What scenes or characters from video games helped to shape your modern or past political views?

A big one for me was this scene from the RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 when you arrive on a planet and are given the option of showing charity to a beggar.

If you give him money your adviser Kreia will chime in:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzLEBtObYxU

Before this I thought charity was always good. This scene taught me a lot about the repercussions of blind kindness and I believe it helped cure a small part of the naivete of childhood me.

Why was your scene/character so impressionable on you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QDofhsv-WZE
youtu.be/FZJFtFSE7TE?t=8m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA
youtube.com/watch?v=CohY_CMI8yg
youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnD95TDIsAc
youtube.com/watch?v=eBnCcC_rEdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I also started to think about this when Kreia said the same. And I ahve to say she is correct. We have to find a golden-midway in almost everything.

Most games taught me theyre full of shit because in the end making "good" choices always benefited you in the long run.

The KOTOR series had a big impact on me as a youngster. Without it I don't think I'd be the same person. Funny how something like that can shape you in such a unique way.

youtube.com/watch?v=QDofhsv-WZE

Everything Caesar says

post more videos/audio clips

Damn I can't believe I missed that dialogue. New Vegas was an incredible game and the way the conflict is presented really speaks to the different philosophies of the various factions and their reasons for wanting to rule the dam and cast the rest of the wasteland in their image.

I made Sup Forums themed KOTOR II OC. r8 and h8

I bought it thinking it was an innocent star wars game and it chiseled my morality forever. It's really a masterpiece.

Good stuff

You guys are joking, right?
Are you by any chance fucking 12 years old?

Jesus Christ, just kill yourself you fucking nerd

shut up some of it is good philosophy. its the same as a book.

Kotor 2 sucked

Pleb status: filtered

Kotor 1= top fucking tier
Kotor 2= pleb tier

Kreia legit did a lot to shape how I view the world.

That crazy old witch did more to develop my world view than anyone else in my life honestly.

>don't do good things because they may turn into bad things
>it's just like books!

Literally the definition of pleb.

Pretentious teenagers.
I love KotoR (2 at least) but a video game didn't shape any of my political beliefs.
PS Caesar is a fucking cuck
>muh Hegel
Pathetic

Am I supposed to be ashamed of having fun evaluating the valuable lessons which can be conveyed in a popular form of media? It's an opportunity to present an idea which the player finds on their own as a result of curiosity or their actions.

But I suppose making fun of people on Sup Forums is a more valuable outlet for your "grown-up" minds.

youtu.be/FZJFtFSE7TE?t=8m12s

fucking retards. why don't you just cum and shit all over your keyboard because that's the equivalent of your gay dumb opinions

We were teens when the game was released. Still have good memories about it and it was really good game. Kreia is the best. Too bad there is no KOTOR 3

Dismissing information because of it's source is the most blue pilled pleb thing you can do.

You're mentally still children, it's ridiculous. Go read some books you literal niggers and educate yourself. I bet you haven't read a politics book regarded as cult classic.

>Most games taught me theyre full of shit because in the end making "good" choices always benefited you in the long run.

You played shit games. Marathoning Deus Ex at 14 taught me efficient resource management in high-stress environments, that cops and intelligence apparatuses of the government are acting in the best interests of the rich and elite, that agents embroiled in these schenanigans are lied to if not more than civillians,

Oh, and the literal nature of high-profile terrorist attacks being government false-flag psyops allowed to happen.

Total redpill dump for the year 2002. Even now, more and more elements from the world building and fluff ring true in the modern era.

I'm not saying this is some kind of magnum opus of art. Just a very small thing which opened my young eyes to new possibilities and I'm thankful for the experience.

WHAT?!
Why are there 2 Darth Sions?

yeah its such a surprise that being kind and making friends with powerful people will help you out in the end

fucking games!

I'm dismissing the source because it's the most bluepilled shit ever.
Newsflash, Kreia berates you no matter what. Caesar is a cuck and the Senator a memer. They all die canonically.

You don't need excellent or even good writing to convey a strong political message. Ayn Rand or whoever the fuck you worship certainly didn't write Hitler's speeches.

Same. Kotor 2 was probably the best video game sequel ever made.

Metal Gear solid II was on some mindblowing illuminatti shit

Kreai fro Kotor 2 turned me nihilistic and altered how I treat everyone as potential tools to further the positive status in my life.

Sometimes I give sometimes I take. Every day is a balancing act not to fall one way or another.

Fucking illusive man from ME3 helped repill me on humanity as a tool to achieve long term survival though genocides and genetic manipulation/eugenics. Justified a lot of Goebbels actions in my mind.

So because someone is mean to you and dies, that means what they say isn't correct.

Thanks for correcting my record.

>Mean people can't be right!

I don't know about video games, but Nanoha made me rethink my position on same sex unions and adoption of children by same sex couples.
Of course I mean only lesbians.

>Red Pill The Game

youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA

Even naming the top jews.

I like this thread

getting your views from a shitty sithlord she

youtube.com/watch?v=CohY_CMI8yg

Paarthunax seriously in the top 50 wisest game characters of all time, anything he says is gold. Also his stuff is way more profound and on another level than just simple political issues and base opinions.

The lead writer of KotOR2 (who was also the lead writer of Planescape: Torment) introduced a lot of pretty interesting ideas on good and evil, charity and selfishness and how poorly thought out actions you intended to be positive can instead have staggeringly bad consequences.

In many cases the "good' choice isn't necessarily the choice that leads to the greatest happiness for the most number of people even if it's what "feels nice" at the time.

Yeah, KotOR2, Planescape: Torment and others are "just" video games, but video games can teach lessons and morals just as much as books, movies or real life examples can.

To simply write off any sort of learning or growth that doesn't come out of a book is the height of hubris. People learn things in different ways and from different places. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have learned valuable lessons from Sup Forums for example.

>What scenes or characters from video games helped to shape your modern or past political views?

None, because I'm not autistic and therefore don't take my worldview from video games.

The Metal Gear Solid series, probably for most people. Before playing I always thought government corruption would be something obvious that anyone could see coming from a mile away and would come in the form of censorship. These games show me how much you can juxtapose a narrative to fit another. The negatives of rhetoric and how much values mean. The whole series is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

>when you arrive on a planet and are given the option of showing charity to a beggar.
I 'member. :3

>waaah this game didn't break the series' pattern of a new protag each time and give us a linear cash-in on SOLID SNEK
>waaah this game's plot is too complicated
>waaah this game is too hard
>waaah why are the characters talking about complicated non-shooty things

MGSII was too good for normies.

I mostly played strategic games and always avoided campaigns for some reason. I used to play the fuck out of freeplay modes instead. I had a lot of time to think and analyze stuff in silence.

I came to the conclusion that a single, wise ruler with lots of power is the best solution for a nation and had always thought of an absolute monarchy as the perfect political system. I could never imagine how a democracy where everyone is allowed to vote would ever be effective. Once I started getting into real-life politics I saw that I wasn't wrong on a lot of subjects, subjectively of course.

Kreia was a stupid fucking cunt throughout the entire course of the game to be quite desu with you.
If it were posible I would have finished her off on the morgue bed.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnD95TDIsAc
This music still makes me sad. This is the music I want to play when I unfreeze myself 200 years from now, come to europe and see whites no longer exist, only niggers hopping around buildings that are slowly consumed by plants and trees.

>3:30
Spooky

praise K e k!

With how much I see this bitch here I have to say that was extremely overrated. Why does she get glorified so much here?

>Cuban intellectuals

Ulfric Stormcloak

praise kek

youtube.com/watch?v=eBnCcC_rEdk

I'm genuinely curious why you think what she said was a life changing experience. Is this how small the world view of you jokers is that a video game shapes your lives.

Read a book.

>Information is only legimate when brought to you by this medium, because its older and therefore more sophisticated

So, why are you on a taiwanese horsefuckingboard discussing politics then? Shouldnt you be at the local University or Party Headquarters to discuss your believes?

philosophy isn't really something i expect a verified nonwhite to comprehend or understand, so don't feel bad that you're missing out.

>tfw no kotor III

it still hurts

Literally no different value between a book and video game, you could read the exact same quote in a book, this has voice and scenery to it.

Recently downloaded planescape, haven't touched it yet
Is it good ? Compared to kotor 2

Mass Effect (1 and 2) were big ones

Also Oblivion

>kotor 3
Best leave it at 2 user, EA is the sole company allowed to make Star Wars games from now on
Star Wars games are over

the old republic is kotor 3, dimshit

not him but its real top tier stuff

make sure to max wisdom, intelligence helps a lot. the game really opens up if you max both and going mage works well.

i don't want a kotor from EA

Well of course there's no difference in between book form or kids game when what is being presented has no value to begin with. It's the fish vs fishing principle and your medium fails to properly even present that.

Saged and reported.

Well, too bad, lucasarts doesn't fucking exist anymore and disney owns the star wars IP.

Yes this! I always site this as one of the reasons I love this game.

Do you mind explaining about this character to someone who hasn't played the game, user? I'm familiar with this picture mostly from 'barbar' videos on youtube.

Also anyone got the screencap of the r9k priest in The Witcher?

Global Rule 7

I learned that you can't force someone to accept the redpill, they must take it willingly.

This thread isn't breaking any rules amigo. The original question was centered on politics, was it not?

It's good for reading, but the game mechanics are very dated.

I'm not a neofag but i do like actually playing vidya for the story because it's a cool medium

fallout new vegas, especially Caesar's Legion's contrast to the NCR really shaped my political belief. Caesar redpilled me.

None because i take politics seriously and read books without big pictures in them. Fuck off faggot.

after Mass Effect 3 I don't want anyone to touch old titles

Humanity first, the alien races can fuck right off.

So good. Probably the best track from the OST.

Almost tempted to become a mormon.

KREIA DID NOTHING WRONG!

>I take politics seriously and read books without big pictures in them

>browses Sup Forums which is usually made up of short quips and big pictures

lol so many faggots projecting hard. if you don't like vidya then get the fuck off this knitting board you pretentious faggots and go on CSPAN or whatever you regard as a legitimate platform for discussion

The concepts and political views in video games are juvenile at best, safe for 2 or 3 games in total. On the other hand you have thousands of books and other media which can give you a good insight into political ideas and ideologies.

yea, we wept when we remembered Zion

Video games have taught me that lots of black men fought and died in WW1. I had no idea there were so many black men in Germany back then either!

It has taught me how even in war with many countries involved, they still had diverse multicultural societies.

Why was history so white washed?

If Legion only had better representation in the game.

I read a lot about Legion lore and they are actually pretty good.

What you basically see in game, is war tactics, Legion is assholes because they are on the path of warfare with mojave.

On actual Legion grounds, water and food is much cheaper than in NCR.

Raiders are stomped to the ground immidiately.

Every instance of corruption within the Legion, even the smallest, is met with draconic punishment. And that's a big one, considering how you can bribe almost any NCR person in game.

Slavery? It's only used on profiligates and tribals. Tribals live primitive lives of murder and rape, Legion gives them at least stability and a real reason to live.

I can even argument that women have it better on Legion grounds, sure, they can't participate in politics and combat, but they don't have to degrade themselves into drugs and prostitution, like in NCR, since water and food is easy to come by.

Once you think about it, Legion is a stable and safe society in a shitty world.

Mojave is ridden with cancer, and Legion is your chemotherapy.

Most people are on Sup Forums if they like to talk about Vidya, not on a politics board.

Imagine if Soros was a cyborg and was jewing other aliens races so humans would be on top costs be damed
Played by Martin sheen

this is about politics derived from vidya.
there isn't anything else going on, nothing to prevent from being saged. i don't see the issue here.

I would like to do Legion run but the lack of their content in game just makes me go for Yes-Man every single playthrough.

>we will never get another Obsidian Fallout because Bethesda and Zenimax are enormous faggots

Try reading her words instead of looking at the screen. She's telling you "YU DONT KNO WUT UR DOING!!!!" but not advancing any reasonable counterargument. Why is it silly to expect a good outcome, and not a bad one? Her argument is so poor the game has to conjure a scenario where the poor guy dies just to lend it some credence. In a book the author can still bullshit but it is defintely not that easy

"There is a faction of meatbags called the Sith. They want what any rational meatbag would want – the power to assassinate anyone they choose at any time."

Skipped all the dialogues.

Best childhood games:

2.smash bro
3. Resident evil 2

>Implying books and film aren't also vulnerable to the influence of cultural marxism

It's a method of media, not a final product in and of itself.