Is our long nightmare finally over?

Is our long nightmare finally over?

Is there hope? Now that the malignant specter that caused this has been banished, can Marvel begin to recover?

Is Joe Quesada still working there?

I'm sorry user, he died six months ago.

Fuck you user. You got me excited.

was dr axe any good?

>He thinks Bendis is solely responsible for the current state of Marvel

Hitler wasn't solely responsible for the Nazi movement, but he was the face of it.

You're thinking of Joe Quesada.

Bendis was a symptom. A symptom that was allowed to grow malignant and cancerous, but a symptom nonetheless.

Marvel cannot change until they get a large and robust editorial department that actually gives a shit about doing their jobs, instead of running on the skeleton crew that they are now.

Quesada has been gone almost seven years, half those characters didn't even exist then in their current forms or even at all seven years ago. Unless you mean staff he hired and gave direction is responsible.

Also they're going to need to invest in new writers as opposed to offering what amounts to internships to any webcomic or Tumblr fanfic scribbler who fits their requirements. And by "requirements" I mean demographic representation, not talent. They're already talking about getting "persons of color" (I hate that phrase SO MUCH) on Miles and Ree Ree. Because, you know, that matters more than getting actual decent writers in who might be able to make those characters interesting for the first time in their existence.

It's always the way with these people. Talk about demographics first, and assume talent and "lived experience" will show through. Doesn't matter HOW many times it bites them in the ass.

Are Alonso, Brevoort, Amanat and Slott still there? If the answer is yes our long nightmare is still there

everything about that image triggers me

And hopefully but I wouldn't get my hopes up

God I love how that sounds. PC writers aren’t good enough to get more popular characters or make their own, they have to get the shitty knockoff leftovers from a white guy. Anyone think about telling Marvel that?

PoC, not PC.

i actually have some faith in what legacy has in store

The most important thing is that Riri must die.

Not be sidelined. Not retire from being a hero. Die.

She must die.

Then I will believe there is hope.

What if she became a villain?

Miles too.

They can't get rid of Miles now -- he's got his animated feature coming out, and he's too symbolic (somehow...) to people who are all about representation (as opposed to QUALITY, they always assume that the one follows the other) for Marvel to simply nuke outright. The screams of Tumblrage would be audible past Proxima Centauri. Not that this means Miles SELLS, mind, but people who only care about this shit when they feel "oppressed" would take it mainstream.

Riri's death is possible, but Marvel's stuck with Miles now. And probably forever.

They would only screech about Miles for a week or two until the next social outrage happens and they forget all about him

Do you see that? they can save Strange and Wasp because the movies, and maybe Squirrel Girl because New Warriors, kill all the others no just Riri

>he's got his animated feature coming out
A Sony one, that will either A) be universally hated or B) fade into obscurity.

Quesada still works for Marvel, you know that right?

Brevoort has worked at Marvel longer than most of this board has been reading comics (or were even alive)

Can I get a quick rundown on this Miles animation? Will it be in cinema's or is it not as long as movie? I've barely heard about it until today

why?
let anyone else write them and become something more

>Quesada
>Alonso
>Brevoort
No its not

He's out of touch and surrounded by retards, he should retire

That's because there's barely anything known about it, other than the poster with a graffiti spider symbol.

>black teen protagonist
>graffiti
Wow I cant believe how racist Marvel is, implying that he would graffiti walls just because he's black

From the same studio that brought you Ghostbusters 2016 and the Emoji Movie brings you Miles Morales. Written by the guy who did Gravity Falls, though you have to remember, Sony LOVES bullying their writers to do what they want and this will be no different. Featuring promotional art of a graffiti spider since this Spider-Man is black and urban. Never mind the fact that he attends a private school, is relatively well liked by his peers, and his dad was in the super military.

The story will be written by Alex Hirsch (gravity falls creator)

And directed by Peter Ramsey (who did rise of the guardians)

They gotta die because feefees were hurt and tendies weren't crispy enough. Give her a better writer, let her develop, then bring her back around to the fold once she's developed well enough.

Ye he's URBAN, gettit? NO SHUT UP HE'S URBAN STREET BROTHA DESPITE GOING TO PRIVATE SCHOOL AND BEING FROM A WELL-OFF FAMILY SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH YOU RACIST SHITLORD

Yeah, that COULD happen. By why should it? There are LOADS of more characters at Marvel who have infinite more potential than Miles, why should I care about this one specific literally who? Never mind the fact that having multiple spider people that aren't direct relatives of Peter goes against the entire point of Peter Parker getting powers in the first place.

Bendis was a symptom of the cancer you dumbass but in truth he was more like a benign tumor. The thing killing Marvel is their stable of "writers" they hired who are more interested in a social war than comics. They need to bring in writers that actually care about the medium.

This could work 100% with Miles. Because his biggest fault is that he's bland, and too interchangeable with Peter. With a great writer he could be awesome.

It can't work with Riri because she's one of the biggest Mary Sue's in fiction. She's smarter and a better engineer at 14 than Tony Stark. She completely designed and built her own Iron Man suit. She's perfectly virtuous and always does the right thing. She's perfectly principled. She has no faults.

She's not fixable. She's an annoying caricature. You can't fix her without her being a completely different character. Easier to kill her.

Why is Dr Strange holding a Battleaxe?

He can't use magic now. So he hits people with an axe like Kull instead.

I dunno user even a shitter can make a decent comic if they have an editor that will just tell them this blows here is why do it again but better.

now some of the artist on the other hand...

Nope. The rest of the cancer are still present at Marvel comics. Like the author of Squirrel Girl, author of America, Slott, the author and artist of Hellcat, Kamala's entire creative team, the editors and etc.

No fuck that. Why should Riri get a chances for something more when she is basically a redesigned Lila Rhodes but with a significantly worse personality?

Because Marvel thinks Doctor Strange is unmarketable in his prime. Just a poor excuses for their inability to tell stories about Doctor Strange being Doctor Strange. And them turning into a poor man's MCU magic Tony Stark.

You all are fucking idiots/children/both. Quesada is the only reason why we still have a Marvel Comics. Marvel Knights and the Ultimate Marvel universe (and early Marvel Studios bets on Blade and X-Men) basically saved the company. Marvel was trash before he came onboard. Do you remember the 90's? Do you really want that back?

Past success shouldn't matter when the current Marvel Comics is terrible and declining because of him. No DC/Marvel crossover is mainly due to Quesada. Spider-man's marriage getting retconned is because Quesada was going through a divorce and didn't want Spider-man his idol to be marraiged when he isn't anymore. No smoking ban is because his mother died of lung cancer. He even at one point had Peter (drawn to look like a slim Quesada) date a woman that was named after his daughter and looked like his daughter.

I do remember the 90's because I grew up in that era. And I'd GLADLY take all of the shit from that decades (yes that includes The Crossing) to what we've had since 2000.

I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, but the rest wasn't all that great.

Marvel fucked up big time with the speculation market and some pretty bad writing in the 90's, but this SJW-infested crapfest has done irreparable damage.

>No DC/Marvel crossover is mainly due to Quesada.
Fuck that guy. You don't burn bridges like that.

>Do you remember the 90's? Do you really want that back?
We are getting that right now, didn't you notice?

>Bunch of failed rebranding and marketing pushes
>Old characters being pushed out in favor of shitty legacy characters that not a lot of people like
>More and more X-Books saturating the market
>A lot of bizarre storylines that don't go anywhere or end anti-climactically

We're basically replaying 90s Marvel as we speak, minus the "Almost hit bankruptcy" part, all because of bad decision-making that originated with Quesada's time as EIC.

The Mouse took away Big Hero 6; a comic that Marvel created in the 90's because they didn't want those retards to sully the image of their successful animated film ad gave it to IDW instead. I really hope that in the near future, Disney cleans Marvel up because we need to nuke the whole joint.

>One of the Big 2 being passed over for publication in favor of fucking IDW

That's like being picked last for dodgeball over the morbidly obese kid with down syndrome.

Is Perlmutter still alive?

Why not? It's not like she's any different than any other one of the c-listers hanging around Marvel. Plus it's not like anyone actually gave a shit about Lila Rhodes before Riri was on the scene, since Lila herself is a stock comic archetype.

It's because Marvel was going to do something incredibly stupid or edgy with Big Hero 6; something the Mouse doesn't want the public to see in the comics line.

And Marvel can't write Asian characters especially Japanese if their lives depended on it. It's all stereotypes and other obnoxiously retarded shit.

While it's easy to assume Disney farmed it out to IDW because Marvel is incompetent, it's probably not the case as if Disney thought Marvel was so bad as to not risk the IP then they'd pull Star Wars and start cleaning house. I'd say a more likely reason was that by licensing it they head off any potential character rights and royalty issues.