The Crow Reborn

lots to unpack here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2ucqK4993c
imdb.com/title/tt1340094
youtu.be/0_NS0vAYGVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is everyone here too young to remember The Crow?

I member. Good stuff, too bad about Brandon, he could have been huge.

Here's my gripe; why in the fuck does it have to be a remake of the original? The entire premise of The Crow allows the creative freedom to use anybody who died under unjust circumstances.

remake makes it seem like its just being modernised, where being a 'reboot' makes it seem like it failed in the first place. to normies and people who havent seen the crow anyway

>Nick Cave (story and screenplay)

good christ I wish it were real.

Nobody cares about the others, everyone only likes Draven. There have been countless characters that starred in different Crow stories but only one is memorable or appreciated.

>zambee Khal Drogo and his trusty bird sidekick the movie

This is why the shitty TV series also used Eric Draven.

No.

The original not only still holds up, but is vastly superior to most modern capeshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=F2ucqK4993c

Nah. I've watched every movie and read every comic. I had the television series on my external hard drive too. Right now I have a Crow movie poster in closet. There's been waayyy too many remakes. And ones that attempt to develop the story somehow still fail at that. I'd love to see Curare become a movie though. Just as long as the writing is ahead of the comics.

>won't shave his beard
>dropped

It is real.

imdb.com/title/tt1340094

I wouldn't shit you, user. You're my favorite turd.

I still wonder how the finished the movie when brandon died, did they just replace him or what?

The scenes where they needed to show his face they used a stunt double and digitally edited it on. Otherwise it's just a double. Most if not all of the lines were already recorded/good enough to use anyway.

movies are filmed out of sequence. There were only a few places a double wouldn' do and they actually digitally cut him out of other footage and inserted him where they needed him

UGH.
Get this ugly fucking cunt Momoa off my favorite comic movie.

I love that movie. I really don't care for a reboot, and Momoa is a shitty choice.

My big gripe is Momoa's build is way too jacked and bulky for Eric Draven, it won't work unless he manages to slim down. Draven's build was more like Glenn Danzig's than Momoa's

There have been more shitty Crow movies than good ones, so who cares?

>Draven
Why do this? His name in the comic was just Eric. His last name was never revealed.

Danzig is still way too jacked. He was skinny before death and then skinny but toned after.

Let's do other Crows. Eric is the best but I'm sure there are others in the pantheon.

youtu.be/0_NS0vAYGVk
>CAW CAW BANG FUCK, I'M DEAD
goat cape villain coming through

I'm tired of Jason Momoa, to be honest. And I'd much rather see a different Crow than another Draven remake, especially because nothing can top the original movie.
But Nick Cave as screenwriter, color me interested.

What do you think of City of Angels, Sup Forums?

I think it's yet another case of the studio heads meddling with the creative potential of a movie.

Mamoa is the new Jai Courtney

I actually think a legitimate sequel would be interesting, and have the hero meet Ernie Hudson's character, who kind of mentors or at least explains what's happening to them.

The sequels we got sucked, but you CAN do it right.

>Skinny

Not sure what you saw, but Eric was definitely beefed, just in a more "he can kick your ass" type of buff instead of Momoa's "lifting weights" type.

What Crow comics do you recommend?

Why, user? What in it do you think was spoiled by the suits?

With theit choice of Momoa I fear they're going to take the action aproach for this film. Kinda sad? Years ago, there was talk of Tom Hiddleston showing interest in the Eric part. What do you think Sup Forums, would your expectations be different if they stuck to Hiddleston for a remake?

I wish it'd have been able to have been Sam Witwer. The man has a great sad face.

This
Literally my favorite comicbook movie of all time

What the hell was it about Top Dollar? The guy is the embodiment of the retardedly over-the-top theatrical Hollywood movie psychos--a ludicrous, incestuous, occultist, pyromaniac anarchist who runs around with a fucking katana--and yet he's one of the best movie villains ever. The character sounds completely stupid on paper, but he works so unbelievably well, and I have no idea why. I guess Michael Wincott is just that good.

He fit the bizarre yet bleak atmosphere of the film. He was bigger and badder than the other criminals, yet had that gothic flare. Plus the actor was 10/10.

>star: jason momoa
officially ruined

they made a terrible series that was terrible, a sequel which was just as bad, and i think there was a terrible game where every one that worked on it died horribly and it was also a terrible game
i really think the crow is cursed

>nick cave
holy shit! it might be good

I like Drogo but he seems a pretty bad fit for this sort of role.

>The sequels we got sucked, but you CAN do it right.

Well.... the second one sucked. The third one was decent. I think it will be really hard to live up to the original movie.

They made 4 films with different crows, its profitable franchise.

What game?

In the original source material, Top Dollar was just some long haired dipshit who didn't wear a shirt.

>nick cave

Whattaya guys think of Wicked Prayer?

The bad guy becoming a supernatural force of his own was a nice premise to me. You couldn't tell if he was just delusional or if it was actually gonna work.