DCEU Reboot

>Be you
>long lost son of big hollywood executive
>turns out he's a major necrophiliac
>his secret gets out and he offs himself
>in his last will and testament you are given the creative control over the DCEU
Wat Do?

Who would you re-cast?
Would you keep any of the same actors?
How would you start of the DCEU so that it wasn't a complete mediocre shit show?
Would you finally murder Zach Snyder?

I’d put Snyder back in charge

Pretend Sucide Squad doesn't exsist, but keep Viola Davis as Waller.

Make the next Justice League movie about Starro, but include a race of aliens who have been conquered by Starro as Starro's foot soldiers.

Make a really simple Flash movie with Gorrila Grodd as the main villain and include the Rogues.

Allow prequel Batman movies with a different actor as Batman (keep Ben for Justice League movies and crossovers) about Batman's earlier career, end it with the death of Jason Todd which I'd have happen a few months before Man of Steel. Allow the Batfamily to spring out of this (Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood); keep Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

Well off the top of my head:
I'd let the current productions finish and release; but cease any future plans not currently in production. Then I'd wait 10 years for people's memory to fade a bit and have them not be so sick of superheros or at least start going "Whatever happened to superman and batman?".
Then I'd go all out on a cinematic universe.
Superman standalone with themes and atmosphere of hope and the aspirations of mankind. Sequel might explore Mongul or something.
Batman standalone with themes and atmosphere of how sick and dirty humanity can be (it'd be gritty but with a little camp). Dick would be in it. Maybe Damien or Jason in a sequel.
Green Lantern movie taking place mostly in space with interesting alien civilizations.
Blue and Gold get a movie because why the fuck not.
Most of the movies have mild crossovers with each other.
Justice League rolls around and I fully expect and intend these unique atmospheres and themes I develop for these standalone characters to clash.

I'd essentially blow tons of money on it not caring whether or not the companies fail as a result.

Oh, also, I'd hugely cut the marketing budget as I don't care too much if these movies even get scene and too much money gets wasted on that as is. Worse comes to worst: they'll become a cult phenomenon whether or not they're good and I can reap benefits from that years later.

i would start with a Batman movie to jump of the DCEU, not because I'm a batfag, but because the casual audience know and love the batsman. Then I would proceed with making a solo flash Cyborg movie, so that they can get more familiar with the concept of alien technology I.e mother boxes. Then I would produce a Wonder Woman movie followed by a solo super man movie. The only Characters that would not get a movie in the beginning phase would be the Flash and Aqua man.

I think Nickolaj Coster could play a mean Bruce Wayne
I think Henry Cavil is a decent supermen
Jason Malmoa could be a refreshing take on aquaman

Fuck everyone else.
Imma make the comic book universe I want.
Fuck this pussy footing around, we know what superheroes are, we know what aliens and magic are, let's just get in there.

...I have no actual plans.

Im sorry but Starro would never work the literally sense of him being a giant alien starfish so how would you rework him.

What's wrong with a giant alien starfish?

Those look more like jellyfish tho which ppl are scared of.

i think mongul as a starting superman villain would be awesome or even parasite. They wouldn't necessary be world ending villains but would put up enough of a challenge for sups.
I would also start with a batman origins trilogy. Start with the first movie batman has too take down the first black mask then Hugo Strange who was experimenting on a little orphan boy (this would be jason todd).
Then in the second movie would fight the joker leading up to the inevitable death of Jason todd. The third movie would be batman and the his new robin (dick grayson) taking on Ra's Al'Ghou and the Jason Todd to end the trillogy.

they are fucking terrifying

Keep Snyder, put him on Hellblazer, cause tell me you don't think he'd be a good fit with his aesthetics, moral ambiguity and religious imagery,

Wonder Woman 2 takes some inspiration from Azzerello's run in that, the Old God's are dead and Diana has to meet the New Gods
Set up New God's solo

Put Guy Ritchie on the Blue and Gold movie with Armie hammer and Ryan Gosling, as really either character

Denis whatshisname who directed Arrival and Blade Runner 2049, can make me a Question movie with Keanu Reeves

The Gang from it's Always sunny plays the rogues in Flash

Introduce Black Adam in Shazam 2, have him get fucked over by Sivana and others, set up his Solo which would be heavily inspired by his story arc in 52

Get Alex Garland to direct cyborg, betwen Dredd and Ex Machina (one damn good comic book movie and one damn good robot movie) he should be able to do SOMETHING interesting with Cyborg

Superman should have Brainiac as a villain next,

Aquaman 2 uses the trench and taps into James Wan's Horror roots

Flash 2 Explores the multiverse and more time travel shenanigans, Barry meets Eobard

Kevin Smith directs a green arrow movie

Batgirl and Harley quinn movies are molded into one Sirens vs Birds of Prey movie

Do a constantine Zatanna team up movie maybe throw swampy in there

Alternatively get Guellermo Del Toro to direct a Swamp thing/ Animal man movie based off their respective new 52 runs

No More origin stories for people, take 5 minutes at the start of the film to show each character's tragic back story and how they got their powers, during the opening credits, with maybe a bit of narration,

>The Gang from it's Always sunny plays the rogues in Flash
kek imagining danny devito as Captain Cold

Basically you don't have much of actually Starro; rather more of Starro's mind control spores. When you do finally reveal the scale of Starro you make Starro the size of a fucking continent, plus with how you do the texture and shading of Starro you could make this massive starfish actually threatening.

Also, you have Starro discussed and whispered as "The Conqueror" to start. That way people (normies) will initially think it's a dude like Thanos, or whatever other antropomorphic generic alien badguy, until you really Starro as something truly alien and powerful.

Aquaman is the key to defeating Starro

>Keep Snyder, put him on Hellblazer, cause tell me you don't think he'd be a good fit with his aesthetics, moral ambiguity and religious imagery,

It wouldn't, because he wants creative control too. He's a nice visual guy, but he never stops there based on his track record.

Something else I want to add:

Have Batman's narration/inner monologue in Batman's movies. While the whole "show don't tell" thing is very true for Batman having narration/inner monologue gives you a noir feel and lets people actually see the inner workings of Bruce's mind which is one of the most fascinating things about Batman.

Birdman was amazing because we finally got some internal monologuing from Batman. I want that in an actual superhero movie, not some up himself Mexican pretending superhero movies suck.

Is this besides the fact that my father never really was my father?

I would use some actual saturation in my films for starters.

Batman: Court of the Owls, establishes Dick as Nightwing, and has him make a bunch of remarks on him being more violent and stuff. Post credit is the reveal of Joker in Dionysium, his tattoos washing off. Leto is a great actor, design and character is trash. It gives us an excuse to revamp

Flash. Barry is balancing college and saving Central City. We open the film with him taking down the Top, or some other lame villain. Barry, in the fight, breaks through the Multiversial barrier, and Jay Garrick enters. He trains him for a while, and warns of a new DARKNESS. The darkness is originally played as a generic all consuming black cloud we always see in blockbusters, but is revealed by the end of film to be the Shade, a semi immortal. He kills Jay, who is blessed with Mercury's speed, like in the New 52. This gift is passed to Wally West, a high school kid, and younger brother of Iris.

Aquaman. Hopefully the first movie will be more Ocean Master than Black Manta. The second would basically be the second volume of New 52 Aquaman, with some added Garth and Murk.

Wonder Woman would be a modern story about Cheetah, and we have Urzkartaga manipulate Diana through Steve. Steve is resurrected, as an agent of the Decay. Swamp Thing comes in, it's a jolly old time. Steve stays dead, and her angst for losing him is giving more weight since it's now more recent, as opposed to a literal lifetime ago. The movie doesn't have many characters, outside of Diana and Barbara, but we do see Bwunta, and some of the residents there, including a young girl who is basically an OC because Wonder sidekicks are too complicated.

Green Lantern gets a fucking Green Lantern movie. It's Red Lanterns as the baddies, and they fight, and shit. Movie focuses a lot on Hal and Sinestro, and his turn to villainy. Kilowog also shares the broing.

Cyborg literally gets a Titans movie

A light-hearted comedic franchise, with Batman TBATB and Justice League Action as inspiration, to trigger edgelords and snyderfags.

>A light-hearted comedic franchise, with Batman TBATB and Justice League Action as inspiration, to trigger edgelords and snyderfags.
I've never read a DC comic in my life! the post.

What does any of this have to do with comics? I am talking about the movies, and about Snyder's edgy tryhard "it's deep art you guys" approach.

Superman movie has Mongol. He tries to enslave humanity and such. Clark gets Kryotinited, and put as a War World Warrior. He manages to escape Mongul, without his powers, and Clark rallies Metropolis natives to rebel. Jimmy is there even. Real Jimmy.

JL 2, Darkseid finally invades, and the world gets fucking totaled first half is JL versus Darkseid. They get fucked, Flash travels back in time, and recruits all those extra peeps like Dick and Wally, and they manage to turn the tides, especially Wally. The new JL for the second half has the seven, Wally, Garth, Dick, Wonder Girl OC, all unite and save the day. A lot of cool combos with them. Cyborg leads them. Then that Titans movie comes in vs Slade

I would mostly do like says, but also work on a series of Flash movies that go in this order:
>Origin Story with Grodd
>Sequel with multiple smaller villains, but focuses on his accidental trip to Jay Garrick's earth
>Rogues heist movie with Flash as the antagonist
>Third movie with Reverse Flash (slight horror vibe, touches on the subject of what an evil Flash could do) that also sets up Wally

And a few more if people aren't sick of them by that point.

Devito is turtle man

Been thinking about this for a while actually
>Dennis and Dee as the bickering Captain Cold and Golden Glider
>Mac as the vain and self-absorbed Mirror Master
>Charlie as the wildcard Trickster
Devito's a little trickier but I'd go with and make him the Turtle