So what exactly is the canon now after Ridley Scott fucked it up?

So what exactly is the canon now after Ridley Scott fucked it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dimU4Rv7f_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_x9W1xKng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing good, Prometheus 2: Covenant undid the first Alien movie.

>Prometheus 2: Covenant undid the first Alien movie.
What the fuck? The whole movie? But not Aliens and Alien 3?

Why couldn't he just leave it alone?

Don't listen to him. It doesn't actually contradict anything from the first movie. But it is fucking terrible, yeah.

>tfw we'll never get another good Alien movie ever

More like nothing gets connected to the first movie so nothing happens and again nothing is explained.

>hey everyone let's bitch about not having the last two alien movies be complete repeats of horror slash bullshit that doesn't scare anyone any more

Same as it was before. Why wouldn't it be?

Not to defend Covenant, which is dire, but there's another film planned which should link it through to Alien.

all it did was retcon the avp movies even moreso than prometheus did. and thats fine fuck that garbage.

the original movies are still intact

ive heard fans say this is the starwars prequel age for alien. if thats true i think alien is getting off easy

Does it matter?

One could argue only the movies are canon. The canon is shit

Scott says it's Prometheus, Covenant, unnamed third movie, Alien, and that's it.

Why is Scott such a no fun having grandpa?

and it looks like the franchise might even get a Disney era...

I always thought of all these fucking spin offs how come we never got another Colonial Marines thing?

Like a spinoff movie? Or spinoff media in general? Because Gearbox probably tanked any chance of a Colonial Marines game ever getting made.
>all those bugs and retarded retcons

Fuck it here I go.
The alien is a genetic doomsday parasite weapon developed by a progenitor race to destroy any evolutionary mistakes. You just drop the aliens goo on a planet you dropped your teraforming pre-life goo on if that life you cultivated turns out wrong. The aliens need constant new genetic material to continue reproduction or they go into hibernation. At some point the progenitors fuck up and dump the goo on themselves, wiping their own ass out. Oh yeah, you know humanity? Evolutionary mistake.
We don't know the predators roll in all this. They have been retconned out of alien continuity. Whether they're a whole different species or engineered specifically to hunt aliens or whatever, as of right now they don't exist in the aliens universe.

You do understand Scott hates the military he made the marines in aliens jobbers on purpose of course yeah Hudson became a badass before his death its still clear Cameron has a big anti military bias in his movies.

Which is another corean cargo ship full of bullshit to add to the pile

>We don't know the predators roll in all this. They have been retconned out of alien continuity

this is a good thing. when it comes to AVP, fuck predators they've been leeching off the alien for decades

give me the quick rundown

Does he hate the military enough to not make a spin off?

>committee-mandated family friendly throwaway alien movies every year

as bad as it is now this would be worse

Name one Cameron movie where the military is portrayed in a good light and doesn't gets its ass handed to them

at least the comics are still good

Ridley Scott didn't have anything to do with Aliens. Cameron portrayed the "military" as fairly competent in both The Terminator, and Aliens.
Getting your ass handed by a fucking thousand aliens and death machines is expected.

The Abyss

Why would two shitty movies make one of the best ones "not canon"?

after ridley's done with his flute playing android homos maybe they can let blomkamp to do his marine fanfiction

Alien vs Predator exists in another universe. At lease the films are.

You're posting examples where a CO is a retarded dickhead and most of his subordinates go against him, or have severe misgivings about his actions. That's not him shitting on the military. That's him shitting on shitty people.

Don't start that shit up.
The "not muh horror" fags always get pissy about Aliens.
Despite it being the better movie.

What sucks is Ridley was the only thing preventing Blomkamp's pitch from being made. Both Weaver and Cameron loved Blomkamp's pitch.

nothing is cannon
everything is heresy

Lets hope Shane blacks Predator movie is good and a hit and maybe we can get another AvP movie that retcons the retcons. Scott really is a moron though.

Alien=Aliens > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien vs Predator > Alien Resurrection >>> Alien: Covenant >>> Alien vs Predator 2.

Did it? I mean I don't think that robot David created the species? I think he found a way to recreate them.

I'd watch Alien: Resurrection before Prometheus again.

I maintain that, save for a Colonel Marines focused movie, the only way to make an interesting Alien movie is to make it a sci-fi/comedy following a sentient Xenomorph that travels the spaceways playing a saxophone.

You can't argue this.

>Not Horror

Neither is Prom or Prom 2?

I'd just love to see a full recreation of AvP the game as a movie.

Marines and Preds should always end in a mutual respect.

What was Blomkamp's thing?

Basically it was gonna be a sequel to Aliens that ignores Alien 3 and Resurrection. It would have focused on Ripley, Hicks, and a now grown up Newt.

Thomas Jane is a veteran who convinces other veterans at the military hospital to band together and go hunt down the predators for fun.

It's going to be great.

Fucking Stokoe makes berserk delays look good issue 4 doesn’t come out until mid December

We have no idea yet. We have to know if David creates the modern xenomorph or not.
Even if he does, there's still a plothole regarding the murals in Prometheus which implied they were already created.

I guess it's easier to ignore Alien Covenant than to make another movie and try to explain it.

But Ridley stomped that shit like a bug so instead of getting a good aliens movie we got unneeded alien origin shit all I wanted was something that made the shitty aliens 3 and resurrection non canon

>marines and preds fight

yeah that's so different than putting two spiders in a jar and shaking it to see if they fight. we should all keep getting entertaiened off of dead soldiers and use it as a cathartic outlet for patriotism at the same time

youtube.com/watch?v=dimU4Rv7f_Q

I like to think that Covenant is a dream David has as his head lies there on the ground of the Engineer ship.

>Why couldn't he just leave it alone?

pour le money.

It doesn't directly contradict it, but the xenomorphs being man-made will prevent the Big Jockey derelict from happening in a way that makes sense, given that in the first movie it looked like a millennia old crashed ship.

The thing that got completely nuked was any connection whatsoever that Alien had to Predators. You can't have an Alien skull in the Predator ship in Predator 2, if Aliens were man-made two centuries later.

Prometheus 3 will be either dull as fuck (if that is even possible...), or will involve wormholes and time travel.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

The only way I can reconcile it is that xenomorphs are so perfect that they are the natural end to any black goo experimentation. Like, regardless of work put in, you're going to get something xenomorph-esque.

Because, as it stands, David creating xenomorphs as we know them, having also produced neomorphs, is bull shit.

xenomorphs are pretty fuckable ngl

Why cant they just make another big dumb action movie like Aliens instead of trying to get fancy with it?

>give me the quick rundown

Okay. Spoilers and shit ahead.

Engineers have a terraforming goo. This goo is absurdly viral, if a lone air molecule of it enters your ear, you'll get a pre-Alien inside you. Somehow they created Humanity on Earth by having one of them drink this shit, then jumping into a river as the goo ate him from the inside.

Lots of times later, humans start to search these dudes using caveman drawings to make a star map leading to them. They find a ship with more of this goo, and end up contaminated; this results in them becoming various monsters ranging from zombies to proto-aliens. It is never explained how the fuck this good actually works, other than that if it gets inside you, you die a horrible death, you turn into a zombie, or you'll get a proto-Alien inside you. They say that this is an "evolutionary catalyst" but don't explain it any further. You get quite a bunch of monsters that look like distant cousins to the Alien but not as well designed.

A synthetic human survivor goes to another planet and uses the goo to wipe out the Engineers. Then in his spare time, entirely on his own, he gene-engineers the proper Alien monster entirely on his own, has a full egg with a facehugger inside. Another group of humans visit this planet, the synth gives them the egg as a peace offer, yadda yadda yadda.

In the end this synth replaces the synth that came with the humans, goes onto their colony ship, and brings his own creations with him and puts them in the embryo bank.

How this ties up with Alien? Nobody knows. Presumably he'll infect another Engineer ship with the Alien and make it crash land somehow, for the first movie to be even possible in this Prometheus timeline.

Just Xenos?

hell yeah gimme that weirdo alien face to smooch

>for the first movie to be even possible in this Prometheus timeline.

It's not possible flat out, the ship in Alien was fossilized, it wasn't there thousands of years, it was there MILLIONS of years.

Prometheus shits on all that Lovecraftian feel of eldritch cosmic horror.

>make it a sci-fi/comedy following a sentient Xenomorph that travels the spaceways playing a saxophone.

That would just be a sub-plot in Spaceballs 2. Let them show an entire Aliens band, with a warrior playing on sax, a dog alien on percussion, a queen playing on multiple keyboards simultaneously, and Big Chap on vocals.

Nah dude, not even close. The next berserk chapter comes out in winter. That's it, just winter, it could be the very end or the beginning but let's face it, it's going be in the very end.

Fuck. What webcomic was this from? I forgot all about it until now. It must be like 10 years since I last read it

>Fucking Stokoe makes berserk delays look good issue 4 doesn’t come out until mid December

That's a drop in the ocean compared to Orc Stain.

But hey, if I could wait 13 years for Sky Doll book 4...

It's from /toy/, not a webcomic.

>wanted was something that made the shitty aliens 3 and resurrection non canon

I feel like if I'm the only person who liked Alien 3.

Oh, well, it reminded me of an old webcomic anyway. Good times

3 is a perfectly functional re-tread of the first Alien, but it rustles people because a) it killed Newt and Hicks kind of undermining the ending of Aliens, and b) it's a re-tread of Alien

Also because the eggs found on LV-426 were fossilized by 2122. Covenant happens at 2104.

directors cut was fine, the movie was a huge mess during production but there were still a lot of nice things about it, like the sets, the cinematography, acting and music.

they just should have gone further with either the original gothic monastery in a wooden planet idea, or something more fresh like exploring the xenomorph's behavior better.

It's not that the movies themselves make it noncanon. It's that Ridley Scott is an insane senile retard and wants his movies and only his movies be canon.

Kind of like what James Cameron wants to do with Terminator.

Except in Cameron's case he's right.

>complains that Scott fucked up the canon
>posts AvP
Something's not right here...

Yeah, that fucks me off too. How they're going to get David's eggs onto a Jockey ship and also have it crash and fossilse in 18 years is beyond me. It needs actual space magic to work and based on the poor writing of Covenant. Just lol

the prequals are the only good star wars movies, you wish this was bait.

for people that arent old as shit the originals are unwatchable

The very first teaser hinted an invasion on earth. That's how much of a clusterfuck this movie was behind scenes. I'm surprised something watchable came from all of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_x9W1xKng

George what are you doing here.

I enjoyed the AvP movie

here have a (you)

AvP was unironically a better ancient aliens movie than Prometheus.

no it doesn't make it good, but it's true.

The first movie is objectively good, you can use it to actually test if people have shit taste or not. The only thing is lacked was an R rating.

Strangly the second and that rating, but the plot just wasn't very interesting.

Prometheus ended with a sort of xenomorph cameo. Was that thing just completely unrelated to them?

Plus the second one was way to dark. You can barely see what's going on.

Second one was just a zombie movie but with xenos instead.
The Predator and Predator Xeno were kind of cool, but otherwise it was a pretty meh survival story.
Although I did like the scene where someone was running down a hallway in fear and accidentally ran straight into the path of a spear the Predator threw.

Alien Loves Predator?

Yeah

Cool thread recently read about the actor
Bolaji Badejo
> was a Nigerian visual artist and actor who became known as one of Hollywood's most unlikely on-screen performers in the role of the Alien in Ridley Scott's 1979 film Alien. He died of sickle cell anemia at the age of 39.

Alternatively, David was trying to recreate the space jockey xenomorphs, but they were inferior to the originals.

Doubt it though.

I wish Giger could've redesigned the Predator before he died. Part of the reason AvP crossovers always felt a bit tacky to me is how cheesy the Predator looks like compared to the timeless look of the Alien.

i think it was because none of the special effects companies that worked in the crossovers were competent or used any of the original designs and instead just made aliens look like chewed up jerky and melted cheese and predators look like fat LARPers barely able to move through the padding.

The effects in the first AVP were down by ADI the same studio that did Alien 3 and Resurrection.

>Both the original Alien and Predator are dead

Alien Resurrection's aliens also looked like shit

AvP's and AvP:R's Aliens literally used the same suits except with a paintjob and worn down to shit.

>Despite wanting to do the job very much, he was never allowed to design for the franchise again after the first movie

>When asked, he said he just wanted to make a good alien

The Alien franchise, that is.

Why do Preds have no chill?

I'm okay with Predator not being turned into even more of a vagina

They have killer dance parties in their off hours, I hear.

I like to think that the preds we see are just the rednecks and big game hunters of their civilization. The rest of the yautja have regular 9-5s, trying to make end's meet and go about their lives.

You can see it in the equipment, too. The one that hunts in the city brought a spear, a spear GUN, a plasma caster, energy disc, and a mono-net, in addition to a whole hunting club going as well. Clearly a rich weekend warrior. The jungle predator just had a big-ass wrist blade and a plasma caster, which leads me to believe he was just a bored redneck who hitched a ride.

Continuitycucks are the most pathetic people on the planet. Who the fuck cares about canon?

Evidently not the people making the movies.