Clinton needs 271 now

usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-11-04/washington-state-elector-says-he-wont-vote-for-clinton

>WASHINGTON (AP) — A Democratic elector in Washington state said Friday he won't vote for Hillary Clinton even if she wins the popular vote in his state on Election Day, adding a degree of suspense when the Electoral College affirms the election results next month.

>Robert Satiacum, a member of Washington's Puyallup Tribe, supported Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary. He said he believes Clinton is a "criminal" who doesn't care enough about American Indians and "she's done nothing but flip back and forth."

>He said he has wrestled with what to do, but feels that neither Clinton nor Republican Donald Trump can lead the country.

>"She will not get my vote, period," he said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.

>Satiacum said he believes Sanders did a better job of reaching out to Native Americans. "She doesn't care about my land or my air or my fire or my water," he said of Clinton.

>In all but two states, the winner of the state's popular vote gets all of the state's electors. There's nothing in the Constitution that says the electors are required to vote for a particular candidate, but some states have penalties for so-called "faithless electors." Satiacum faces a $1,000 fine in Washington if he doesn't vote for Clinton, but he said he doesn't care.

>"This is a time we all need to stand up and speak out," he said.

>Satiacum is one of 12 Democratic electors in Washington, which Clinton is expected to win. He said he has gotten a lot of criticism since he told media outlets last month that he might not vote for Clinton. But he said he has also heard from electors in other states who thanked him for speaking out. He said he hopes some of those electors follow his lead.

Will he convince others to go against the vote?

With a race this close it could come down to just one or two electoral votes

This is unlawful and he will be fully prosecuted under President Hillary. He will go to Guantanamo.

wow

isn't this illegal to do?

libtard logic winning us the election - praise kek

I hope so bigly that this decides the election. Holy fuck Christ the butthurt would be eternal.

Nope. There's nothing that says that the Electoral college has to vote the way their constituents say (this was an issue during the primaries as well).

Nope

Nope
American democracy

There is nothing in the constitution that forces people to vote with the people.

Washington has a $1000 fine for it. And it's really unusual.

Nope. Some states have a $1000 fine or so, depends. But nothing of consequence stopping this.

Wtf i love libtards now!

nope. we dont elect the president. we elect people who elect the president. those people promise to vote for a candidate but in some states can vote whoever the fuck they want

That's bullshit, but I shouldn't be surprised.

That being said, whatever it takes to stop Hillary, but this will still bite you in the ass later because it's such exploitable bullshit by future generations.

No, but it would cause an epic shitstorm

this isnt a path we want to go down. The establishment 100% without a doubt can sway in the electoral college more than Trump can. If we convince people that its ok for electors to break from the popular vote, we are going to be in big trouble

Some states have laws requiring this. Don't know if WA does though. But even one WA elector going red would be amazing.

it's legal retards

I'm worried about this biting us in the ass, say trump wins by a narrow margin and some cuckservative electors refuse to vote for him.

It makes complete sense, it isn't exploitable because it only happens when someone is willing to ignore the social/physical/political repercussions.

It's a system of checks and balances, it allows for delegates to stand up if they think there is an issue (this guy thinks she's a felon).

He isn't going red. He said he will vote for sanders. But that means she will be deprived of one electoral vote.maybe more if he can convince Oregon to write in Bernie a lot

And he will be hailed as a national fucking hero by the armed-to-the-teeth half of the country.

You don't fuck with people who have bigger friends than you.

Welcome to the American electoral system. There's nothing that says, anywhere, that electoral voters MUST vote for the candidate their popular vote chooses

wtf murica

>Hillary's face when

Good time to remind:

America is a Democratic Republic, not a direct democracy, this is a very good thing.

ehhhh. as much as I don't like hillary... this kind of undermines democracy

This might go very wrong when dem electors will do the same and use him as an excuse.

Lol
Abolish this retarded system allready
Or at least start by splitting the electoral votes

The democratic experiment has failed.

Ask the Elders, Chaim

That's not very democratic