/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

MANDO STRONK Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out Next Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E9: "Rebel Assault" (Mon 13)
Doctor Aphra #14 (Wed 15)
Darth Vader #8 (Wed 15)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Fri 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Kindred & Crawler Commanders
youtube.com/watch?v=wi8UaZ_pX30

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmx94cUVEY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Is there any mando in canon with a headcrest? I think of that as a purely clone ornamentation.

Who is he?

>master race

Urgh, this thread title makes me feel like I have been pissed on by Mango pee-pee bois

None in canon, but the whole MANDO'A fan culture involves making up your own OC Mando, and the Traviss-era view of the clones was that they counted as Mandos because of Jango and because a bunch of other Mando mercs trained them, so it's not surprising that some of the costumers incorporate clone armor elements

more Asian in star wars

It is a proud honor to undergo the yu'rina'shun ritual! Do not insult our cultural heritage!

In the words of Kyle Katarn

"Stick to space Asians kids"

Thoughts?

vhonte tervho a qt 3.14

Why is /swco/ so triggered off mandos again?

>that fatass with the plastic dollar-store katana
Who's got pictures of organic CIS soldiers? Fighting for the independence of your home planet against what would become the Empire is baller shit.

Laughing at something is different from being triggered, dude

>Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls

holy shit I remember this

Becaue the mando fandom are the most autistic of all star wars fans. They were extremely vocal in their opposition to the changes with Boba/Jango in the new Canon.

Them being accepted into the circlejerk that is the 501st does not help matters.

if you like mandos then you support her books

Replace the iceberg with a rabbit hole, and we're golden

ALL mando grills are QTs

>Them being accepted into the circlejerk that is the 501st does not help matters.
Were they? I thought they had to form their own costume group specifically because the 501st has a no donut steels rule.

I'm sorry that I like mangos, /swco/

out of the way ISB, death watch is in control

Get rid of Frenchie, then we'll talk.

where's shieldgate

I like her books and the Jedi do kidnap kids

Missing Bigger Luke

Oh, a mango thread, whaddya know. I still have /swco/ written in mando'a on my helmet.

Clone Trooper fags are way worse than mando fags thats a fact

Daily reminder that the Jakku story in Legends of Luke Skywalker is a misinterpretation of Luke's encounter with Del on Pillio in Battlefront 2.

That's actually pretty cool, user.

Is that Jeremy Bulloch's signature on the left poster?

Can you actually read mandoa user?

Clan Visla's new sigil is lame.

>original holonet news

How does /swco/about the jedi using padawans, which are essentially child soldiers?

It was fine until the TCW formalized the Jedi are a military.
When they were just warrior monks, it was a lot less "Child soldier" and a lot more "squire/apprentice"

Mando posting?

a baller

Canderous is always allowed

>tfw no clan Ordo in Rebels

what wrong with child soldiers?

Were adolescent Padawans ever purposefully deployed into active combat zones? The only one I can maybe think of is Ahsoka, but I'm not sure how old she was during TCW.

Nah, not without a guide. I'm not QUITE that autistic. Yet.

You don't like most honoraboru flower?

Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume was in between 12-18 during the last year of the Clone Wars and he actually got gut-shot for his troubles. I don't remember exactly what his given age was

16 also they let her dress like a slut

>tfw cassus will never be canon since fetts aren't mandos in canon

Bring back Crusader Mandos
That helmet design is superior to the bucket heads we have now

>padawan lineup
O-Oh my...

we will never have a tv Mandos wars

Not in comparison to the old shriekhawk

Step aside lads, best Mando coming through.

fuck

*Breathes in*

Clone Troopers are literally 9 year olds

Kanan was born in 33 bby, so he was 14 when order 66 occurred.

Anyone else think it's odd that Star Wars has completely and utterly skipped over that part?
Like, they're literal slaves. Child slaves.

This is gonna be a new forced meme, isn't it

That's neither Lagos or Soniee

whyd they feel the need to make janina fat?

The whole BBY thing always confused me. What date format did they use during the clone wars and the days of the republic? And why did they keep changing how they kept track if years? Luke even makes a comment about this in Heir to the Empire.

and even more than that, they're living, breathing, fully intelligent and self-aware beings bred and raised for the sole purpose of waging war. That's more than "child soldiers", that's some dehumanizing shit. They're taking sentient beings and treating them like livestock.

Really makes you think

This has actually been addressed a few times, both in the EU and canon

No. Just spam, if it gets posted enough.

Sort of like that 'report' pic.

>we all use them child soldiers

BBY is for the viewer/reader 's benefit. It isn't the actual date system used in-universe

In what way?
All I've seen is "Wow, you guys have it rough, being slaves and all" "Nah, we like being slaves because the Jedi are good masters and the Republic is worth fighting for"
Like that changes anything

ABY/BBY is for us as an audience, it makes it so that events are easily related to A New Hope. IDK what they use in the Galaxy

Not him but TCW had two clones who actually rebelled against it in different ways- one betrayed the Republic, the other just went AWOL and became a farmer. There's growing resentment in the Umbara arc over being seen as disposable fodder and being expected to just do what they're told, too.

Han's opinion on Mangos is absolutely hilarious

thanks

>I've never read a single Star Wars book or comic before

So basically Han is the same as the white supremacists who say "I dont hate blacks... just niggers!"

How could anyone claim that Rebels are canon when this was in original Episode IV opening roll?

Not even mentioning the Rebel council in rogue One acting like they never fought Empire for real before.

heh, Boba Fat

I'd like to see her mangos

Is there a point you are trying to make here? Be sure to explain what you are talking about instead of posting a picture and a tangentially relevant opinion.

>first victory

None of the events we've seen in Rebels so far constitute a military victory. Successful sabotage, covert ops, retreat, survival, sure, but no military victory in sight.

was that suppoused to be funny?

He truly is /ourguy/

Ah you see, Rebels follows Phoenix Squadron, not the REAL Rebels

This is what pisses me off about Rogue One, the Battle of Scarif is scarcely a victory by even the most lenient stretching of that term. George Washington wouldn't even call that a victory.

Is it just me or does Tarkin lose all the charisma he had in the movies in the animated shows?

What major victories has the Rebellion scored in Rebels? Sure they won a few dogfights, stole a carrier, and disabled a few ISD's, but every time the Rebellion went toe-to-toe with the empire on a large scale it has lost.

There's a difference between scattered low-stakes skirmishes by mostly independent resistance movements and large, organized offensives by a united galaxywide paramilitary organization

It's the difference between "the French resistance shot a few German officers and then scattered into the shadows" and "The Allies just stormed the beach on Normandy and are starting to move on Paris"

It was a strategic victory, not a tactical one

They successfully stole top-secret plans from a fortified Imperial installation. They achieved what they came to do, that's a victory.

Tactically it was a pyrrhic victory, strategically it was a coup.

In order for a victory to be consider Pyrrhic, you still need to win