Alright I've been hearing rumblings that this election will be 1980 again

Alright I've been hearing rumblings that this election will be 1980 again.

Some say it might not be as big but it'll be shocking.

Others are saying demographics and the times have changed too much for it to happen again.

Redpill me on why you think it's possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Surprise_conspiracy_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Redpill me on why you think it's possible.
because trump is retarded and only appeals to memers and racist old people

it's impossible to predict what's going to happen.

trump could easily win and easily lose.

fuck off cunt

oh my allah
the phrase "red pill" has really lost its meaning.

california red
those truly were great times

>election is like 1980
>back when the electorate was 90% white

>wv blue
>california red
>vermont red
>georiga blue

>Alright I've been hearing rumblings that this election will be 1980 again.

Stay away from those people

>New York and California are red
>West Virginia and Georgia are blue

Wew, what a year

Redpill means "inform me"

Guys Im starting to figure we are probably looking at 4 more years of SHIT, but if we lose can we agree - to start working on 2020 by

1. Putting plants inside Clintons Camp
2. Creating more Ground Game in key battle ground states for our next Candidate
3. Accessing all emails for all Clinton CFG and People close to the Clintons
4. Penetrating the DNC Ground Game and DNC Office
5. MAGA get Trey Gowdy to Run this show

back then California and NY were both swings/battlegrounds (as were most states honestly, this polarization is new as parties are becoming increasingly radicalized), and both West Virginia and Georgia were very reliably democrat

Carter was from Georgia and West Virginia was a solid blue state until 2000.

nah it means to reveal a hidden truth

saying "redpill me on why you think this certain opinion" is really dumb

>Others are saying demographics and the times have changed too much for it to happen again.
They are right. The southern states will become democratic in the next 12 years...

If this happens it will be because of the milleneals. They are all registered independents and are trump fans by a huge margin.

>West Virginia was a solid blue state until 2000

How come?

>Changing demographics

Maybe a little bit
But I was hearing that latino's aren't voting as much for Clinton as they expected.

Paco could save us in the end anons.

The Cubs won the World Series and Donald Trump is running for President, promising to strengthen American manufacturing to compete against those pesky Asians.

Of course it's 1980 - it's everything the 80's dreamed of.

Why did hilldawg change the DMC color to red???

You need to have faith, user

Kek will deliver (PBUH)

It could be a modern day 1980 which means like a 30pt republican win but no super blowout

(((They))) helped Reagan win.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Surprise_conspiracy_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro

Amen

Unions. A lot of poor whites worked in mines and on farmers in the hills so they unionized to protect themselves. Plus they love welfare, my white grandmother from West Virginia said blacks and whites would never be together unless it was in the mines or in line collecting the check

I am trying to remain hopeful, but I just feel like Hillary is going to win.

Americans are overwhelmingly stupid and the majority of voters are women.

This has been the most entertaining election, but I just feel like all the DNC voter fraud is going to tip it over to the Dems.

I wish I could vote for Trump.

spbp

it's not because the IQ of this country is still in the triple digits

i voted in 1980. enthusiasm is much higher this time.

What a shit hole.

White people and their allies are not yet a minority and are agitated to an unprecedented degree.
Romney didn't lose to a coalition of minorities or a huge brown wave. Romney lost because not enough whites liked him -- not because not enough whites existed.

>>West Virginia was a solid blue state until 2000
>How come?
unions used to back democrats, because democrats actually pretended to give a shit about the blue collar workers. Half my family is in the UAW here in Michigan and they are all voting Trump because Democrats have sold them out.

FUCKING MARYLAND FOREVER BLUE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we will win.

What was the media like then?

I live in Massachusetts. No matter what we are blue. Even in the info graphic showing only white males voting, we are blue.

Fuck Maryland
Fuck fuck fuck Maryland.

Thanks I was going to ask how WV went this way too.

>DNC voter fraud

Hell, they don't need voter fraud when we have Virginia doing a mass 11th hour pardoning of felons so they can vote.

I am going to be pretty bitter. Bitter enough to start collecting the benefits that I'm technically entitled to but (didn't) feel right about taking.

maryland needs a good hard nuking tbqh

>GA going blue

Why does this meme keep happening?! WE'RE RED AS FUCK THIS YEAR! DELETE THIS! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Baltimore really

It's exactly like Reagon/Carter election. The polls are being done with past voter turnout records where traditionally Republicans votes in less numbers. But from the rallies I've seen, there's no way that less than 95% will turn out to vote.

Democrats are no where near the level of enthusiasm they had with Obama.

Trump will win big

>What was the media like then?
much more neutral even though most newspapers did give an endorsement they weren't paid off like they are now. Cable news wasn't really a thing yet at all.

It went blue in 1980 because Carter was from GA. Also Bill Clinton won GA so some shillbots think Hillary can pull it off too

Democrats liked Reagan.

Democrats don't like Trump.

>(R) 43.901.812 - EV 489
>(D) 35.483.820 - EV 49

>popular vote difference was ~10%
>EV difference was ~81%

Is this because of those winner-takes-all states? I mean Reagan won either way, but doesn't it feel wrong that he got 80% of the votes that matter even if only 10% more of the population supported him?

No Internet. No alternative media. Talk radio was nowhere as Rush Limbaugh wasn't even in radio yet. The militia movement was starting to get off its feet with flyers and monthly pamphlets. It'd explode in the 80s.

>Democrats don't like Trump

Back to your cuckshed ctr nerd virgin

Trump was being treated the same way trump is, he also had a contingent of establishment republicans against him the whole time

If Republicans lose they can only blame themselves. My reasoning may be offensive to others, viewer discretion is advised.
For decades the Republicans in the south west did NOTHING about mass immigration. They loved the cheap labor and expected Mexicans to always loved getting paid shit--being exploited. The Democrats and some Union leaders have tried to increase their wages and level the field. Republicans always bet they'd have the Hispanic vote. Well, when you use people sometimes it backfires!

american system is : the weak must fear the strong

Trust me when I say Welfare is the main reason. It's still a huge problem in the state now. I live in a small town in WV and I'd say 95% of the town is on Welfare. and then 4% work in other towns/cities.

There was the evening news on the big three (ABC, CBS, and NBC) and the McNeil/Lehir (sp) news hour on PBS. So you could consume two hours of news in the evening if you wanted.

There was also the morning news as well, with your typical sports scores and weather. One hour. And a half hour in the afternoon. This was in the Pittsburgh market.

Up until Nightline, that was it. The only way you could get more or different news was to have a shortwave radio and listen to BBC, Radio Moscow, or whatever bullshit the Voice of America was shoveling. My parents of course were red pilled enough already to have this, which is why I know.

Nightline was a godsend for anyone who gave a shit about the hostage crisis, which was everyone, including kids. We all thought if Carter stayed in then the Iranians would keep the hostages. Why? Because that's what Iran said would happen, as I recall, and also because it made sense.

I don't think it will be that drastic just because of the shifting demographics, but I think he will win because he isn't the same boring cuckservative nominee and his opponent is, well, garbage.

> he also had a contingent of establishment republicans against him the whole time
During the primary maybe. His running mate George H. W. Bush WAS the establishment.

Legal Latinos fucking hate illegal Latinos. Count on the legal ones voting for Trump

Same here. I know many UAW people fed up with democrats taking a shit on them basically. They are voting trump in MI

"Demographics and Times have changed too much"

Yeah as if the same types of people voted for the same parties as now back then. Georgia, WV MD, MN.

Also Democrats don't OWN blacks and Hispanics like they seem to think.

Carter was from GA so that makes sense, and that was the last of the Dixiecrats

Clinton won not because of Clinton, but because of Perot. 13% of the vote that should have gone to Bush went to him.

I have seem exactly one Hillary sign and that was a "Hillary for prison" sign. We're not going blue

My prediction

Firstly, has everyone forgotten #DEMEXIT?

Second: ask yourself, do you really belong on Sup Forums? Or are you better off talking politics with your friends on Facebook or with normies on Twitter?

What everyone has failed to realize is that A) the DNC lost its base support when they cucked Bernie and B) the Trump base is fired up more than ever right now and C) history repeats itself - an unpopular president gets followed by a popular president of the other party.

Trump wins everything except Illinois and DC.