Will we ever see the classic Care Bears again?

Will we ever see the classic Care Bears again?

Didn't they try to reboot it when the colorful horses show started to get insanely popular?

its been rebooted like 4 times now, current reboot is a CGI series on netflix that used to be on the hub but when that died, it got moved online.

but yes the classic series (the DIC series) was good, the Nelvana series was pretty good too.. pic related, from one of the DIC episodes

This is what their current incarnation looks like.

This was their previous design. which i think they designed this one to compete with the horse show due to the simple designs and toony kid feel

and this atrocity I dont even want to remember it exists, this was the first reboot after they "came out of hibernation" this was Nelvana's attempt at CGI. this was total shit the designs were shit the bears always looked pissed off even when happy. I am glad I never bought these movies on DVD as I do own all the nelvana series and movies on DVD. this was just not going into my collection because it was such shit. but check out the comparison of this CGI and the new one, and its a total opposite in quality. Nelvana fucked up on this one. this is from the reboot movie "journey to joke-a-lot"

like seriously. its a total 180 on quality from this when it came out, to the new CGI series

and then theres this stupid motherfucker. he didnt actually HAVE a tummy symbol, oh I mean "belly badge" as they change it to. he drew it on with a fuckin crayon, he was the bumbling idiot fuckup who always got himself and the others into trouble. not sure what was the point of them adding him in the "adventures in care-a-lot" reboot.

what gets me is the TV series of AICAL was not CGI, but the movie and specials were. like WTF?

example. the movie to kick off this new series. the CGI wasnt bad really... alot better than that "joke-a-lot" fiasco shit

I feel like im alone here. here, have another AICAL pic

I really miss them. they changed my life

guess OP abandoned his own thread. thats ok I will hijack it with lots of care bears

the movie poster for the 2nd movie was cute.

this movie was full of cute cubs at the beginning.

dawwwww

more from the 2nd movie

I stil never got the concept of the 2 movies. the first movie they didnt know the cousins and were full grown when they met. the 2nd movie, they were all cubs together and grew up together.

total fucking mindblow. pic related, from the first movie

the problem is that all the reboot think the "helping a kid per week" part shouldn't be kept when it's the fucking core of the CAREbears. without it it's just a shitty slice of life smurf rippoff

yeah. exactly. they have changed them so much that kids today dont know what the hell the care bears actually DO besides solve problems and argue with each other.

the TV series was good until they started making the care bears "trendy" by having a "main cast" of cheer bear, bright heart, treat heart, and champ bear. also giving them clothes and other changes such as cheer having a pony tail. how the hell does a BEAR have a pony tail? like WTF!

my fav's

Who else wished the Rainbow Brite reboot was done by the makers of Star Butterfly?

it was nice thet they wanted to add some variety to the show, but this pissed me off. supposedly they were "scared off" as cubs. but are now found by accident... but yet they were not in the 2nd movie. also if they were scared off wouldnt they go look for them? so they basically abandon them as cubs? WTF also they never appeared in another episode ever

hey rainbow faggot this is a care bear thread, fuckoff. make your own goddamn thread

One of my favorite episodes of the series, it always made me cry when I was younger.

yeah.. some of the episodes were a little emotional.. one of the things that made them great

Can I just say Care Bears had a pretty good sleuth of villains, I mean Nicolas & the Spirit was crazy, Dark Heart was basically a kid devil, No Heart basically started the whole evil wizard who face is covered up in a dark robe, hell even Gizzle from "Adventures in Care-A-Lot" was creative being a non-care-bear bear with a Napoleon Complex and a giant mech suit

beastly was a bumbling fuckup, I dont consider him an actual villian, even if he worked for no-heart. Dr. Fright was a no-heart knock-off even if they both appeared in this episode.

I couldn't care less.

GET OUT.

What the fuck is this? Just because you can render fuzz now doesn't mean you should.

They look less like fluffy bears and more like plushies x(

thats the latest design of them... sure beats this bullshit

I think that's the point; they finally look like the dolls.

At least these ones don't look durian-skinned.

gotta admit, tenderheart gots a nice booty

they look like an old lesbian couple

Oh god, that movie... I didn't care for it as a kid (no pun intended) but looking back at it... it's awful.

Thinking back to this, Noheart is a pretty badass name for a villain.

yeah I cringed watching this shitfest. back then I had rented it from netflix when they had DVD rentals, good thing I didnt buy this movie. it was horrible

>lesbian couple

yeah uhm they arent both female you douche canoe

Well to be fair, Noble Heart kinda looks feminine.

nice. I have that same pic. I have the one for true heart also :)

also, Noble Heart was voiced by a female in the movie, and a male in the TV series. kinda weird tho not sure why they did this

>The boy looks like a girl and the girl looks like a boy

Truly they were ahead of their time

Wow really? I don't remember that xD then again, I haven't seen that movie in forever soo... also I'm happy someone else has some concept art!

I downloaded them from a website I saw linked I think on FB. not sure. I have a bunch of those

neato

I miss the old care bears, I want the 80s back.

I hope someday, someone reboots it nicely. The new ones suck.

well, they are 35 years old now. not sure how many more times they can reboot the franchise...

In an alternate dimension this reboot got the popularity that mlp has in our dimension.

This was before 2010

Sigh... I can dream :'(

with all the changes they have made over the years, added unnecessary characters, I dont think they will ever go back to the "original 10"

>added unnecessary characters
like which ones?

lets see.. they added BEST FRIEND BEAR when there is already a friend bear. they added a spanish bear AMIGO BEAR they added daydream bear when theres already a bedtime bear. and surprise bear which is a knockoff of birthday bear. and now this new one rainbow heart bear. like WTF. and then theres wonderheart bear. who basically replaced hugs and tugs

how is that a positive? Kids need to learn abstraction. A brain that can't abstract is a slave, or a soldier. It's docile and empty. Don't raise animals, raise people.

Okay, I understand the others but what's wrong with Amigo Bear? Last time I checked, Amigo is the only one who can speak spanish, that way he can help a wider group of kids. Though I suppose they could just make a bear that can speak all languages...

I think you need to get laid. get rid of all that anger

didnt say anything was wrong with him, just saying I think hes unnecessary

Maybe they should make a version where the bears tackle a bi more mature situations that kids go through, like puberty for example...

since when do the bear "speak english"? didn't they help all sort of kids in the older show?

What are you talking about? I'm just thinking that they would need a bear who's bilingual for kids who don't speak english.

no, just. no. in fact dont ever mention that ever again. the care bears help kids with kid problems not adult problems.

fuck that spic kid. he can get dora the explorer to help him!

The old Care Bear series prevented me from being a complete piece of shit.

me too
^5 bro

bumpin with screenshots

Ah, I love Hugs n' Tugs...

I bet the pink one has a nice plump butt

What does that have to do with OP's question?

a proto cutie mark crusader.

absolutely nothing, my friend, just an observation ;)

It'd be even cooler if you jumbled the letters and slapped an X in there.

It would have made more sense if the first section were in the past and ended with the Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins being split up to help protect them from Darkheart. Then the first movie happens and then we skip ahead to the present.

But I probably just put more thought into that than the actual writers did.

Alrighty. Carry on then :P