What do your parents think of you for watching cartoons and reading comics at your age?

What do your parents think of you for watching cartoons and reading comics at your age?

They don't know

Nothing
My father does the same thing

This, only a retard would share their autistic hobbies with their family unless they're on the spectrum as well.

My mom doesn't care, but my dad thinks it's dumb. This is also the man that believes dinosaurs never exsited and fossils are planted by the government to trick us, so I'm not that torn up about it

he is right about everything tho

Well, my folks were both sci-fi fans from way back, my Dad loves Star Trek and Mom loves Star Wars, and they both love the Marvel movies and they know I know all kinds of comic shit so they ask me questions to clear up plot holes and things that aren't so clear.

So it's something that brings us closer together and provides mutual enjoyment.

Feels good, man.

What a marvelous family

My mom still does, so she's probably fine with it.

Where do you think I got it from?

Even my grandparents on my dad's side liked comics and cartoons.

My parents don't know what kind of media I consume. My younger sister however is a huge fujo/weeaboo and my parents are definitely aware of that.

We watch together.

I get my autismbux, my parents are proud I defeated the system.

My mother likes cartoons too and will watch things by herself, even coming across things I haven't even heard of.

My dad is fine with it but he's kind of a traditional guy so he will make jokes about me watching children's shows and movies, though he doesn't mind most CG films because "they almost feel like real movies".

The fact I work with animation helps justify it too.

"At least he is not doing drugs."

My parents will watch cartoons if they're on. No one gives a shit about what you watch, so long as you don't act like a cunt about it later.

I make a couple grand selling comics on the side each month. Reading comics and watching cartoons is research for me.

I make four months wages on comic con exclusives and pay for a vacation for them.

They don't mind.

My family doesnt give a shit as long as i pay billsand continue with my life as normal as possible.
To be fair, i dont have floppies anymore, everything is digital and my power level only shows if you use my laptop.

My mom enjoys most of it, I end up watching stuff like the new seasons of Voltron with her and having fun.

They don't know, but I have a job and friends, so I don't think they care what I do with my free time.

They thought I would outgrow that hobby.

They're just glad I have something that makes me happy and can enjoy as a pastime. As long as it doesn't make it irresponsible/lazy they have no reason to have a problem with it.

Pretty similar to my family, Mom was a massive book and comics nerd, encouraged me to read damn near everything including stuff above my age level. And when I did read something questionable, she'd actually sit me down and discuss it and any question I had, making sure I understood the difference between Reality and Fiction.

I live at home, I don't have a job or an education and I haven't made any friends since I left high school ten years ago.
I think it's pretty far down their list of worries.

My dad watches cartoons and is super-into horror stuff. he also had the entire trilogy of Lord of The Rings movies
My mom watches from time to time
Overall they don't care at all

They don't care? There are plenty of comics and cartoons aimed towards people my age.

I dont live at home, and I make more money than both of them so nothing.

They do the same

I'm not living with my parents but my mom loves to watch cartoons and my dad collects books and old comics.
My dad bought me my first comic when I was younger but the first one I read was from his collection. As much as I remember it was a Lucky Luke comic.

my parents both love cartoons, especially weird stuff like lucas bros and unsupervised. they always pushed me towards art in school, which i'm thankful for.

My parents are dead.

No, seriously.

They usually watch the Simpson, American Dad and the likes but that's a given

However, it's in the family to watch shit like Obelix and Asterix around Christmas. They don't give much of a shit about cartoon unless it's got the mature or nostalgia kick

My mom is glad it inspired me to become creative while I was reading comics growing up. My dad didn't put too much stock into it until we went to go see Captain america the winter soldier. He got curious and asked for war/spy genre stuff (he loves it). Got him punisher max and he really enjoyed it. Last christmas I bought him a whole collection of Sgt. Rock by kubert. He didn't go full retard on comics but he's been enjoying what I suggested.
He recently finished Gaimen's norse mythology and I think I might recommend sandman

yeah Bruce we get it

>Hurr Durr manchild
As long as you have your life in order there is no problem with it. Still better then being an alcoholic or having a gambling problem or some other shit "adults" are suffering from

My dad is a weeb, it's fine. I think if I went full CWC/waifufag it'd be a problem, but doing that seems unenjoyable.

I read them with my own kids.

I don't think they care or even know. Shitposting about cartoons this is just a small hobby.

I am married and have a career, earn more money than both of them combined so they pretty much have no said in the matter and sometimes I ask them "do you remember when you ask until which age I would continue reading comics?".

Well my mom is a huge Batman fan and collects comics and graphic novels and my dad is a huge Marvel fan. He doesn't collect comics but has an extensive knowledge of Marvel
They both don't understand why I'm such a big Spawn fan, feelsbadman

at least you are not a brony

My mother watches The Big Bang Theory I don't think she's in a position to judge me.

As long as I have a job, pay my taxes, aren't breaking the law, and keep a roof over my own head, they really don't care how I spend my money. Nor do they really have a right to.

Fortunately I'm actually pretty freaking smart so the one time a family member, in this case an uncle, tried to claim my interests in animated content or comics/manga/etc was stupid/childish I simply explained to him exactly why his views were in correct, I also explained why the content he enjoys was a much better example of content designed for the average idiot.
By the end of our little chat all he could do was wonder off while pretending he didn't look like a retarded jackass.
Plus I'm a rather highly skilled drawfag, so that really just added another layer to my point.

I’m diagnosed aspie and was always weird so they fully accept it as one of my many obsessive quirks.
i think i’m my mom’s favorite kid and I don’t really deserve it desu

>Obelix and Asterix
All my life I never heard someone telling them in THAT particular order.

This.

They are too dead to care

I'm 27 years old, and I'll be completely honest...I'm also more of a "brony" than anything, if I buy merch it's that kind of merch, so as far as grown men who are weirdos I'm pretty much part of the "weirdest"
sub group
My parents don't care....I've been a nerd my entire life, I assume this kind of thing only comes as a shock to parents when said child ever changed in the first place, when I was a kid I was obsessed with drawing my own comics and trying to draw comic characters and my parents always encouraged it, I don't think they would have imagined me being any other way....it's not like you one day suddenly decide to be a jock or something. Also, like many other posters here, my parents have always found some similar things "cool", I was raised on horror, scifi, fantasy and cartoons, so it's not as if they think I'm weird for it.

They don't give a shit, hell they watch those awful DCCW shows and Lucifer. They usually ask me how stuff was different in the comics for the live action stuff they watch. They also watch anime and read manga.

My dad is an English professor, and generally a huge snob. When I was ten or so he took away all my comics to encourage me to read something with literary merit. Once I was old enough to make my own money I repaid the favor by getting him comics for every birthday, Christmas and Father's Day. He grew to like them eventually - I think it was Will Eisner that really changed his mind. Most recent gift was P. Craig Russell's adaptation of The Ring Cycle, which I'd recommend for any user looking to fill out a Christmas list.

They don't care because I always watch sports.

>He believes giant lizards walked the earth
Lol at you

Fpbp. Anything but this (and having a family of toon watchers) is a bad idea

Here is just one example of my expertise.

I fucking hate that show with a passion.

>Start out collecting trades at the start (easiest way)
>Dad openly disapproves, calls me a man-child
>Eventually start collecting pricier #1s and key issues
>Dad suddenly sees merit in the hobby
>Doesn't openly mock it anymore, but I'm sure he still disapproves

That dad ain't right.

My dad and my grandpa like cartoons, anime, sci-fi, etc. My mom thinks it's weird, but it's better than being on meth.

I've got a job too so they couldn't care less what I do with my free time.

They join in.

Circlejerk?