alabama are objectively lower class and less intelligent

>le nigger meme

Oh you mean like Germans? And at which point does all that intelligence stop them being butchered in the street by muslims that they invited? because they're so smart until it comes to understanding the basics of human nature apparently.

>le faggot meme

College educated young people who moved away from bodunk nowhere to a big city. They're more intelligent, and they're doing what they see/believe is the best course of action misguided or not.

>le librul young people don't understand the dangers of the world meme
The opposite is true. They're liberal because they've had to face obstacles unique to this generation.

Not an argument.

>most liberals are ... nationalist

you fucking wot, m8?

>College educated young people who moved away from bodunk nowhere to a big city. They're more intelligent
>more intelligent
>can't figure out why muslim immigration is bad
>completely ignorant to other cultures and legitimately believe the answer is hugs and compassion

No they're not more intelligent they have just bothered to acquire specific information attaining to a single subject of choice to make them more likely to land a job in a specific field i.e professionally regurgitating.

Illinois Governor Election Results by County, 2014

nuke chicago, that is all

Public transit, less distance from apartments to workplaces, closer to welfare service offices. Also where most major university campuses are, so you get all the young edgelords being indoctrinated.

Most whites can afford homes and get mortgages, which are usually in the suburbs outside of cities.

CONGREGATIONS OF NIGGERS AND KEKS.

While I realize that's the meme, I've never been there or met anyone from there IRL, so I couldn't say.

I mean, Alabama goes in the same bucket as Mississippi, Missouri, Indiana, and Louisiana from what I've heard or read.

IQ has far more to do with income than geography.

You know what America needs? A constitutional amendment that allows for literal city-states. Cities that are full fledged states. A few of these major metropolitan cities essentially act like a state already. I'm not sure what would be the minimum criteria to be eligible but New York City definitely shows signs of city-statedom.

List of United States cities by population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

New York, New York
8,550,405 people

Los Angeles, California
3,971,883 people

Chicago, Illinois
2,720,546 people

Houston, Texas
2,296,224 people

Top 4 largest US cities with over 2 million people

Why?

You're on to something.

Suburbs are fucoing shit tier. People only move there because its cheap

>mfw the capital of new york isn't new york

It's rare that a state's capitol is it's most populous city.

Separate the heavily leftest population from the rest of the state. Let these metropolitan urbanites have their leftest states.

Cities have their own problems, and they wish to project their supposed solutions on the whole country.

Like gun violence. It's a city / black people problem only. Yet they want to apply their solution to everyone bc theyre fucking retarded.

But what would be the purpose of separating the two? Simply to break them apart because they have different political leanings? That's inherently undemocratic, and that's despite the fact that rural populations in the United States are increasingly small, less than 20% of the population.

Migrants concentrate in the city because that's where you find social housing.
Newer migrants then flock to the city regardless of income because other migrants already live there.
Eventually there's nothing but migrants.
Migrants on average vote Democrat.

There you go.

Richer and smarter people

I feel like this stark divide is only going to worsen in the years to come.

Because you literally have to rely on others when you live in the city. There's no way you can be self reliant.

Whereas in the country, you used to *have* to be self-reliant to survive. You don't really have to be anymore, but there's enough vestiges from that time that country people are usually able to take care of themselves pretty well.

If you can take care of yourself, you don't want the government coming in to 'fix' things or 'take care of you.' Whereas if you have grown accustomed to relying on others to survive, you don't really care how much more infantalizing the government can get, because you're already an infant.

el CONGOlombiano

>but not too intelligent to spell the meme correctly

No one owns their own things like houses and cars, higher population density that uses government handouts, etc.