Who would you side with if you were part of the Avengers?

Who would you side with if you were part of the Avengers?

Tony's because his side comes with get out of jail free cards no matter how much illegal shit you do.

Whichever gives me more money, so Tony

Cap

Hulk/Thor

Cap, and it's got n-nothing to do with his looks, b-baka

Revengers disbanded.

Tony because he did nothing wrong and Cap is an asshole.

Tony. Because he was right. And he, War Machine, Spider-man and Vision are the strongest. Cap's team only had Scarlet Witch as a heavy hitter. And Giantman as a distraction.

As an audience watching the movie I pretty much saw Tony for an egotistical a-hole. He's a narcissist and a piece of shit. I saw him as the villain in this movie.

If I was an Avenger though? I think Id agree with Black Widow that sticking together and being avengers is important. Id want to look good in the public eye. I don't want them to fear us, we're not batman. Id sign and go the route of the accords.

How are they gonna feel about the whole situation when they come back?

Tony.

>tony
>in the right

This.

Cap.

Cap, and I'd go chill in Wakanda.

Captain Snake

The civil war book did a FANTASTIC job of making each side of the argument understandable. It's really hard in writing to make a conflict where there isn't an obvious "right" choice. If you haven't read it do it. I really wasn't sure whos side I would have taken.

Difficult choice, but I am siding with Tony

>not signing the Accords but then refusing to go to the airport to stop Cap master race

I wouldn't sign but I wouldn't fight. I'd just do my own thing until they force me to fight.

nice b8

>Not siding with Captain America
Sure is /jackboot/ in here

Cap because he was right. The safest place is in there own hands.

one of the options was to just say fuck it and retire i would take that option but if cap asked me for help i would go full insurgent

Is that not the option Hawkeye took in the movie?

yea and he also helped cap like a complete retard

Cap was kind of retarded here. I know Tony was supposed to be the bad guy but his position made more sense.

>if cap asked me for help i would go full insurgent

Congratulations!
You're now a criminal for not signing the accord.

cap just wanted to stop zemo awakening the other super soldiers

And he went about it in a way that ensured the most resistance possible.

what else could he do in that situation? Ross didn't give a fuck when tony told him about zemo plans

How should he have gone about it?

Didn't cap find out hydra was in shield and the government TWICE?

And, only thing that matters is saving lives dummy

Probably Tony. Cap is right, but having getting paid a shitton of money and benefits to oppress the weak is too good to pass up.

Cap. Without a doubt. He could punch a baby, and I'd still think that baby did something to deserve it

Sided with Cap in the book, sided with Cap in the movie. Will continue siding with Cap until they replace him with Falcon. Then I'll side with Steve.

Cap, because I wanna lick his sweaty asshole

i bet it taste like apple pie

Wouldn't Cap discovering that Hydra was pretty much fucking people up from the shadows put him in a better light that... you know, the guy who let his damn house get destroyed after purposefully trying to make a terrorist look weak, then to uncover that said terrorist was a joke?

I mean, I know, I know, >Marvel citizens and PR be damned, but seriously, I'd seriously think that maybe Cap had a better position to be followed and he'd get more sympathizers after TWS.

Without siding with someone you would be detained pretty quickly. You aren't going to save lives inside a cell.

Chris Evans fought to let him do that scene shirtless. They did not let him. Do you need any more reason to call out Hollywood for their evil.

The Avengers were able to operate with the relative impunity that they had because of the world's goodwill that they'd built up through their various world-saving escapades. But, deep as that well is, it's not infinite, and the world's goodwill is a resource that, as of Lagos, seemed to be running out.

Much better to have a formal framework to operate under so that, at least, if you ever DO run into a situation where the local military starts firing on you, you can at least rest assured, based on something more concrete than your own (who knows? Potentially deluded!) judgment that you're not the ones stepping out of line there.

At least, that's how I'd see it. I really doubt I'd be happy with the details of the Sokovia Accords, but you need SOME sort of formal respect for existing authority. Otherwise you're kind of, uh, taking over the world a little.

Cap.
Tony's a fucking hypocrite.

Most of the blood in the MCU is on Tony's hands.
Not to mention the other guy on his side is Thunderbolt Ross.

Cap

Implying I'm some street level shitter

They're all together at the end of the movie, including Heimdall, Korg and miek.

So Cap in the right and Tony on his left?

who's behind him?

is thanos gonna fuck them all?

Cap. There does need to be some regulating body, but the Accords were a bad system that could prevent the team from doing the good that they were formed for. Tony even acknowledged that they would need to be amended, but there's no reason to believe that would actually happen anytime soon or fix the issues properly. I wouldn't get on board with it until the regulating laws have been made acceptable.

Yeah but they're not the Revengers anymore, they got revenge so the team's purpose is served. They're probably going to go and join up with the Avengers again. So Thor and Hulk will have to pick a side unless Thanos beats them to Earth and the whole "common enemy" thing means they never have to.

Captain, because he was right.
Tony was being fucking retarded and honestly, he should've known better than to trust the government. He had already been fooled by this type of person before, in the first fucking movie he was in even.

If we're talking about in the context of the MCU, Steve. I'd never fully trust any governing body after the Hydra/SHIELD shenanigans.

If we're talking about any "realistic" context though? Tony is so far in the right that he can never turn left again. The notion of what amounts to a privately owned PMC of superpowered heroes with no oversight would basically lead to World War 3 or all these people getting their throat slit by foreign powers while they sleep, there's no practical standpoint from which that can function in modern society.

Part of my issue with Civil War is it wants to play pretend with having "real" stakes while thinking that Cap is somehow right in any universe that HASN'T had a sleeper-cell takeover of a spy agency. If you want to actually engage with the themes of the story outside of the comic-book stuff Cap comes off as a GET OFF MY LAWN libertarian manchild who doesn't understand how society functions. Hell, it's nearly Randian in the "no oversight only the fucking elites of the world can police other elites the fucking plebes have no right to judge us" shit.

>inb4 but the Accords were shit

It's either that or the Hague. Tony was right, you work from the inside to change things.

I liked Civil War a lot as a comic-book thriller, but I basically have to totally shut my brain off to the themes beyond total surface-level because thinking about its ideas seriously has some pretty ugly ideas about responsibility and oversight.

Fucking disney, they're cool with female animals having fuck me eyes to spawn a generation of furries, but sexually awakening young girls to beautiful, buff men is crossing the line?

You're like those retarded faggots who watched Code Geass and think that the dude who cucked himself and fought against his own people was in the right.
Literally just retarded.

Cap has the best hoors so I guess fuck you Tony.

>girls

Be honest with yourself

>You're like those retarded faggots who watched Code Geass and think that the dude who cucked himself and fought against his own people was in the right.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Tony because his point that the government will just get mad and have special forces assassinate Captain America's team (none of whom are bulletproof) if they don't comply was 100% valid and no one really had a counter-argument to it.

>weaboo sperging

>mfw code geass is over a decade old

Spinzaku was right.

Cap would have sided with Tony eventually if the world wasn't trying to kill Bucky
Which I guess means I'm with Cap
But I see why Tony couldn't side with Cap given the public pressures
But the public tries to convict with getting all of the facts

Maybe but I think we can all agree that Ougi was wrong

Captain.
Ultimately I agree with his "Individual has to figure out on there own if they are going to do good or bad. Secrets, specially secret identities held in the files of the government are stolen far faster and easier than if a guy just kept it to himself and killed the butler who kept letting women done into the lair. I'M TALKING TO YOU ALFRED, YOU FUCKING COCKWAD.

Libertarians choose Cap
Authoritarians choose Tony

I'd side with cap, but I agree with Tony that they did need some oversight. Just not absolute oversight.

>saving lives
>from the vault