Looking to get into modern DC comics. What does Sup Forums feel are the must reads?

Looking to get into modern DC comics. What does Sup Forums feel are the must reads?
Any characters are fine, although I'm a little burnt out on Batman right now

Don't bring your hopes up. Bendis got hired into DC.

At least I could get a couple years worth of issues l before it all turns to shit. Azzarello Wonder Woman was literally the last DC thing I read

Almost all the Superman books are worth reading including Super Sons and New Superman.
Wonder Woman, Nightwing, and Deathstroke started strong but I'm way behind on them.
Midnighter and Apollo was a great mini

Red Hood and the Outlaws
Super Sons
Deathstroke

>What does Sup Forums feel are the must reads?
No, It's shit; Just stay away. DC hiring Bendis is Rebirth in a nutshell. Johns is hiring his mediocre pals now that he's in charge. Dont be surprised when Waid gets hired next. Even good writers are turning out shitty writing.

Nightwing is still strong imo, but it had some dips though.

It's mostly been a significant improvement on all the early 2010's stuff at least

>Significant improvement
No, it hasn't. Not having any comic worth reading is not any kind of improvement. DC at least had a handful of good books back then.

Is Deathstroke really that good?
Never really been impressed by villain lead books before. Stuff like Suicide Squad or Thunderbolts gets really old quickly

At the minimum, Superman at least is at his best since Morrison 's run

It's not an excuse to call a middling story as good.

Red hood, new superman, deathstroke are very good.
The others are from bad to good, depending in issues. The issues seem so disconnected.

it's not a villain book. it's a vill-hane book (it's french).

New 52 Swamp Thing
New 52 Animal Man
Omega Men by Tom King
Mr Miracle by Tom King
New Super Man
Deathstroke by Priest
Paktion Comics
Superman by Tomasi
Pre New 52 Blue Beetle by Giffen and Rogers
My ex enjoys the current Doom Patrol but she’s bisexual so who knows

>Red Hood and the Outlaws
Amazing that something that used to be so bad ended up so good.

Superman

worst post in the thread

Hal jordan and the Green lantern corps is good. Most of superman is excellent.

Green Lanterns, Red Hood and Outlaws and New Super-Man are funny..
I like deathstroke, detective and action comics too..

Mr Miracle and Doom Patrol are great current stories, Metal has been pretty great too if you're looking for an event

Deathstroke is the single best book that either of the Big Two are publishing.

You're less reading a book about a villain being a badass. It's more a book about the Wilson family drama brought on by the fact that Slade is a massive autistic asshole who has no idea how to express love or any positive emotion and instead expresses his love or desire to spend time with his children through massively complex plots.

He put out a hit on his daughter, it was taken up so he used it as an excuse to spend time with his daughter and moralize to her about the direction her life was taking for example.

It's pure soap opera and everyone keikakuing one another. It's great.

Green arrow, Detective comics,red hood and the outlaws, deathstroke,all of superman,Green lanterns books and hal jordan&Corps doom patrol, batman and mister miracle

I will give you some actual advice instead of these other faggots in this shitty thread:
New 52:
>Batman (if you're burnt out, just ignore)
>Aquaman
>Justice League
>Swamp Thing
>Animal Man
>Wonder Woman (if you're interested)

Rebirth:
>Aquaman
>Deathstroke
>Superman (superdad is v. comfy)
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>New Superman
> Super Sons
I've enjoyed Detective comics so far, and The Flash gets better after The Button around issue 21. Everything else is decent to boring, but there isn't a lot that is REALLY bad, like New 52 levels of garbage, but I would definitely stay away from Rebirth Justice League and Rebirth JLA

Also, faggots whining about Bendis need to stfu. DC knows whats going on and what he's like, they will keep him on a leash for sure.

As other people have said, the Superman self-titled book is worth checking out: really fun and comfortable, and the art by Jimenez is really excellent. In particular, the annual is great for the story and art.

Supersons is fun and good side read once you get into Superman.

As others have also mentioned, New Super-Man is also worth checking out. It's really enjoyable and interesting and you really don't need to read or know anything else so it makes it a good jumping off point.

Even if it's not a villain book, I just generally don't see any reason to give even 1/10 of a fuck about someone like Slade, much less his family drama. As an example, I didn't care for nor care about Jason Todd, especially as Red Hood but checked out the first trade from the New 52 because my library had it and they had the whole run and I could go from trade to trade if I wanted to. I barely made it to the third issue in the first arc, when I stopped and just couldn't continue - and as it was, I had skimmed a bit of what I had gotten through. So that, on top of the fact that I think Lobdell is a competent hack (as opposed to an unimaginative hack like Jurgens) and I'd really disliked what he did with Superboy and with Superman in the New 52, I just avoid Rebirth Red Hood and while I'm not reading it, I did like the current Bizarro arc in the story times I waded into.

I don't care how well Deathstroke is written, what pedigree the writer has, I've got a ton of other books I'm interested in to not waste time on Slade Wilson, whom ever time I come across him in a book I am reading or have seen him otherwise, he's just been annoying or tedious.

This is why people think characterfags are cancer and belong on reddit and cbr.