/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Best Trooper Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out Next Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E9: "Rebel Assault" (Mon 13)
Doctor Aphra 14 (Wed 15)
Darth Vader 8: Legacy's End (Wed 15)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Fri 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Kindred & Crawler Commanders
youtube.com/watch?v=wi8UaZ_pX30

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmx94cUVEY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GEPcxs5IIJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>master race

>BF2 reveal trailer
>comment section is full of people saying the protag would defect to the rebels
>devs have to come out and confirm that she would not defect and would remain imperial til the end of the game
>game comes out
>she defects

Reminder that the Jakku story in Legends of Luke Skywalker was a misinterpretation of Del's encounter with Luke and Kylo on Pillio in Battlefront 2.

Did they say anything about the way they filmed TLJ for 3D specifically or it's going to be just a bad, dark added filter like it was for TFA?

*inhales*

So when exactly is Iden and Del's kid mentioned in BF2? I just watched the whole game and I never noticed anything about them having a kid.

god fucking dammit

wait is he supposed to be space asian?

The fact that they jumped sides so quick was pathetic. This supposedly "trained elite squadron", yeah no.

I don't understand why people are so mad about this and still desperately clinging to "m-m-maybe she's a double agent!"

We were promised a story that was "from the Imperial pov" by the devs. And the devs fucking lied. They even said multiple times that your main character would stay with the Empire by the end of the game. It's clear that they lied now.

>who is this Curry Cunny
>who is this Hyderabad Harlot
>who is this Brahma Mama
>who is this Lewd Vindaloo
>who is this Hindu Sin-Do
>who is this Lucknow Fuck-Me-Now
>who is this Mahout Muff-Diver
>who is this Hot Baabhiat
>who is this Lahore Whore
>who is this Raunchy Rani
>who is this Calcutta Slutta
>who is this Vedic Vagina
>who is this Cop-A-Feel Patel
>who is this Flesh Ganesh
>who is this Hot Ass from the Khyber Pass
>who is this Sutlej Slut
>who is this Lezzy Desi
>who is this Sikhi Ficki-Ficki
>who is this Sri Lanka Wee-Wee-Longer
>who is this Swami Mommy
>who is this Tacky Paki
>who is this Handy Gandhi
>who is this Fug-All Mughal
>who is this Shiva Shemale
>who is this Pozzer Raja
>who is this Pashtun Prostitute
>who is this Whorier Maurya Amazon Warrior
>who is this Blowjobby Punjabi
>who is this Bangalore Men-Galore
>who is this Mumbai Milker
>who is this Flesh-Wallet Dalit
>who is this Great Head Dot-Head
>who is this Sperm Pachyderm
>who is this Turbanator Masturbator
>who is this Deccan Trap
>who is this Skeet Pajeet
>who is this Udder Pradesh

Traitors
Why would anyone join that terrorist group? Rebels? Pfft

>tfw a single ticket for TLJ at my cinema is £15.05

I swear this is more expensive than the last two.

Ok? Who gives a fuck? You do realized the Empire are the bad guys right? Not like the 'good or bad guys depending on who you are', they literally wipe out entire planets full of innocent people. They're literally the narrative villains of the story that is Star Wars. And it's not even like you don't have countless other stories in this universe showing the mindset of the Empire either both in canon and the EU.

>it doesn't count as "imperial POV" if the "imperial POV" only lasts for 99% of the game and changes at the last second
the salt harvest is good this time of year

She ain't Hispanic?

>last second
It's not the last second. About half the story campaign will be fighting for the rebels.

>the "imperial POV" only lasts for 99% of the game

More like 30%

>"imperial POV" only lasts for 99% of the game and changes at the last second
she defects on Theed. it's like, first post-trial mission, how in hell is it 99%

$4 in my "third world" country and no muslim here, what a deal!

No she's Indian (75%)

Janina Gavankar is Indian

Don't forget, we've had numerous Imperial POV stories this year. Rebels, Inferno Squadron's book, FACPOV, and others.

>REE WHY DID HELLBOY TURN INTO A CHRISTFAG INSTEAD OF BRINGING ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE OF OGDRU JAHAD

>I don't like playing as the icky bad guys
Dude, grow the fuck up. And like I said we were PROMISED that this would be an Imperial story. The devs broke that promise. And we really don't get many Star Wars game where we're allowed to play as the dark side and we get too many games where we're just playing as the regular "good guy". Besides, the Empire isn't just the bad guys. They're actually more complicated and have reason for what they do that we never ever see. In the hands of a competent writer we could have a very good story. But lazy writers just want to make a typical boring and safe story.

yes! she joins the good guys

So the people upset by this obviously didn't read inferno squad. Too bad for them but i saw this coming.

Don't feel too bad. I've seen an user claim this was black in the Domino thread

>EVIL GALACTIC EMPIRE
what did they mean by this?

People who rage about anything that happens in Star Wars these days tend not to have consumed any of the new canon media.

>comparing to hellboy
You're literally retarded.

*I saw
fuc

>evil galactic empire
That's from the rebel point of view you fucking simpleton.If we got a story from the Imperial point of view you can bet sure as fuck that the text would call the Rebels a pack of disgusting evil anarchists.

16 euro at my cinema
It's insane. Makes me almost consider not watching it at the cinema

It doesn't matter. The devs PROMISED a imperial pov story! There's nothing wrong with getting pissed that somebody would break a promise that would be the main selling point of a product!

>unironic impaboos
How much do "Hitler did nothing wrong" T-shirts cost?

user they BLOW UP PLANETS! enslave people you can't turn around and say we're not just the bad guys

> kills civilians
> kills children
> kills her own subordinates
i sleep
> sees cinder
WTF I HATE EMPIRE NOW

I cancelled my BF2 pre-order today, I'm not positive to the incredible amount of credit grinding to unlock basic heroes. Can't say that I care about the campaign now that it's just another Stormtrooper killing simulator.

>projecting this much

Also Mothma's idiocy has crippled the NR.

hope will not save them, freedom is chaos

>A promise

Are you 12? I suppose you think the last Jedi PROMISES that Luke and rey fall to the dark side And the jedi end.

Who the fuck cares. Planets are dime a fucking dozen, and those are open rebellion planets to. Loss of life is a part of war. And the rebels sure had no problem blowing up a entire station full of Imperial workers, did they?
Why are you making this about Hitler? Are you so thin skin that you have to compare real world events to fictional stories? Is that what this is about?

See you on the battfront user!

Reminder: anybody that thinks George Lucas was just being "from a certain point of view" when his Word of God opening crawl informed everybody that the Empire was EVIL before the movie even fucking started, is either legitimately mentally deficient or a salty EUfag. Those two categories are not mutually exclusive.

These are non comparative and you bloody well know it. Nobody said that Luke or Rey is going to fall to the dark side.

The devs explicitly STATED that the game would be a story from the Imperial point of view. That's different from hinting out. That's outright lying.

>unironically saying alderaan deserved it
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA
Please, keep posting, this is great.

Good for you.

We do see the imperial point of view. Abd theybsaid this in THE MARKETING just TLJ misleads retards like you with it's MARKETING.

after they fuck up 3 planets, one of them being Scarif full of Imperial workers and soldiers,

killing your own men = the good guys

Fuckoff sourgrapesfag

> DICE and EA shills will defend this

>enjoying star wars is sour grapes
Uh, ok?

>the people who made this story didn't reveal the twist of the story in promotional material
HOLY FUCK GUYS STOP THE PRESSES!
>They're actually more complicated and have reason for what they do
And so does Iden and Del.
>that we never ever see.
Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
The Force Unleashed
Allegiance
Empire comic
Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
Darth Vader and the Lost Command
Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin
Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows
Purge
Battlefront 2 (2005)
Through Imperial Eyes
Battlefront: Inferno Squad
Servants of the Empire
Lost Stars
Tarkin
Darth Vader (2015)
Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith
Catalyst
The Voice of the Empire
Orientation
TK-462
Thrawn
From a Certain Point of View
The Levers of Power
Aftermath
Aftermath: Life Debt
Aftermath: Empire's End
Phasma

>But lazy writers just want to make a typical boring and safe story.
Character arcs are literally the opposite of lazy. And before you say 'reeee why does Iden stay a good guy that's not a character arc' one possible character arc can be a character either growing or degrading morally in which case Iden is growing morally because she leaves the genocidal Empire and joins the democratic and freedom based New Republic.

Here's a real quesiton. Why do you bloody care if you play as a bad guy? It's a fictional story for christ's sake. And I just wanted a story where we get to play as the bloody bad guys for once. So fuck off you shill. Go suck EA's and Disney's dick like the corporate drone you are.

FALSE ALARM IT WAS JUST A SHILL POSTER

Show me a quote where the BFII devs said the game would be entirely, 100% from an Imperial POV.

I will defend this while not giving a fuck if you don't buy the game (I won't because I don't have a modern console) and will actively encourage that you buy the games from EA's competitors.

>Telling people how to enjoy star wars is ok

Kys

Look at all these Disney shills going into complete damage control.

>>the people who made this story didn't reveal the twist of the story in promotional material
Shit, reading that, now I know we're dealing with neo-Sup Forumsedditors.

can't resist that rebellion dic

can see a nip
also not an argument

Look at this /virgin/ still fuming. The salt harvest is bountiful today boys!

Oh yeah, joing the New Republic which is so competent that they somehow allowed the remnants of the Empire regroup and build a Death station even more powerful than the original Death Star. Way to fucking go guys.

Someone cloned Sabine?

This. I ain't an "EMPIRE DINDU NUFFIN" fag, I just want something different. I mean, at least give me a choice on which side to go with, don't just stick me on a railroad like 90% of other games.

>this thread

I didn't do that though? I'm just saying what Star Wars is. It's a movie for 12 year olds about black and white morality, where the good heroes defeat the evil bad guys. I'm sorry if that rustles your jimmies, but that's Star Wars for you, and if you don't like it, well then maybe it's not for you, and you should try to find enjoyment with another franchise instead of continuing to disparage a franchise you dislike.

meth wolves > loth wolves

I give absolutely 0 fucks whether you consume Disney products and I actually implore you to support their competitors due to their borderline monopolistic business practices.
Incompetent =/= Immoral. Shitty homeless shelters that can't afford to reasonably take care of all the homeless children in their cities aren't immoral, they're just not competent enough to achieve their moral goals.

Here's a free (You)

You did the right thing user
EA has gone too far with Battlefront 2 and people really shouldn't buy the game until they've done away with all the scummy crap in it

Don't bother arguing with nirvana fallacy "MOTHMA RUINED THE GALAXY" saw posting memers.

>posts a Sup Forums gif
Really gets the noggin joggin.

That story sounds familiar

Well this thread did't go to shit fast or anything

thnks were the good guys

Except she kinda did. I'm not saying she's a bad person, but she was clearly so nostalgic for the good ol' days she failed to learn from the mistakes of the past.

There's been a Sup Forums invasion going on with the standard ancient Sup Forums memes regurgitated by newfags from neogaf and reddit. They're swarming every board, and considering /swco/ threads attract the worst shitposting on the entire site, this isn't a big surprise.

Except in Star Wars incompetence is exactly what makes the Empire allowed to exist. And dear god the lazy in Star Wars in the game and the new movies is so lazy and boring I'm saddened to see people still happy to consume a bland and sterile corporate story that does nothing to challenge or change things in anyway. Hell, in the Force Awakens we get an imperial defector. In Rogue One the main character's father is a defector. And in this stupid game we get yet another defector. If this were any other franchise we would call this just lazy writing. It's completely and utterly expected at this point.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 handled the light and dark side with much more grace and great writing. Why can't we just get a story where the good and bad guys are handled with some competency? Maybe you could have had the Imperial guys in the game realize that while the Empire did some immoral things in the past, they'll continue working for the empire because the knows how beneficial it can be while also trying their best to make it not so bad in the future. That would be some good character growth without being a complete betrayal at the same time.

She accomplished what no one in the galaxy of Legends ever DREAMED of doing:
>30 consecutive years of general peace
Can you name 30 consecutive years of general peace in the EU? Can you name ONE year of post-ROTJ peace in the EU?

>KOTORfag
>not just a KOTORfag but KOTOR 2 kreiafag at that
Holy shit Chris Avellone posts on Sup Forums?

Alright /swco/ pick your poison...

/ss/ or Iden probe droid?

>He's a dumb frogposter
>He has no arguments

What does the EU have to do with this?

And you know what's better than thirty years of peace? Not letting your enemies regroup and gather their strength for a Galactic Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo. Then you can have even more years of peace.

>This thread
youtu.be/GEPcxs5IIJI

>Maybe you could have had the Imperial guys in the game realize that while the Empire did some immoral things in the past, they'll continue working for the empire

why you know your working for the bad guys and the Empire is falling apart, hell look at cinder no point it other than killing as many civilians, children, and subordinates as you can

They're pretty much the same, one is just a more highly detailed and realistic version of a stylized object. I prefer the Viper myself.

And who let them? Was Mothma actually responsible for that? Because it seemed like she actually managed to stabilize a multipolar galactic peace, and assholes nobody ever knew about began subverting the NR from the inside long after she had left power, because, as a democratic leader, she does not rule for life. Do you really think Mon Mothma knew or could have done anything about Rae Sloane and the Eclipse? About Snoke in the UNKNOWN Regions? What could possibly have been done to prevent SKB exactly?

most Hispanics are part black including myself

>first thing in the entire franchise is literally what appears to be death itself in a black cloak/armor with an evil red bloody fire sword flanked by soldiers with armor meant to emulate skulls trying to stop a princess from destroying their 'Death Star' that can BLOW UP ENTIRE PLANETS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE
>people still don't get that Star Wars is meant to be a very simple good vs evil story made for children

>Ignores the years and years of adult fiction released with the star wars name on it.

I repeat KYS

>Why would you continue working for the bad guys
Because the Emperor is dead and so is Darth Vader. The main bad guys aren't around anymore so that opens up for different kinds of leadership. It's not that hard to write a story like that, you know? In fact if the new Star Wars trilogy wrote themselves in a universe where the Empire is simply changing away from the previous style of leadership then that would have made a much more interesting story than the one Disney ended up giving us.

>adult fiction
what you mean is
>teenage fanfiction

>I don't like my franchise evolving or getting more complex
>Please Disney and EA, feed me more of that grey and tasteless slop in between me taking your corporate dick.

Imagine the fat goblin that posts this shit.

Ok and that adult fiction was shit and didn't belong in Star Wars. Neither does the years and years of shitty gay erp fanfiction made for the World of Warcraft series.

Losts stars is not for kids. sourgrapesfag you are the biggest cancer in this thread.