ANT-MAN & THE WASP New Plot Details

>One year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) has abandoned the identity of Ant-Man and is under house arrest, allowing him to spend more time with his daughter Cassie (Abby Ryder Fortson), while his friends Luís (Michael Peña), Kurt (David Dastmalchian) and Dave (T.I.) have opened a security firm. Scott is estranged from Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), who is angry that Scott's alliance with Captain America nearly compromised the Ant-Man technology to the United States government.

>Hank and his daughter Hope Pym (Evangeline Lily) are on the run from the government, operating from a microscopic mobile laboratory, and searching for a way to rescue Hank's wife and Hope's mother, Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer), from the Quantum Realm. When Hank's old friend, Dr. Bill Foster (Laurence Fishburne), provides them with an unexpected breakthrough, Hank must recruit Scott to join Hope, who has inherited her mother's mantle as The Wasp, for a dangerous mission that'll put them up against government agent Jimmy Woo (Randall Park), corrupt businessman Sonny Burch (Walton Goggins) and The Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen), a mysterious anti-corporate terrorist armed with advanced phasing technology.

mcuexchange.com/exclusive-new-details-antman-and-the-wasp/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sonny Burch (Walton Goggins)
I love Goggins but seeing him on Vice Principals might have ruined me taking him seriously as an actual villain for a little while.

>The Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen)
Sweet, now everyone will waifu Dutch from Killjoys like I do. Hopefully they don't try and make her do an American accent.

>Iron Man steals Ultron
>Ant-Man steals Ghost
I'm liking this pottery

Not quite a fair trade, though.

Man, I'm so excited about Ghost.

>a mysterious anti-corporate terrorist armed with advanced phasing technology.
Oh thank god I thought they had dropped that part

Source?

>under house arrest
He escaped prison though. Explain this, mousetards.

Read the text.

Eh, Yellow Jacket was a better Ultron

Cap probably left him

Imagine what Ultron himself couldve been

Ultron is overrated, Ghost is underrated, Iron Man is overrated, Ant-Man is underrated. Seems fair to me.

But Sup Forums told me that Marvel movies didn't have consequences!

Yellowjacket was a 4th Tony Stark evil corporate villain and a protracted CGI fight scene.
REEEEEEEing jack o' lantern-bot is only good in your diabeetus ravaged mind.

Calling the twist. Foster is Ghost's father

They kinda do but it's also kinda bullshit that you have to watch a Captain America movie to know what Ant-Man's been up to before his sequel. That's the problem with "consequences."

It’s not the correct consequences though. Scott should be in prison again, not house arrest. He’s an escapee. And why are thieves allowed to start a security firm? Fucking stupid.

>Disney
Oh right.

Hm, either to live like a fugitive on the run because MUHBUCKY or surrender to the autorities so I can still live in the same country as my beloved daughter who I spent a whole movie triying to get back in my life...

I WONDER WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I DO

I imagine they will explain it in the first 10 minutes of the movie

Right, but they fused that woth Ultron and it worked brilliantly

Why would you ever not watch Civil War if you're a fan of marvel movies?

>And why are thieves allowed to start a security firm? Fucking stupid.
The same reason known Hackers are allowed to develop internet security software?

Shhh, we are pretending that no one has seen movies that grossed a billion dollars.

Maybe I like Ant-Man but not Captain America or the Avengers.

>agent Jimmy Woo
OH GOD PLEASE let this mean we got some Gorilla Man and M-11 and Venus and The Uranian. Please let this spin off into an Agents of Atlas movie.

And with Ghost, a Thunderbolts movie is possible.

That's like a veeery weird fetish, like getting off only to midgets shitting on amputees.

Plus the first Antman movie was loaded with so much Avengers shit, so I'd find weird if you liked that one enough to want to see a sequel.

I'm honestly amazed people still complain about the MCU movies being too interconected, that's their thing, it's what made them a success. The fact that it was a continuous universe with every movie working like a chapter and adding something to the world, if they where self contained, the MCU would have died years ago.

>OH GOD PLEASE let this mean we got some Gorilla Man and M-11 and Venus and The Uranian.
They made Tree and Raccoon into a hit, anything is possible in the MCU.

Don't count on it, they cast the dad from Fresh off the Boat

>I'm honestly amazed people still complain about the MCU movies being too interconnected
I'm not really complaining, just saying that, ideally, you would be able to follow a character's solo appearances without needing to watch another's. It's part of the reason Iron Man 2 and 3 feel so disconnected IMO.

Maybe they could introduce this guy and reveal him to be the REAL Mandarin.

It's funny, cause I get most excited for the MCU films when expectations are low.

>Dark mirrors of Pym and Hope

I could see it.

also kind of a reverse vulture/liz

What twist, we knew this months ago.

So they could do an Agents of Atlas show. Also Atlas was seen as an easter egg in DD S1.

I'm just saying I don't think the actor can pull off Agents of Atlas Jimmy Woo
He doesn't have the charisma

No it's more likely he surrendered to stay close to Cassie, Scott will do anything for his daughter.

There's the idea of making Shang-Chi to be the Mandarin's son, and basically have a movie or a series revolve around his struggle against the Ten Rings organization.

>anti-corporate terrorist
Sup Forums will have a day with her.

>Bill Foster
>Jimmy Woo
>Ghost

this movie sounds great already

I hope not. Ghost works best if she hasn't any backstory or only one that is scarcly referenced - a true spectre. She should wear her helmet lke a tinfoil hat that shields her thoughts from the evil that is this corporatist goverment world.

Nah, she's black.

ANTS!

That was a reference to Atlas comics more than anything.

two years later, it is so charmingly weird that they made this

youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8

Why?
Gender swap is worse than a race swap.

There are characteristics that Ghost has that are inherently male.

Being a filthy paranoiac is fairly unisex.

>When Hank's old friend, Dr. Bill Foster (Laurence Fishburne),

Oh god, Lawrence Fishburne is going to end up buried in a giant tarp.

What are some good comics or any other portrayals of Ant-Man in other media?

Sounds awful no wonder I never even watched the first Antman

A N T S ! !

What elements of the Microverse/Quantum Realm can Marvel use in movies, since a lot of it is owned by Hasbro?

Ghost is right.

A shame they casted the movie before Dan Dae Kim quit Hawaii 5-0

A N T - M A N !!!

can a woman be a paranoid crackpot?

>a mysterious anti-corporate terrorist armed with advanced phasing technology.
I wonder if the phasing tech has anything to do with the phasing tech used in Homecoming?

I mean we also have Vison, but HIS Phasing tech came out of nowhere and we have no idea why he could do that shit at all. Ultron couldn't do it.

Screw that version. Give me the gross, reclusive, creepy Thunderbolts Ghost.

>No Whirlwind and Egghead
>Female Ghost

Why did I even expect anything.

Is Fishburne gonna be the first actor to be in both the MCU and DCEU?

>A helmet staying on an attractive, relatively big name actor

It'd be cool, but you know aswell as I do that it's coming off, like, the second time they see her.

What happened to Whirlwind and Egghead being the villains in this movie? Isn't that why the Ant-Man comic brought Egghead back?

Mr. Eko beat him to the punch.

Uh, Soulgem much?

>Vice Principals might have ruined me taking him seriously as an actual villain for a little while
Fucking how? He is terrifying on that show.

>Ghost is canon now

Woohoo!

I'm eagerly awaiting edits of "Ghost blowjob, woohoo!"