Penny: Oh hey, guys, where are you headed?

Sheldon: To the comic book store. You’re probably thinking, the comic book store? On a Thursday? Why, I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole and into a land of madness. What you have failed to take into account, Penny, is that this is Anything Can Happen Thursday.

Penny: You got me. While you’re there, could pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?

Sheldon: I think you mean comic books. Comics are feeble attempts at humor featuring talking babies and anthropomorphized pets found traditionally in the optimistically named funny pages.

Penny: Leonard, could you pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?

Leonard: Sure. What does he like?

Penny: I don’t know, he’s 13. Just pick out anything.

Sheldon: Just pick out anything? Maybe at the same time we can pick out a new suit for him without knowing his size, or pick out his career for him without knowing his aptitude, or pick out a new breakfast cereal without knowing his fiber requirements or his feelings about little marshmallows.

Penny: Spider-Man. Get him Spider-Man.

Sheldon: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099?

Penny: Leonard?

Leonard: You know this can go on all night, why don’t you just come with us?

Penny: Ugh, that’s what I was trying to avoid.

Sheldon: Oh, I forgot Sensational Spider-Man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=987orZBYtFc
youtube.com/watch?v=qsYxPdZ4elo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heh.

>The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man
You mean that comic that doesn't exist?

He forgot Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man.

Closest thing I can find.

I laughed because i thought it was a well written parody of what happens but it actually happened in the show didn't it?

Is this an actual scene from the show? Is anyone actually mentally challenged enough to find this shit funny?

What the fuck?

I checked these out from my elementary school library all the time.

Season 2 Episode 20 – The Hofstadter Isotope

Fixed it to make it more realistic to the show.

>laugh track
Sheldon: To the comic book store. You’re probably thinking, the comic book store? On a Thursday?
>laugh track
Why, I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole and into a land of madness.
>laugh track
What you have failed to take into account, Penny, is that this is Anything Can Happen Thursday.
>laugh track
Penny: You got me.
>laugh track
While you’re there, could pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?

Sheldon: I think you mean comic books.
>laugh track
Comics are feeble attempts at humor featuring talking babies and anthropomorphized pets found traditionally in the optimistically named funny pages.
>long laugh track with claps and hollering
Penny: Leonard, could you pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?
>laugh track
Leonard: Sure. What does he like?

Penny: I don’t know, he’s 13. Just pick out anything.
>laugh track
Sheldon: Just pick out anything?
>laugh track
Maybe at the same time we can pick out a new suit for him without knowing his size, or pick out his career for him without knowing his aptitude, or pick out a new breakfast cereal without knowing his fiber requirements or his feelings about little marshmallows.
>laugh track
Penny: Spider-Man.
>laugh track
Get him Spider-Man.

Sheldon: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099?
>long laugh track
Penny: Leonard?
>laugh track
Leonard: You know this can go on all night, why don’t you just come with us?

Penny: Ugh, that’s what I was trying to avoid.
>laugh track
Sheldon: Oh, I forgot Sensational Spider-Man.
>laugh track with cheering, whistling, and clapping followed by transition

This was the only joke I have ever laughed at on this show
My parents watch it every week

We should get together and write an episode, just to see how easy it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=987orZBYtFc

Is this a script from the actual show?

yes

rude

Epic not-Sup Forums thread, my dudes. :^)

I prefers Sup Forums's version of the show.

comics, not "comic books"
for fuck's sake
i don't always agree with legendary comics creator and visionary Alan Moore, but in this we completely agree

Stan Lee says it should be comicbooks (one word).

youtube.com/watch?v=qsYxPdZ4elo

Stanley is a fucking idiot. Its comics, nothing else.

Umm... how about a little respect? That man is a living legend.

I like the young Sheldon posts that end with him being violently abused by his father . That's comedy

It's a show for average joe to laugh at nerds. Basicly nerd-face.
>I can't talk to girls
>l'm pedantic about nonsense
>I buy tons of childrens toys for myself

I hate this show so fucking much. I honestly do not possess a sufficient lexicon to describe my complete and utter loathing for this piece of shit.
When I die I will still be mad. When my remains decompose I will still be mad. When my headstone is removed I will still be mad. When all earthly trace of my existence is vanquished from the face of time itself I will still be mad. I will never not be mad.
This was the excuse for an abortion that was responsible for everything that I ever loved from my childhood being systematically disassembled and raped for a profit.

Not sure if it's an actual quote but that's actually hilarious. I don't really get why Sup Forums and Reddit love Silicon Valley so much but hate TBBT.

Umm, it's not a laugh track. There's an actual audience laughing at all that.
And they're not laughing after every single line of dialogue

>it's not a laugh track

No, it is a laugh track. Only the long-recorded wailing of the now-dead could ever "laugh" at the "humor" of this "show".

Peter Parker's distant cousin.

Honestly there are some cheap jokes but there's just as many (usually more) good ones too. It's one of the best sitcoms today and it's not nerd-blackface... people actually like the nerds and care about them and their lives.

Fuck off, Lorre

But it was shown that they record in front of an audience

He might be fucking retarded, but I'll cry the day he dies

Trick of the trade, they often have a second performance next to the main stage doing silent slapstick at the key moments. That way people actually do have a reason to laugh during the live recordings. Along with the more well known "APPLAUSE" type signs.

Is this actual dialogue from the show?

>people actually like the nerds and care about them and their lives.
If this post is not definitive proof that shills are running around this board, nothing is

is spiderman facing forward or backward?

Yeah she buys the kid Hellblazer. It's from the only episode I've watched.

TVs most watched comedy.

>Penny: Oh hey, guys, where are you headed?
Sheldon:comic book store. I want to support some of my favorite ongoing, and it's a fun place to hang out.
Penny: Cool. While you’re there, could pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?
Sheldon:does he like marvel or DC?
Penny: Could you get him Spider-Man?
Sheldon: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, The Spider-Man and the X-Men, Spider-Man 2099?
Penny: Ultimate
Sheldon: He's getting spectacular, ultimate is a train wreck
Penny: I dunno Ultimatum was pretty fun
Sheldon just stares
>Luagh track

>mfw my dad, an OG nerd from the 60s who loved comic books, tabletop wargames, and Star Trek, loves The Big Bang Theory

>Hey, where you guys headed?
>To the comic store. They've got a buy two get one free on loose floppies.
>Could you pick up a comic or something for my nephew?
>What's he into?
>Dunno, I haven't bothered asking my sister. Just anything a kid his age would like.
>Yeah, we'll find something. Maybe something from Lee and Lobdell's X-Men run

BUBZINGA

Really? You were born reading comics and debating LOTR?

tbf this was like one of the three "nerdy" jokes they got right in the whole series

>gets mad enough to offer Sheldon an ultimatum
>becomes emotionally relieved at a seemingly heartfelt confession of his love
>loljk it was a movie quote

Yeah I'm pretty sure any girl would have walked out at that point.

>Umm
Please go back to wherever you came from, possibly a place rhyming with pleb shit

I dunno, if you actually pay attention you can even hear a small percentage of the audience start laughing at the nerdy setup before it's put into laymans terms everyone else can laugh at.

Yes.

Black people are born ridiculous mammi stereotypes?

>This was the only joke I have ever laughed at on this show

I unironically laughed at "Playing a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator" because Project 64 sucks.

Yes.

Okay, continue gatekeeping.

Are you saying you weren't? Fucking normie.

>Yeah she buys the kid Hellblazer

Well at least she's not a complete waste of human garbage.