Bendis’s Icon Comics Pulled From Kindle And ComiXology

bleedingcool.com/2017/11/10/brian-bendis-powers-brilliant-united-states-murder-inc-takio-scarlet-etc-pulled-kindle-comixology/

>Today, the first shoe dropped. It seems, his Icon books have been pulled off of digital services ComiXology and Amazon’s Kindle. Those who have already bought digital copies can still read them, but no new sales can be made.

>You can see some of the listings remaining on Google cache (for now) but the live listings show the books are gone.

amazon.com/United-States-Murder-Inc-ebook/dp/B00ZOB6IGA

What is the best bendis books?

trick question

>Bendis brings Powers and all his other garbage to Vertigo
Karen Berger rolling in her grave...

Out of these? Scarlet.

Holy shit, this is Konami-levels of pettyness!

Wait, I'm confused: is this Marvel or DC/Bendis's doing?

Why assume it's Marvel's doing? It's probably DC/Bendis, these things are likely included in the deal.

>why assume Marvel is being petty

History, common sense.

He might be moving them to Image, they'd be creator owned but not tethered to Marvel. Maybe to Vertigo if he worked out a deal to keep the rights like Busiek does with Astro City.

I imagine this is Bendis' doing instead of Marvel's since they get nothing from being that petty, he must be more pissed than I realized to pack up all his shit and leave

It's obviously Bendis taking his stuff to Vertigo. Doesn't seen worthy of a reaction.

What happened with that? I liked when it came out, but then it got delayed endlessly.

He was shat on across the entire web last year and even writers at Marvel with no clout finally got to get away with reading him. You're goddamn right he's mad.

That doesn't really work when Bendis actually owns the books and is either moving them to Vertigo or Image.

Doesn't publishing your books through Vertigo give up some part of the rights to DC? Or is that just if you start the book up through Vertigo?

Probably depends on what's in his contract.
Marvel probably doesn't care. Icon's never been a big moneymaker for them.

Supposedly it's just the film and TV rights that DC gets for a few years.

This is Bendis' creator owned work you fucking retard.

Man, WB really fucked that imprint

I think it was always that way and people just realized Image's contract was better.

Something definitely happened in 2012 when Karen Berger was ousted. I can't find it now, but I remember an interview with Brian Wood (DMZ, Northlanders) complaining about how the structure of the contracts changed.
At the same time, Image definitely became a more viable option with pure creator rights thanks to the success of Kirkman

>Scarlet
Yeah, Scarlet is probably one of the last good Bendis books, but I only read the first 5 issues and all the others came out so slowly and spread from each other that I basically forgot to keep up with it.

Powers didn't age well and Brilliant is shit nobody read.

Marvel is Icon, it's an Imprint they made so their contracted workers could do their own projects.

>You're goddamn right he's mad.
He has no right to be, he could've taken the criticism and improved but instead he's throwing a tantrum.

In 2010 or 2011 the contracts changed.
WB started being more involved with DC around that time. It's why Diane Nelson was made President. You can kinda think of her as the bridge between WB and DC, since DC is just a small part of the company. WB obviously wanted to get more involved for movie and tv show purposes.
It's why new 52 happened and was such a shit show and why the majority of the good books were planned BEFORE the reboot.

>In 2010 or 2011 the contracts changed.

It might've but the contracts changed earlier, somewhere in the 00's.

Ultimate Spider-man.

All those books are creator-owned. This is Bendis pulling them from Marvel/Icon. They're probably going to get published by either Vertigo or Image now.

Icon only ever existed to give Bendis and Millar places to do creator-owned works in-house.

Don't forget Brubaker

So now that Bendis is at DC, what franchises should he write?

He's gonna be writing a minimum of 3 books or 2 double shipping ones.

I personally think he should take Teen Titans and Titans. The franchise is beyond saving at this point but at least they'd have pretty art.

He's getting action user.
Look in your heart, you know it to be true.

Meh, Supes has survived Loeb and Austen; he can survive Bendis.

Rumors suggest he's doing either a Zatanna solo, Legion Of Super-Heroes or something Superman related.

That said, I think he'd do well on Gotham Central considering it was originally influenced by Powers.

>Legion Of Super-Heroes
Something is definitely happening with LoSH but I think it's being misattributed to Bendis. I think it will be Hickman.

>or
user, he will not do only one book. It will be at least two.

Gotham Central was a low-selling vanity book. He might get something like that, but he's definitely on something DC would consider A-list.

>divorces lois
>becomes a trans disabled black teennager with trans-breath
>gets jon to transition

>or
He'll write at the very least all the things you listed.

Hell if the Superman book he's doing isn't double shipping, he'll get a 4th one within a year