/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Rian Johnson KOTOR Trilogy Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E7/8: "Kindred/Crawler Commandeers" (Mon 6)
Star Wars #38 (Wed 8)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Kindred & Crawler Commanders
youtube.com/watch?v=wi8UaZ_pX30

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmx94cUVEY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QD6rVgbnVbA
imgur.com/gallery/YMdgO
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Piett, you fool.

meth wolves > loth wolves

Reminder that Respawn was bought by EA

who

...and?

They have 3 years to live, max.

...and?

Someone should shop a merchant in there.
Watto would do.

How did taking out the bridge destabilize the entire propulsion system

Before the unfortunate selloff.

How great would it of been for Grievous to have a Suspense Horror short film/series about him hunting jedi. And then one about Vader during the purge.

Praise them!

Needs a small pablo peeking out from Filoni's shoulder

I unironically can sense through the force that they have given Rian his own trilogy because the ST is not viable longterm. No one is going to care about Rey in five or ten years.

I fully believe that TLJ will not be that good, but I also believe that that won't be Rian's fault.
I'm exited for a good filmmaker to take on Star Wars again, without having to save the wreckage of something like TFA.

Lucasfilm hiring JJ for IX was a "fuck it, let's burn this trilogy off and move on" move.

If we tweeted this into the star wars show or at pablo or filoni or andi or something, do you think we could get someone to respond to it without noticing (or "without noticing") that JJ has been left out?

Why does everyone think Rian's going to be tackling Old Republic stuff?

This is 100% the reason, people are foolish to think otherwise. The spin-offs were the done-deal next step for Star Wars, much like other cinematic universes with completely separate and unique stories that would all somehow connect together with the main ones.

But the ST was botched by not being an actual jumping point for an era, but rather an expansion of the OT. So Lucasfilm are instead doing a separate trilogy to REALLY jumpstart some new content for the spin-offs to build from.

Stop kidding yourselves, you know Star Wars died the second The Mouse got his paws on it. Move on to something else, Star Wars is over.

Because it was a decent story that hasn't had much added to it since Kotor II. Too bad they didn't read the whole 'explore characters and areas not seen in the lore before' as if Kotor is somehow exempt from that fact.

go post somewhere else

Unironically this. Its a shame because J.J. killed it with the lack of unique imagery. Even the Sup Forums shitposters admit prequels are A E S T H E T I C as fuck. ST just has.... recolored TIE fighters, yay.

>TFW no Star Destroyer Venice

Prove it.

...Y'know, without sounding like a jackass.

Here's the other version too.

>Saber doesn't go through his chest
>No burn mark
>Even less "graphic" then people pretending to be stabbed by putting the blade in their armpit

Baby shit.

>I need to speak to Admiral Raddus
>He's returned to his ship!

How? Did they ever explain just how Raddus got to his ship? Did they develop Star Trek transporters?

What is this meme. Or do you just respond to a random user every thread with the same response.

Yeah, but with the EU wipe we technically know nothing about the state of the Old Republic in canon, not beyond a few fragments at least.

>ree why doesn't a vision look like real life

Shorts maybe. But making a series or whole film out of it would be dull; endless horror/action can get pretty grating, and wouldn't feel very Star Wars.

With the way its worded, its quite clear its not going to be anything established. Especially since Disney is aiming to make more original content rather than rehash old stuff.

Do you think it's possible that we'll get movies set in the KoToR timeline? Or is that just hope and rumors at the moment?

>Implying its better in any other episode

Show me one death that isn't a ship or offscreen explosion. EVERY SINGLE body moves when they "die", even the stormtroopers

i only recognize georgie and filoni.

IF they do old republic era stuff it'll be very, very different to the videogames.

The announcement explicitly says it's exploring places and characters we haven't ever seen before.

It's a show on a children's channel, why are you expecting gratuitous death scenes?

Maul

The most you will get is probably an EA-Bioware version.

Source: Apparently Bioware was working on a prototype for a new Kotor game.

Because its Star Wars. While all of Star Wars is for 12 year olds, that doesn't mean its limited to "kids stuff". Kids are very capable of understanding death and other themes. Star Wars has always been understanding of this until Rebels.

Rebels doesn't treat its audience like 12 year olds. Rebels treats its audience like 6 year olds, which is weird because they know only 40 year olds who live in their mom's basement watch it.

>A character who died because his lightsaber got cut in half
>No burn or lightsaber mark on him

wew

Pablo's kind of a cunt sometimes, huh?

Disney don't want to field angry letters and thinkpieces from an army of soccer moms.

It's never been about what kids can handle, it's what kids' parents think they can handle.

Not as bad as some of the ones that frequent the threads

>No burn or lightsaber mark on him
look again

smoke AND a slash wound

oh btw has smoke emanate from the wound too

This is likely true but the thing that saddens me most is that people will dish out money for a new trilogy. This bastard company has so much money that it's like a vast army of zombies.
You shoot a few down an they just keep coming.

It's such a fucking horrible feeling knowing that such great material is in the hands of such a hateful and cruel monster such as Disney.

The Thule team!

youtube.com/watch?v=QD6rVgbnVbA

Eye puns

Which is stupid. Just let Star Wars be Star Wars.

Star Wars can't be anything if it gets pulled off the channel or shunted to an unprofitable timeslot to appease complainers.

You mean like that new live action series that's gonna be exclusive to the streaming service?

Not him, btw. Don't even know why that popped in the head.

Maybe it only steered

That's probably going to target adults. Rebels explicitly targets children. It's made to appeal to a wide range of ages, but it airs on a children's TV channel and needs to adhere to content restrictions for a children's TV show.

Why is the Original Trilogy being Shoved Down Peoples Throats?!

What happened to Star Wars being fun and creative and covering multiple eras in it's history.

Clone Wars got eliminated. Rebels gets made as a shit replacment. The 2015 BF didnt have CW content. TOR got fucked over. Even action figures dont have any EU or CW merch.

Why does every book and comic now have to be some boring unneeded tie in comic or novel to a recent movie or the OT. Like half the shit that was in those books and info shouldve been in the movies. There was no point in making a book of a character if you cant even put it in a movie where it actually matters.

Why cant we get Old Republic, Clone Wars, and jedi origin stories. This is why the EU shouldve been left alone. It takes away VERY important shit.

Now were are getting a Han movie and recently had Rogue One another Death Star movie. (Was Ok movie thou, but still).

>Rian Johnson KOTOR Trilogy Edition

We can but hope.

iirc they expanded on that with fighters focusing executor's engines offscreen

>Clone Wars got eliminated. Rebels gets made as a shit replacment.
Disney had nothing to do with Clone Wars being cancelled. If they had a choice they'd likely have extended it.

>TOR got fucked over.
TOR was fucked over before it even came out.

>Why cant we get Old Republic, Clone Wars, and jedi origin stories.
We do get jedi origin stories and Clone Wars stories. Pick up a comic.

Because starwars is dead.

You do know clone wars couldve continues under another name right?

Like call it Star Wars: Dark Times or Star Wars: The Final Battle or something. Same animation and all. It's that simple. CN did it with ben 10.

They didnt even try.

You have to be 18 to post here, user.

It didn't, just the entire computer system. legends' explanation was the ship was compensating the DSII's gravity from being so close to the thing and getting the bridge knocked out cascaded the damage the ship's systems had already taken from being focused by the entire fleet even further and it just got knocked cold and gets sucked into the Death Star before backups or secondary controls could even react.

I'm probably going to not bother cancelling my preorder for Battlefront 2 and ended up being incredibly disappointed. Anyone else? The grind looks atrocious if you're not a Twitch streamer dropping hundreds of dollars of other people's money on lootcrates.

>pre-order digital goods
I'll never get this

I don't, it's a physical copy. I pre-ordered a few things like KH3 when Amazon had that $50 preorder deal going on around E3. Can cancel them anytime but at this point I'm so desperate for a decent Star Wars game I don't give a shit anymore.

>yfw that fool piett crashed the jumbo star destroyer into the death star

salty rebels shil detected.

He was just trying to save the galaxy from IG-88's wrath.

imgur.com/gallery/YMdgO
clones

Wonder how much those skins will cost. Probably exclusive to some Taco Bell promotion or something.

PLO KOOL DLC CONFIRMED ITS ALL HAPPENING AT ONCE BROS

>he's not hyped for palpatine's final solution told properly.

You just type very much like an annoying teenager. You keep fucking up punctuation and spelling shit wrong.

>he's a grammar nazi now

i dont care enuf to use proper gramer

That's fine but you should probably accept that it makes you look like a twelve year old.

Call me when Grievous gets added.

I do wonder if the Defender missiles had a stand-off range fuse, because they look like they just penetrated the squint without exploding.

Then again in-atmosphere proton bomb blasts seem pretty much worthless too.

The novelization allegedly had the backup bridge on autopilot which malfunctioned.

They paid a lot of attention to minor details (It was also still mostly holding fire because of Palpatine's orders.

>Disney

I'm not a crazy shill poster but you can't be this blind. Everything good we get from Lucasfilm is because of the crew George left behind. The only thing disney is good for it's money and connections but as soon as they feel the need to, they will stick their fat fingers in our pie.

What in the fuck are you even talking about?

We need a Sio Bibble novel. If Phasma can get a book, our man Bibble can get one.

Disney have put radical progressivism at the helm of star wars. For them it is a vehicle for social change. The problem is that it won't work the same way it never fucking works.
They will drive that shit into the ground and burn it well before they actually start catering to the interests of the fans and being loyal to the classical themes of the star wars universe.

why is she a shiplet here

Rian's new trilogy will star Bibble as the main protagonist

not an argument.

I am not even sure what you said is actually even a point. How exactly is it being blind for saying that Disney is aiming to release original content over rehashes of legends content? You do realize Lucasfilm IS owned by Disney right? And are beholden to them in every way right?

You do realize that's not true right? If it were true TLJ would be ESB 2.0 and Rogue One wouldn't exist.. All creative work is done by Lucasfilm (or bad robot in some cases) not some disney suit

Are you fucking retarded. When someone says "Disney this" "Disney that" they are refering to the WHOLE, not just your narrow definition of "Disney = Suits". Kathleen has her hands dipped deep into the pot of each major media release for Star Wars and answers directly to Bob Iger.

And honestly, TLJ already looks like its going to be an ESB 2.0 - even if it might be unintentional.

>High-end crime-themed place (Bespin/Canto Bight)
>rebel base on desert planet attacked by giant walkers until they evac (Hoth/D'qar)
>space escape with ensuing minor skirmishes over said planet (Hoth/D'qar)
>place entwined with force mystery (Dagobah/Ahch-to)

Hell its probably going to have some dumb ass twist about Rey or Kylo near the end conveniently where the whole "I am your father" line would've been placed.

Kathleen Kennedy is the head of Lucasfilm. Disney will step in when she starts losing them money not before.

Will Star Wars ever be an event like it was in the prequel days?

How can you have such faith that Disney won't fuck it all up? How can you be so trusting?

Nerd culture has been totally consumed by the machine, so no.