Marvel's Netflix Deal is Coming To an End and Future Shows Will Be Developed For Disney's Streaming Service

Marvel's Netflix Deal is Coming To an End and Future Shows Will Be Developed For Disney's Streaming Service

geektyrant.com/news/marvels-netflix-deal-is-coming-to-an-end-and-future-shows-will-be-developed-for-disneys-streaming-service
What are we gonna do Marvelbros? Where will I go for Iron Fist season 2 now?

Sorry, casualbro. You deserve everything you get,and more, if you care about live action. At some point you have to learn to tap out and move on.

It was getting old anyway. I'm slowly getting sick of capeshit

Take it back

why can't they transfer it over to their streaming service? does disney not own the netflix rights too?

Oversaturating the market with stream services will just increase piracy.

Streaming will eventually just be cable where you pay for a bundle to several of them at once.

Disney has some legitimacy in doing it given that they have a significant amount of live sports streams. But anyone who cares can always use ESPN3 anyway, so idk.

>iron fist s2
you might be the only person alive who wants that

TV street-level hero stuff lost its charm after Luke Cage.
I really can't see Marvel actually being able to maintain any kind of audience for it now that they're removing their shit from Netflix.

lol gonna have even less of a budget

The TV/Netflix side is non-canon so what does it matter anyways

Holy shit. So soon there'll be literally nothing on Netflix worth watching.

Wow, that's a total of two services I am not going to pay for

This the real reason Disney wants to buy Fox's movie and TV division (outside news and sports).

Wait, I don't get it.. are those shows continuing, but moving to the Disney platform? Or those shows continue on Netflix but any new shows will be for the new platform? As long as those shows continue I'm happy. They were really good generally, in spite of the memeing about Iron Fist, and they could actually show R-rated type stuff.

Pretty much this.

>This will finally kill the shitty, forced "not canon/super canon meme" as Disney can now blend their properties with more flexibility, with bigger budgets.

The defenders was low budget garbage, iron fist was no better.

I see no problem here at all.

Danny-boy needs a chance to redeem himself.

I wonder how it'll affect things internationally. As it stands Disney's service is US only, do they intend to extend it, or licence shows out to other services?

If you live in Canada, there's already nothing worth watching.

>Marvel's Netflix
Marvel's Netflix is shit, only Daredevil season 1 worth, all the other 5/6 are shit, I hope they don't fuck Frank

They are contining on disney's streaming so the next seasons will be on there instead of Netflix.

I'm about ready to start up the DVD by mail again just because the streaming options keeps shrinking.

>i-iron flop didn't flop actually
>d-defenders was good r-received
>*disney fucks off from netflix*
Kek. KEK!

I'd be sad about it, but they really, REALLY dropped the ball with Defenders, and although i still liked all of them every show post DD S1 had some problems to various degrees, so all in all i wouldn't mind a different production/creative team taking a shot at these characters. The Netflix team became too complacent, they're getting lost in their own cliches

That being said I'm excited for Punisher. It comes out next week right?

But IF didn't flop, it was reportedly the most watched of the shows when it came out. This is more about Disney gathering material for their own Netflix than anything

I still think they're coasting on the impact that first season of DD had. Since then it's been lower production values and cheesier writing with every new series. They set a high standard with that DD s1 and now Ike the Kike's chipping away at their budget to see if they can get close enough for only half the money. For Ike 'close enough' means a huge drop in quality though - he doesn't care.

Punisher's due out Fri 17th. Of all the series it's the one which will rely least on sfx and thus might survive on shoestring production values.

Because Netflix co-produced it. No, Marvel doesn't have the rights for those particular shows. However if they make new seasons with the same characters without Netflix, they can stream it wherever they want.

They announced this quite a while ago. When they first announced the streaming service they said this would not effect anything but actual Disney stuff then days later they said all Marvel & Star Wars related content would leave Netflix. I think it was even before Defenders.

Yeah but the thing is it's not just production value, it's the writing. You don't need an higher budget to avoid doing "villain dies halfway through to build up new villain" more than once, for example. You dont need a higher budget to dress Luke in something more interesting than a bland hoodie. The only show that really suffered from budget limitations imo was Defenders. Unless the budget also limits stuff like the writers and directors they hire, which is not something i can easily determine