I figured it fits better on Sup Forums since it discusses mostly the Fleitscher cartoon animation style than the game...

I figured it fits better on Sup Forums since it discusses mostly the Fleitscher cartoon animation style than the game itself.

>Cuphead and the Racist Spectre of Fleischer Animation

>unwinnable.com/2017/11/10/cuphead-and-the-racist-spectre-of-fleischer-animation/

Thoughts?

Nope. There is absolutely no information here.

Dude, we just had a thread about how liberals overreact to 80-year-old cartoons yesterday.

>unwinnable.com
This is an apt name for a leftshit website.

I hope Cuphead's sequel has a giant jigaboo boss that spits watermelon seeds at you.

Good god why...?

>using cuphead and racist in the same title
Obvious clickbait.
Fuck journalism.

Cuphead 2 should have a WW2 stage where they battle the Japanese.

I can see the connections, but it's a reach. What's more likely is that you have developers who were simply unaware and trying to reference the cartoons themselves, instead of the questionable roots those old cartoons have themselves.

>Sieg heil, boy! I'm from South Germany!

>can't like Fleischer cartoons because they're racist
>can't like black and white movies because they're racist
>can't like pre-00s movies because they're racist

what wrong with liking things that are racist?

>HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS THING THIS RETARD ON THE INTERNET SAID
>OH MAN I GOT A GREAT IDEA LETS HAVE A THREAD ABOUT IT
>HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING AMAZING IDEA

OP should be publicly permabanned

Im hoping theyll have a racial stereotype bosses dlc just to piss everyone off.

It's almost like certain people want to control the flow of imagination for their own ends, partially by banning anything they don't control or influence and thereby achieving a low form of societal control.

It's almost like this has been done SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES IN THE PAST AND PEOPLE STILL CAN'T SEE IT COMING.

Where they ban books, they will ban people also.

>Journalist: Where are the raciat stereotypes that the flesicher style used frequently?
>Developer: We avoided that stuff because we only care about the art stye.
>Journalist: That's whitewashing history.

Holy fuck this. If that was a name of a liberal website in a book or comic I'd think it was a little too wink-wink but this is real fucking life

This needs to happen now

they need to include an Irishman in a green top or bowler hat, a Cossack, a Spaniard and a German wearing a Pickelhaube. Along with a North Mexican in a Sombrero, a Red Indian Chief, a Chinaman and a Black.

Perhaps a Stereotypical Dixie and Yankee caricature as well.

I like giant mermaids.

>bans are done in public every time they happen
what did you mean by this

Cuphead really should have had painful-to-the-modern-sensibilities stereotypes. The way it is now, it's ignoring history, and making it easier to repeat those mistakes by glorifying a medium that never existed.

It'd probably take them til 2020

nigga its a game about cups

You seriously think Microsoft would have helped bankroll their shit with that shit in there? They'd have been out on their asses faster than they could say "King Dice" if they'd even entertained the possibilty

white cups

i just wasted a couple of minutes of my life on this, and i want to sum it up to make sure i got the jist of it.

'theres a cool game that looks like a cartoon from the 20's. the white guys who made it took out the obvious racist stereotypes. they should have left them in, because now there are no black people in it, and if there were big lipped, fried chicken eating stereotypes everywhere, we could talk about them'

what is your fucking problem. jesus

>no racist cartoons
why arent there any black people
>black people
why are you being racist all the time.

A game about cups that is probably going to spawn a renaissance in the art style and set the tone for many other games like it.

oh yeah, probably not. Maybe if they started with less hot-topic stereotypes, like old Irish caricatures, and worked their way up to blackface in a later game it could work.

you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
Black people just love being victims and being center of attention except when you mention the fact that they have many of their own faults as a group of people.

I would say, 'the only winning move is not to play', but even that's dodgy.

They just hate white people

DLC when

Need a mod for this.

Why is Mugman a behelit?

What the fuck guys, how can anyone talk about the past? Bad things happened in the past and it triggers me. We should burn all the history books.

Cuphead and Mugman are obviously racist caricatures of black people who were stereotyped as lazy thieves

But they like to roll the dice

So are they actually Oriental?

>>>someone once drew a racist caricature therefore all drawings are racist.

Because I thought it would be funny...?

Must be jealous that Cuphead is a well liked game while they are writing for some shithole website no one gives a shit about