ITT: Cartoons that deserved more than one season

Why did this show only get one season, out of all the shows to cancel in the 2000's why was this one of them?

I loved this show.
It was made by MTV, They were running through shows at the time. It was nothing to see a show get one season then get cancelled.

oh shit you made me remember this gem they canceled. Maybe if they didn't cancel the good shows back them they wouldn't be garbage now.

Both of these are co-productions with Teletoon.
Sadly enough, Teletoon apparently wanted to renew them, but not without MTV's support.

The Oblongs

>tfw you will never get a season 2 of Clerks

but they got two seasons, user.
Great show i think the creator said that he would be open too a second season

Did any MTV cartoons last more than one season (besides Beavis & Butthead, Daría, and Celebrity Deathmatch)?

The Head got two seasons, and no one ever talks about it for some reason, even though it was pretty good.

>Tfw we'll never get another season of Undergrads and Clone High ever again
Why bother living...

They only had 13 episodes

Holy shit balls you're right why must all good things in life come too a quick end?

what is The Head?

A show about a guy with a freakishly large head (because an alien lives inside it) who stops an alien invasion and hangs out with other weirdos.

Why the hell didn't [as] revived it like Home Movies and Samurai Jack?

Because they picked it up years after the WB cancelled it and despite what Firefly fans will tell you, there is a date past which point reviving a short run series is pointless.

>alien lives inside a dudes head
T-Thats Lewd

I remember the show going off the rails and having episodes where the literal devil shows up.

They could uncancel it and treat it like a new show, one that takes place during the late 90s/early 00s.

ill have to agree with , thinking of with what ppl watch nowadays the only one who would support the show would be the very select few who remember watching it nearly 18 years ago. Or they could try to get a deal with netflix.

All the funniness of og Simpson's with a running plot and colorful world/ characters. They had it planned out for 2 more season. And Andy was going to start making it as a cartoonist eventually. This cartoon is one of my favorites.

RIP comfy slice of life series

Undertown did the slice of life shit better.

You mean Downtown.

Never saw it, but isn’t the guy to the right in Megas XLR?

>Free for all
i liked it. only got 7 episodes. sadly

Yes

RIP comfy slice of life mixed with Sup Forums and random skits series

Loved Undergrads when it was on Teletoon. Rewatched it recently and it kind of just sucks.
>dude STAR WARS lmao

>MTV's support

No wonder they got cancelled, MTV went to shit

>Dude college weed booze sex and geeks lmao

When will I stop being mad about this Sup Forums?

Most of writing team and talent has moved on. The cost of the animation was astronomical compared to the Flash swivel art we get nowadays. Can you imagine a stiff looking Mission Hill?

Leave it for what it was, an ahead of its time price of eye candy. Most of their characters are in their mid 20s and literally have the exact same problems I have.

Can I say one that deserved more than two seasons? Xavier renegade angel.

Id be sceptical of another season, not because I dont want it, but because I can see the quick and direct approach it takes would really deminish if it kept getting more episodes. Also in season 2 the voice actor for Xavier seemed to forget how to do the voice and he has a completely different cadance from the first season.

Also Thundercats 2011. I loved the look of it all and am rather sad that it will never be used again.

Came here to post this. I won't consider people who haven't seen it to be true Sup Forumsmrades.

it was pretty popular back in the day too, my friends at school used to say "Hey guy" like the blonde dude all the time.

same people did both shows

Undergrads sucks, guy.

>We're really never getting a Season 2

It started to grow on me by the last episode but yeah it was pretty mediocre. Making the main character super boring on purpose wasn't anywhere near as funny as the creator thought it was. He pretty much had no personality and no motivations outside of fulfilling his basic needs. It's like all that went into his character was "Well, he's just a normal boring guy. Like me!"

Also I hated the "hot alternative Asian chick is best friends with the guy with no discernable personality for absolutely no reason oh and she secretly wants to suck his dick too" character.

The voice, and he's fucking insane. I think it was intentional.

It's like Freaks and Geeks but animated.

Coincidentally, Linda Cardellini was in both as a recurring character

There is a darkness in this dog's soul..

>Animation for adults never took off beyond family Guy and wathever adult swim aired
>We are never getting a second season of any of these show even tho they where all good
We are living in the worst earth, there is some alternative universe out there where traditional animation is still alive and there are still cartoons being made outside of mtv/fox/cartoon network/ nickelodeon/disney

THIS! Goddammit...