Thor Ragnarok: Korg

I am non English speaker, but I tend to watch movie in their original language. I really liked the speaking mannerism of Korg, but I don't think I had ever heard it before. Is this an actual accent? What kind of people actually speak like that? What archetype is usually associated with this kind of "accent?". It really grews on me. Or it doesn't exist and was kind of made up for the movie? Really well done if that's the case.

Korg was my favorite character of the movie, I guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2w3H_oLSIU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA
youtu.be/Mbn7Ag-1dQ0
google.com/amp/www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/01/san-jose-two-charged-with-murder-in-bar-stabbing-of-little-league-president/amp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why'd they make Korg blue? Would people have thought he was Ben or someshit?

forced diversity

New Zealand accent. And the humour on display is very typical Kiwi humour.

Well, that's a kind of humor I wans't familiar with. Nice.

Specifically, Korg is based on the Stereotype of a New Zealand Bouncer.

Physically intimitdating, but Witty and comical to diffuse the situation.

Banter from a bouncer helps drunken people feel relaxed and reduces the chance of people try and fight the bouncers or start a problem.

Those damn SJUU

>This is actually Taika himself

What the fuck?

He acts, so why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=W2w3H_oLSIU

Check your sediment Sandstone scum.

#Granitelivesmatter
#Hewillnoterodeus

Does he get beached az?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

>the joke is just LOL NEW ZEALAND
Kiwis confirmed joke ""country""

>>the joke is just LOL NEW ZEALAND
Uh? No. It(s not. I watched this movie not knowing Korg was inspired by NZ, and I found each of his delivery excellent.

so, no, the joke has nothing to do with NZ, intrinsically.

I thought the accent was South African.

Why don't they just jerk them off?

Not everything can be fixed with sexual harassment, Gordon.

Can't wait for We're Wolves

No, the joke has everything to do with NZ, intrinsically, you just didn't catch the reference.

>the joke has everything to do with NZ, intrinsically, you just didn't catch the reference
The fact that I was able to laugh despite knowing none of the references IS proof that the jokes were funny on their own and intrinsically funny, hence why you can't tell the joke is just NZ.

If the joke was just NZ, I wouldn't have found any of it funny. Case closed.

Should I go over to the movie theater and watch Thor right now?

Just because you didn't know about New Zealand doesn't mean that you didn't know about New Zealand in the context of the movie

Not even the first superhero movie he's been in. youtu.be/Mbn7Ag-1dQ0

Probably. I just came back from seeing it. It took me a while to adjust to the movie's tone because I was expecting a darker movie like Thor 2, not something that relied on comedy so much. Don't take that the wrong way though. It wasn't a quipfest like Avengers 2. It was funny in a good way. I enjoyed it because I enjoy New Zealand humour (I also loved Hunt for the Wilderpeople.)

Thor 2 wasn't dark at all, why do people keep suggesting it was? It was half a romantic comedy staring Jane

New Zealanders are just shitty knock-offs of Aussies

Yeah, maybe Thor 2 wasn't "dark," but it definitely had a different tone. The other movies make it seem like everything the Asgardians do has a sort of divine significance, but the opening to Ragnarok makes it seem more like Thor's solo adventures are just him dicking around.

>doesn't mean that you didn't know about New Zealand in the context of the movie
I don't. I know literally knowthing about NZ beyond that it's the land of hobbits an cannibal sheeps. That's my extended knowledge of it. So no, the joke are funny on their own.

>It wasn't a quipfest like Avengers 2
Not the user you are talking to, but I loved Avengers 2 and the quipping. It always landed right.

They're usually drunk so they probably can't get it up all the time. Rather than just stand there half the time slapping a guy's limp noodle around, they just prefer to assume they can't jerk them off and pick different methods to deal with the situation.

I forgot this existed

Shit my town needs to be more like that

google.com/amp/www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/01/san-jose-two-charged-with-murder-in-bar-stabbing-of-little-league-president/amp/

No wonder he looked vaguely familiar, and I didn't see What We Do in the Shadows beforehand.

It matches the color his people was rendered as before, I guess they did want to avoid looking like the Thing because of rights and whatnot.

You should definitely watch Flight of the Conchords.

It was shot in Australia with two Australians as protagonist and antagonist.

nice